• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deaf or blind?

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I would rather be deaf because i could learn sign language,and if i was blind i would not be able to do the things that i do (such as reading 4 one)

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Deaf. Im a writer. To never be able to finish my book or articles or poems would be like death on the inside. Already have poor vision and i hate it. Losing it completely would drive me insane. Plus being deaf means never having listen to dumb---es.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Deaf, because there are implants - as well as hearing aids - that allow you to hear. Blindness is a lot harder to cure...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...Surprised so many said deaf o_o;

I would prefer to be blind for many reasons. One reason is because as strange as it sounds - I can't live without hearing Forever, honestly. If I'm upset, it's able to make me happy, and make me generally forget what was wrong with me. That may just be a song, but it's been able to change my life. Another reason is because if I don't have sound, then I feel scared... I don't like when anything is quiet, so if I was deaf, that would really suck. And being blind, yeah, I'll miss sight... but still, I don't wanna lose my sound. D:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I would rather be deaf, even though I wouldn't consider either if I had the choice...

It would be fun for a while, not hearing my parents screaming at my ear for the rest of my life, but things tend to get really boring when one loses his/her five sense. :<

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • To be honest, if I had to choose I'd rather just die.

Both are essential to me, and I'm a bit of a weakling.

It's so bad that I can't even decide which one I'd rather be. I've thought about how things would be if I lost them and I can say that I really wouldn't be able to carry on if I lost either of them...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Between deaf and blind, I would have to choose being deaf, because without sight I would just be natural klutz not knowing where anything is. As much as I love music, not being able to see what there is out there would only mean missing out on something special. Plus, I'd like to know what's happening with my eyes, not only my ears alone. It's a tough decision though, but I'm glad I'm not deaf nor blind ... yet at least. >.>

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd rather be deaf. I'd hate to be unable to hear my favourite songs but... most of what I do from day to day is visual. I can get by without hearing things. But without seeing? I can't even imagine that. I'd rather give up my hearing than my vision for sure.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wooow.. I honestly had to think about this for a couple of minutes. I'd hate to not be able to hear, because I love music, and singing and all that jazz. At the same time, almost everything else that I enjoy relies on sight.. I'd be pretty screwed as far as doing the things I like to do, if I were blind. D;

Soo.. I'd rather lose my hearing, if I had to pick.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    This is tough. If this were 20 years into the past before there was internet, I'd pick blind. But since I spend so much time on the computer and the internet and sight is much more useful than sound for such a pastime, I'll pick deaf.

Living in a world of silence seems pretty uncanny to me and we wouldn't be used to a scenario, since we don't spend a good portion of time with our ears plugged. Living in a world of darkness might not be as anomalous, since we do it all the time: whenever we lie in bed, trying to fall asleep.

Years
  • It's a tough choice... I like music and art equally, but I suppose usefullness should outweigh personal preference. Therefore, I am going to say deaf. It's not a new experience to me, though. I had a very severe double ear infection that reduced my hearing down to almost nothing for a short time.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I prefer a colorful vibrant world(mostly in subtle shades of dull brown and gray) over any other sense.
    I think my answer is painfully obvious here.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • If I had a nickel for every time I've had this debate with myself...

Being blind is definitely worse in terms of how physically limiting it is. But at the same time, music is such an important part of my life that I can't imagine what I would do without it. Frankly, both would be unbearable.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hmmm..I'd rather choose to be deaf.
    Well all the things I ever hear in my life is the busy traffic and my parent's lectures. I like listening to songs and all, but it doesn't beat being able to see. You can do more things with your eyes than your ears.

Back