• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delicious Pokemon

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
  • It has been substantiated in both the anime and the games that certain Pokemon are eaten by humans, and other Pokemon. I rarely ever hear people's thoughts on this, so I decided to make this thread.

If there is a Pokemon food chain, how do you think it would look?
    Are there any Pokemon that you might want to try if you lived in the Pokemon world?
    What would be the most unappetizing Pokemon that no one would want to eat?

As always, keep it as classy as you possibly can.

Years
  • inb4 Vanillite evolutionary line.

I must admit I've never thought of this concept before. Also, the thought of Pokémon cannibalism makes me sad.

I suppose food chains would follow the sort of food chains we have in real life. e.g. Sharpedo (Shark) eats Magikarp (Fish).

As a guy obsessed with bacon, some Emboar or Grumpig bacon sounds very nice. I don't like either species so I guess I wouldn't feel as bad about eating it.

Trubbish/Garbodor or Grimer/Muk would be the worst, but I suspect there would be many other disgusting options if I gave it further thought.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
    Years
  • Pokemon cannibalism? Well assuming that Pokemon exist in another universe...they might not have "brains" so to speak. So I guess they can resort to cannibalism but is not really a nice topic to talk about.

If I saw a Raichu eat a Pichu....well that is out-of-it man!

The most unappetizing Pokemon IMO is a Zaptos

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Farfetch'd was nearly hunted to extinction because it was considered a delicacy. Basculin are apparently quite delicious according to B2/W2's Dex entry.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Things like Basculin and Magikarp, among other weak fish, as well as Farfetch'd tend to be very low on the food chain. Then again, Farfetch'd were hunted to extinction by humans, just like the Slowpoke are hunted for their Slowpoketails. I actually think things like Muk and Koffing aren't even in the list because they're probably thought of as toxic and inedible to most things in the Pokemon world. I feel like birds and fish like Gyarados as well as big mon like bears are at the top.

Years
  • I really don't think that the Pokemon food chain is all that different from our own, with the larger carnivorous/omnivorous Pokemon eating the smaller ones- Ursaring/Beartic eating fish Pokemon, bird Pokemon eating Bug-types, etc. I'm sure there are a few types of Pokemon that aren't in much danger of being eaten (Poison, Rock, Ghost, Steel...), so they might have an advantage when it comes to the Pokemon food chain.

If I were to want to try eating a Pokemon, it would preferably be one that has a similar counterpart in our own world (Miltank/Tauros instead of beef, Emboar/Grumpig instead of pork, etc.). Other than them, and some of the edibles that Pokemon produce like Chansey/Blissey eggs and Tropius' neck fruit, I might want to try a Maractus. I know many types of cacti are edible, and since Maractus is a Grass type, that might carry over as well.

And while Pokemon like Muk and Garbodor may be unappetizing, I think they'd at least be semi-edible. I think the most unappealing Pokemon to try and eat would be Probopass. Not only would I not want to see one anywhere near my dinner table, but also being a Rock/Steel type, I expect it'd be completely inedible.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2013
    I bet a rack of Miltank Ribs slathered in barbecue sauce would taste downright delicious.

I call dibs on the fried udder!

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Well, for those Pokemon that appear inedible, there probably IS a way to eat them. The Japanese are finding ways to eat certain jellyfish that nobody likes, so there MUST be a way for other Pokemon.

A steel-type, for example, might actually have some stringy or refined meat under its hard exterior. If a Charizard were able to blast a Steelix to the extent that all the metal is melted clean off, then a delicacy might be found underneath. The same could go for rock-types -- even though they are, well, rock, they are Pokemon, and thus still considered organic. If you broke one open with a very fearsome move, I would venture to guess that the main build that holds all that Geodude together would come to pass.

I will admit that Grimer and Muk would kind of be. . . Out there, but humans have found ways to eliminate the poison from foods. Cashews, for example, are highly poisonous nuts. Humans have perfected a way to cleanse them enough for a delicacy. Who knows, Muk might have a really delicious piece of meat under all that slime.

That said, would it be considered meat if you ate a grass-type Pokemon? Would you be vegetarian if you ate Pokemon that were plants? Let's not forget that plants are as much of living things as animals, so let's butt that argument out, please.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • The good thing is that Pokemon Y has given us another food Pokemon! Swirlix is the cotton candy Pokemon, so I might have a go at tasting one of those.

Miltank, Stantler, Emboar and Ampharos are interesting choices for different types of meat, with accompaniments of Shroomish and Petilil for vegetables. Vanilluxe ice cream with Cherubis will be for my dessert. It's certainly better for health than eating a Klink, which gets lodged down your throat if you mistake that for food.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I guess Pokemon like Metagross must love the fact that they're artificial, and Hydreigon must be glad it's a big scary dragon in that case...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would give Magikarp a try. I'd fry them, because I love fried fish. I would try Milktank as well. Grass-fed cows rarely get sick, and their meat are healthy and very delicious. I'd also eat Torchic and Combuskin, because, well... they're chicken!

One Pokémon I wouldn't eat is Ditto. They are too much gooey, and I could imagine that they'd be very hard to cook. They would constantly get out of the cooking pot. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I... uh... it'd be very difficult to talk about how a fictional creature tastes like. It's like saying, "how does unicorn taste"? Impossible to answer.

Pokemount

Hello
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Magikarp, Basculin, some fried Whiscash, bacon from Pignite family, Spoink family maybe. Steak from a Miltank and its milk.

I've also wondered where they get the meat from on the anime... it must come from some kind of pokemon.

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
    Years
  • While I find it somewhat disturbing (I mean, imagine all the poor little Togepi that get eaten!), I just can't help but to think that shiny Mareep's fleece would taste like cotton candy. I mean, just imagine if some of the Pokemon were made of non-typically-organic substances.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I think Torchic's evo-line would probably taste like Southern-Fried Chicken cause it's a part Fire type.

Wouldn't you love some scrambled Exeggcute? Or you know.... you can't make an Omelette without breaking a few Exeggcutes :P

Personally I'd love to taste a Torchic - I'm a huge Chicken lover... But the thought of cooking and eating Pokemon is a little bit strange...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • The first Pokemon that came to mind when I saw the word 'delicious' was Vanilite and family. Ice creams are delicious!! Oh, and also, the new Pokemon Swirlix looks kinda delicious too. :3.....but seriously, the thought of eating a Pokemon really doesn't seem right in my eyes although they really are like real animals in our world that we eat such as chicken (Torchic & family) and cows (Miltank) and fish (Magikarp, Feebas, etc.).

Oh, and to answer the questions,

A possible food chain would be:
    Seedot -> Tailow -> Purloin -> Arbok -> Braviary.

I would want to try the Pokemon listed above: some Pidgey or Starly, Magikarp or Basculin, or Miltank meat. And Exeggcute too. I love eggs. (The mere thought of eating Pokemon still makes me feel a little disgusted though ugh.)

Pokemon that would taste horrible? Garbodor, Muk, Weezing (imagine biting into a huge balloon of poisonous gas). Just anything that looks or smells horrible will be guaranteed to almost 100% taste equally as horrible.

Back