• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delights with the Fifth-Generation thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
Years
  • I agree about the protagonists being awesome. Another article mentioned how 'frail' the females all look in this new game, but that seems to be getting reformed.

The graphics are gorgeous. I think the 3D will be awesome.

The starters. 'Nuff said.

And like most everyone else said, the battles. Animated sprites with more realistic motions?! I want to see my Bayleef whip out a knife and stab someone every time I use 'Cut'! :D Not really, but seriously, seeing some of these moves become more real would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i found a video on youtube, of the player walkin threw huinn, and im impressed at how lively it looks, my hopes are gettin VERY high lol

Kipher

The author riding the raptor.
    Years
  • I mean I lost appeal in the games in the 3rd gen. Not enough depth as a story for me, just the genaric wussy Bad guys taking over an uber being beaten by a kid who then defeats cross dressing adults.

I mean story is just one of those things that'll turn me on or off. that's why I look upon Mystery Dungeon with more appeal.

Years
  • Pretty much everything so far. It all looks great. I especially like how the Pokémon constantly move in battle. That's the sort of feature I would've jumped around in happiness about when I was ten. XD

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I haven't really seen enough to be able to feel disappointment, but I am happy with what I've heard they've added thus far.

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
  • I can't believe I forgot about the moving of the Pokémon, admittedly I was somewhat indifferent about it to begin with but now I'm just loving it

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Everything so far. :D

Zoroark, the game names, the protagonists, the starter Pokemon (I'm picking Pokabu, but Mijumaru will dominate the haters! Tsutaaja will rock as well!), the expansiveness of the cities, train tracks in a forest, construction site... :D With momentum like this I am confident that Generation V will succeed! (I'm going to look at the battle screen only when I actually get the game. From what I've heard, it sounds awesome. I hope the HP bar is thick and not skinny...a minor gripe I had with RSE)

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • The things think is on the up side is the great grafics and the sweet starter pokemon.And would everybody stop being so crule to the water pokemon!I bet if they saw it saw that it turned into a ultra cool pokemon they wouldn't say that!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I keep a little pokefan, 12 years old ...

Pokemon.. 4 EVAH

Are da pokemons going to be so good in this new generation? FIRE FIRE FIRE *_*(

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm glad to finally see a thread about the positive aspects of the game. I know there's a few things I'm worried about and things that I don't like-I know I just need to develop a taste for those things, adjusting to a new Pokemon region and new generation of Pokemon is always a bit difficult at first for someone who's loved it from the very start. It's just the fear of change-change for the worse that causes me anxiety, because sometimes as more things come out in a franchise, it get worse. But with Pokemon I've never been disappointed in the past, so I shouldn't worry too much. I've always worried before a new game came out, but then I end up loving every bit of the game!

We really shouldn't be so negative about the game. It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed.

I'm really looking forward to the animated battling! And the grass and water starters are cute ^.^ I'm also -both excitedly and nervously-looking forward to seeing more new Pokemon!

Years
  • What do you actually like about these changes?

I made this thread because of how many complaints there are about Gen 5.

Listen. Y'all are tearing apart this thing because of how different it looks from what we know.

I'm not saying don't criticize it, no, I'm just saying don't judge a book by it's cover. You haven't even played it yet, and still you're still judging it.

How about you actually take time to really look at it(meaning wait until it's out, and then judge all you want.)

But that's not why I'm a bit angry. Nope. It's cause you're all being picky.

I want to notice something about all those threads. All those people who criticized took one thing they didn't like, and made it into something bad.

I'm really not saying not to have an opinion, but don't be picky. Actually take some time to really look at it, and then type about it. That's it. Actually have some constructive criticism, okay?

That's the angry part of the thread. Now for the other part:

What do you actually like about Gen 5? Me, almost everything. Just one problem, I think it's a bit blocky, but hey, it's 3D, what's to complain?

(Now to save for a 3DS...)

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It's blocky because it is in early alpha stage lol and I really like everything but some Pokemon look off and the region is crazy weird and people not believing it is NY when it is the most related area that it looks like so just go with it until they say otherwise.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Almost everything...just some very minor things which should change but i'll probably ignore 'em..so yeah.. i love it

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • It's blocky because it is in early alpha stage lol and I really like everything but some Pokemon look off and the region is crazy weird and people not believing it is NY when it is the most related area that it looks like so just go with it until they say otherwise.

It's only a few months until it's Japanese release, so it wouldn't be an Alpha stage. It would most likely be early-middle Beta stage. I'd also say the area seems to be more like Hong Kong than New York (just based on the mountainous terrain makes me think that though).

As for what I like about it, the region looks fantastic, the two trainer choices look normal to the area they're in (well the female trainer has some odd hair, but that's not too bad, compared to in Diamond and Pearl where both characters are in clothes that are not suited for a cold environment; and Platinum didn't change that really). The initial starters give me that pokemon feel the way the originals did (the ones released just recently seem overdrawn, but I'm not going to pass a final judgment on some small images that are not entirely clear)

Yeah... That's about all I can say right now, since there's still a lot about the game that I don't know. But I am definitely excited for it.

Also, I just have to say, this place is a welcome change from Gamefaqs (where every post about something new has someone mentioning the Airport).

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • ^ Welcome to Palantides!

I'm loving the changes. As I said in the Oha Suta thread, Pokémon has felt the same ol' same ol' for a bit long now. I love Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, but they've all had the same feel to them, with the same story-lines (more or less). Black and White look like they're going to be totally different, and that's a good thing - sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but to me it's more a case of rebooting a franchise that is in danger of going stale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back