• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Deerling or Reshiram? [I remember Christmas in Unova...I was in my winter forme!]

Zekrom or Reshiram?

• Total voters
Years
  • Zekrom reminds me of Red-Eyes Metal Dragon he looks more like him then Reshiram looks like Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Reshiram have more the Appearence of a horse with wings then a Dragon (not that im saying that Zekrom looks 100% like a dragon)Red Eyes Metal Dragon FTW!!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • When the Sugimori art debuted, I loved loved loved Zekrom. However, after some fanart and sprites, I've grown to love Reshiram a bit more so I want Black version. Either way, both are amazing... ly hard to draw. They're so detailed. I voted for both. XD

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I don't really get the appeal of Zekrom, other than him being black, having an epic typing, and giving Pikachu speshul powerz, lol.

In other words, Reshiram all the way. Beautiful blue-eyes dragon bamf. <3 He and Ho-Oh are my favourite legendaries, and only Ubers I actually use.

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • I like Reshiram the most, it feels better than Zekrom to me [:
    - Too bad I'm getting White first, though, which means I won't get Reshiram until next year or something like that ;_; -

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    When first revealed, I immideatley fell in love with Reshiram. I think that its design is awesome and it is very graceful at the same time. However, with time I fell in love with Zekrom. At first I didn't really like him but with the revelation of the typings I loved the idea of an electric Pokemon who isn't yellow. I also love the use of the tails and how they show their type, as well as both of their animations in-game (its awesome!). Anyway, I think for this I will be voting for both if possible, but if not Zekrom because he will be in the game that I choose, for other Pokemon-exclusive reasons.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I like Reshi because of it's Angelic design.

On the other hand, I love the way that Zekrom was typed, and how he looks too.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would have to say Reshiram.
    i dont know anything about attacks or anything but just for looks i choose reshi

The Red Chain

I think the "like level" for Reshiram has gone up now because originally, all we had of Zekrom and Reshiram was their Sugimori art. Now that time has passed and more things for the duo are being revealed, like 3D scenes from the game, origins, sprites, and short videos of "animu" Reshiram and Zekrom, everyone is starting to see more of the duo than before. More reasons to like them have come up. ^^

... Not to speak for everyone, but that's what made me like Zekrom more than I did originally. :x
    Yes, I said Zekrom not Reshiram. XDD I thought Zekrom had too many parts that were almost blatant snatches from Palkia's design, like it's stomach, so I wasn't very happy at first. D:

But now I love that big electric beast! <33

sorry if the first paragraph made hardly any sense, i'm tired again.. >w>;

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • A surprisingly high number of people voted for Reshiram, considering it was the less popular when they were both revealed...

I prefer Zekrom, personally, although neither are exceptional Pokemon in my opinion. They're cool and all, and I prefer them to Dialga and Palkia, but I'm kind of tired of the big, almost robotic-looking mascots.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Reshiram. It looks serene, but as if it could destroy anything in its path if it wanted. In other words, it looks the way I feel. I also appreciate its lack of an ice weakness, though water and stealth rock will be irksome in battle. =.= Oh well, it's another Pokémon for my über team, so why should I complain? (Because I feel like it, duh!)

Zekrom, though... I'll have to get both. <3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I am seriously surprised the poll is slanted more toward Reshiram. D: I don't know many people who really like it.

Anyway, I chose Zekrom. I've always had a penchant for electric types and it looks really cool! Reshiram is weird, looks like it should be albino (that'd be cool, I'll admit) and has a very awkward tuft of hair on its crotch! I'm excited to pick up White in English so I can finally have a Zekrom of my own!

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Reshiram. I like its face and plus, it's part-Fire-type, which is my favorite type.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I like Reshiram more than Zekrom but don't get me wrong I like both of them.
    CarlyCarminepicture9.jpg

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Reshiram actually looks better to me. Apart from that weird tuft xD I don't really like Zekrom's appearance, but it still looks a lot better than the 4th gen legendaries :3

Also, I like how Reshiram turns orange from its fire. I think they should have kept the electricity from pokémon yellow, it's a bit weird that some pokémon give off blue electricity and others yellow.

Back