• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dealing with Prejudice People.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Close this if inappropriate, I'm sorry.

ie: homophobia/homophobic people, racism, transphobia, etc. How would you say you deal with these kind of people? Please do not joke in here, thank you very much.

Years
    Ignore it.
    Most of the prejudice I've seen comes from older people and well, they won't listen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It really depends. If I'm at work, I'll bite my tongue if necessary bc I can go off if I'm not careful and I ain't trynna lose my job lmfao. I would say something if it got really bad, of course. I just can't let that stuff happen in front of my face. But if I'm like out and about then I'd pipe up and say something.

I get on to my family for it if they do it though lmao. We went to MAC like a week ago and a dude was in there working w make up on and he was stunning honestly and when we left, my mom made a comment and my sister and I were like "???? he looked great leave him alone" and she stopped p quick idk if she was thinking her two very left wing kids were gonna agree w her but lmfao.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    its hard to undo prejudice... its often taught and ingrained unfortunately

Its probably best to ignore those kinds of people as much as you can.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    the only prejudices i've rly experienced are lesser forms of misogyny and ageism, never rly gotten too much prejudice for my sexuality bc most of the ppl i know also aren't straight

usually i just straight up ignore it. like someone will say something and i'll either just not respond, or change the topic very quickly. i'd say that's easier to do when the prejudice you're experiencing is incredibly minor, though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Hmm, depends on what type it is and the person initiating it. If it's transphobia, I will call you out on your shit and educate you because transphobia does not sit well with me under ANY circumstance. I will educate anyone who isn't my parents, anyway.

But, a lot of other things, like antisemitism (I'm Jewish, so I do experience this sometimes), ableism and homophobia, I ignore the comments of. Better to just block it out since I hear them so often. I notice the older people the are, the less they'll change, so I tend to keep how I feel to myself.

User19sq

Ignorance. Unless they use a certain racial slur or get physical. But so far, the latter hasn't happened (the former only online). Not sure I'd last in a fight.

Back