• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Decolonized (PG-13)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Delta was correct in his presumptions. The Lucario was able to get to his barricade and douse it in a short amount of time. It was a miricle he was able to outrun it as far as he did, perhaps the Lucario wasn't as tough as he thought. The fire had sacthed it and it appeared to have been injured beforehand.

Still, Delta wasn't as unwise as to underestimate his oppenent. He managed to make it to the mountains, but his ill fortune had persisted. He had come across a sheer cliff face, impossible to climb without gear, which he lacked. Even had that not been the case he wouldn't have had enough time to hook everything up.

"Halt! Who are you?" an unknown voice coomanded. It was powerful and deep.

Tho voice sounded too close to have come from a human persuer. Which only left the Lucario. As the voice penertrated Delta's mind it didn't feel like it was paasing through his ear, rather directly to his brain. He had heard stories of certain Pokemon that could speak telepathically, but never did he assume that those tales could have prooven truthful.

He now stood face to face, panting, with the Lucario, who shared his exaustion. Although if things should come to a stamina contest Lucario would surely outlast Delta. Just then a trainer, whom Delta had not been paying attention to, emerged from the dead forest.

Delta was ready for a fight, but he stowed his Pokeballs. The old saying went that "the pen is mighteier than the sword," only in this case the vocal cords would have to be just as good. Still, even if talking failed it would buy him enough time to devise a plan. He subtly survayed the area. In a moment he began.

"You do realize I would be far more obliged to answer your friend here if you called him off. I shall not attempt to flee, I feel we can come to an arrangment." Delta said, reaching for his now concealed Pokeballs in case all else failed.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    "Lucario! What are you doing here!? Please, go back to Midnight." Jake said to Lucario.
    "Of course, Jake. I should be going." Lucario replied, dashing back in the opposite direction. but his mouth didn't even move... Jake was still stumped.

"anyway, an arrangement you say..." Jake pondered the thought. "Who are you even, and why did you run in the first place?" Jake asked.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Delta saw the Lucario run away. So now, if nothing else, he'll have a bit of an easier time if all goes bad.

"My name," Delta began to answer, 'is Delta. Now before you do anything, listen. Your people want me to go away, weather that be through death or otherwise. And I don't plan on staying. Just pretend nothing happens here, and I go. Never to bother this place ever again, with luck. If you want you can say you drove me out, then you also get to be a hero on top of it. So, what do you say? Just let me go free, and I'll literary go."

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    Jake Pondered the thought, but then noticed something. "wait, did you say Delta? The guy wrongly accused of Murder?" Jake retorically asked.

"well you've got to speak to Midnight! She's been trying all this time to get back to town before they excecuted you!"

"and I heard you're a good battler, maybe when my Pokemon are healed, we could have a friendly battle?"

(OOC - I just kinda thought that since Jake and Midnight just seemed to be together a lot that he knwe about her opinion of Delta)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Delta was genuinly shocked by his offer. Never had he thought anybody would want him to go back to town, not to be killed that is. He wanted to decline yet there was promise in this. This could end up being either the best or the worst descision he could make.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "If anyone finds out about you doing this you'll surely be condemned. Yet my supplies are low and essentials are mostly dry. I could use this re-supply."

Delta paused for a moment, thinking.

"I you are sure, I'll go with you. I'll stay near the sdge of town, you won't find me, I'll find you. If I see anything funny I'm pullin' out. So if you're sure, lead the way."

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    "Oh i'm sure, you can trust me." Jake responded, heading off towards the Camp.

"Poochyena, can you sniff out Lucario? I'm not exactly sure that this is the right Direction."
    Poochyena Barked twice, then headed off down the same path.

"I'm Jake by the way, I've been out of town a lot, so I didn't hear much about you, but midnight has been saying you're innocent."

after a long walk back, Jake eventually reached the Campsite again, only to find Midnight asleep. Lucario sprang up and growled at Delta.
    "Lucario, ease up. He's a friend" Jake replied.

Jake healed his Pokemon andgave Delta a few supplies.
    It was then that the man started stirring

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Delta stole a glance at the girl sitting in the camp. It was the same girl whom he had revealed his name. Considering how she definatly wasn't Pokemon, by process of elimination, she must be Midnight. The same Lucario who had corned him previously rose to its full height and growled at Delta. Delta kept a firm gaze, if he knew one thing about people to Pokemon interactions, its that you should never show fear. Fear will only give the oppenent an advantage over you.

"Lucario, ease up. He's a friend." Jake said, calming the Lucario.

Friend is a pretty strong term. Thought Delta.

He returned his gaze to the girl, he was apparently supposed to talk to her. He saw that she was uncomfortable. Now was probably a bad time to say anything. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the man he had previously looted stir.

He decided to leave Midnight to her thoughts, instead rushing to the man in a few strides. He was sill in bad condition, but he had slightly improved. He spat onto the snow, there was blood in his salavia. Delta could recognize that he was either bleeding internally or sustained severe injury to his facial area. Without treatment, he could die.

"You again?" he said. "I haven't gotten anything more for you."

"So I see." Delta replied.

He turned to Jake. He wasn't paying a particullary large amount of attention between the exchange of Delta and the man.

"What do you want done with this?" he inquired.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    "Very well then. But this would be a mess to transport." Delta said in response.

Delta thought he might as well do something to help. He was stuck in his vow for a few days anyways. He delivered a swift kick to the man's head, knocking him out. He then took the man, and some rope from his bag, and tied the man to a nearby tree.

"If you want you can call the gaurds and they can take care of this." Delta said.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    "um... thanks, I guess." Jake responded. He wasn't sure that such a violent method was the best Idea.

Jake gave Delta as many supplies as he could spare, then healed his Pokemon.

"So, I've heared you're quite the battler, how's about we have a littlle match before you leave?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    "Very well then. You upheld your end of the bargain so I shall do the same." Delta said, examining the supplies he had been given. It was pretty good, mostly food and water, which he needed.

"So then, so this is a 'friendly' battle do you have any rules you would like to establish?" Delta asked, readying his Pokeballs.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Jake released a Duskull and a Houndour. They didn't look incredibly tough, but Delta wasn't ready to go easy.

"Growlithe, Wooper." Delta said. Growlithe and Wooper appeared in front of him. Growltihe got in a fightng stance and snarled, Wooper hit its tail on the ground twice.

"Your move." offered Delta.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    "Hmm, a Wooper, and Growlithe, looks like you have the upper Hand here... But let's see anyway..."

"Duskull! Night Shade! Houndour! Bite! On Wooper, together!"

Houndour launched at wooper, in an attempt to bite down and hold (OOC - I dunno...)her(?) Still, while Duskull charged up a Night Shade attack, ready to fire

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    The Houndour began to charge Wooper, whilst Duskull charged a Night Shade. Delta had to think fast and portect Wooper, it was the weaker of the two.

"Wooper, jump and use Mud Slap from above. Growithe charge Duskull with a Bite attack." Delta figured Growlithe could withstand a few attacks, so if he got hit by Night Shade it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Wooper was readying its jump, Growlithe was running at Duskull head on.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    Jake's quick-strike tactic didn't cut it. Delta was too quick a thinker...

but it was too late, Duskull saw Growlithe Just in time to fire Night Shade at it, dealing just under a quater of it's health, before getting bitten Hard by Growlithe's Fangs, almost Knocking it clean out.

(OOC Night Shade is a 3HKO on any Pokemon with less than 100 Base HP,if both Pokemon are the same level, but Duskull is a lower level here...)

Over at the battle Vs Wooper, Houndour leaped at wooper, only to have it leap towards him, surprising Houndour and weakening his attack, fortunately, Wooper wasn't able to launch it's Mud-slap either, having jumped in the wrong direction.
    (OOC - that's OK, isn't it? You said Wooper was untrained, so... yeah)

"Wow, you're quick" Jake responded, quite astonished. "But can you catch what you can't see?"

That was when Duskull dissapeared.

"Houndour! Let's test the resolve of Delta's Pokemon, use Roar!"

(OOC - now you're in a little pinch, Duskull is nowhere to be seen, about to strike, that would lower Morale a bit, and then Houndour unleashes a roar... you can choose if your Pokemon are strong of will or not)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Unfortunatly, Houndour was a bit too fast for Wooper, who overshot the jump. Then Houndour let out a Roar attack. Wooper was frozen in fear, for it was still pretty cowardly.

Meanwhile Duskull turned invisible, Delta was left to assume that it had moved away, unfortunantly, Ghost Pokemon had no smell. Houndour then kicked up a bit of dirt, which clung to Wooper, inspiring Delta.

"Growlithe, Sand Attack in all directions." Delta commanded.

It took a few attempts but eventually some sand appeared floating in midair, it was probably caught in the hole in Duskull's mask.

"Growlithe, Ember." said Delta, then rembering Wooper said: "Wooper get over to Growlithe.

Wooper made a foolish mistake and turned around as it fled, at the same moment flame erupted from Growlithe's maw.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    Growlithe was preparing for an Ember atack, and had manage to catch Duskull, but it was too late, Duskull was going to hit.

"Duskull! Now! Faint Attack!" Duskull rematerialised and struck Growlithe, just before it was able to launch Ember.

"Houndour! Now! Bite that Growlithe! Duskull! Get behind Houndour, Faint attack again!" Houndour leapt at Growlithe, ignoring the Wooper with it's Back turned, while Duskull dissapeared again, rematerialising behind both Houndour and Growlithe, ready to strike.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Just as Growlithe was about to strike, Duskull managed to land a Faint Attack. A foolish move, the close range Ember was able to inflict massive damage because of it. There was no way Duskull could hang on much longer. But now both Duskull and Houndour were charging Growlithe, with Wooper behind them both.

"Wooper, Water Gun on Duskull." commanded Delta.

This move put Delta in a good position, either Duskull could take the hit, and be stopped in its tracks, or it could avoid the attack and risk Houndour getting hit. Still, Houndour was coming on fast, and neither Bite or Ember would do much good. And even Tackle was a bit of a risk. That left one thing:

"Growlithe, use Sand Attack to shorud yourself."

Growlithe managed to whip up a huge sand cloud with a few flicks of its bushy tail.

"Now get out of the way." said Delta, he worded his command specifically so Jake wouldn't know weather Growlithe went left or right.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    "Where- where did he..." Jake was stuttering, he had lost this battle. But there was still one trick up his sleeve.

"Duskull! Faint Attack! Delta, you should know that Faint attack never misses."

"oh, and I've got four Pokemon with me. They may not be a match for Growlithe, but at least they can help take Wooper out of the Picture... Houndour, Return..."

"Say Hello to Sneasel!" Sneasel leapt out of it's Pokeball in mid-air.

"Just to make things fair, I switched Houndour out, so he is out of the battle... Considering Duskull's health, I'll do the same with him soon."

High in the sky, Sneasel could see Growlithe, and was preparing a faint attack accordingly...

Back