• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delivery God's Shrine

Years
  • Delivery God's Shrine
    Oh, welcome to my shrine! Have you come to ask me a question or two? I charge five yen per question; if you don't pay, you don't get any answers. (A god's got to make a living somehow!) Besides, five yen is pretty cheap!

...Wait, I'm not allowed to charge people for my services? ...Fine, I won't charge a single yen. (I thought it was a good idea, too....)
    Hello, everyone, and welcome to my AMA! I'm Yato, though many also know me as Haru, Lucia, or Ros! You may call me by whichever name you like, or you may come up with another nickname for me~ (I have a bunch and am always open to having more, haha.)

I'm a 20-year-old living on the east coast of the US. I joined PC back in 2008 because I wanted to play Shiny Gold; after getting it, I decided I wanted to stick around the forums. I ended up staying for a good three years, then disappeared for two; I returned with a sparkly new account (this one!) in May because I wanted to take part in the various discussion threads in the Pokemon sections and chat with some old friends and acquaintances again.

At this time, I am a junior in college. I started out wanting to major in Forensic Biology and minor in Music, but after a few semesters, I realized I was more interested in English and Psychology, so I'm now majoring in English (Writing, to be specific) and minoring in Psychology! My dream job is to write or edit scripts for video games, television shows, or movies, though I'd also be content writing short stories.

I love Roleplaying and am open to trying out different kinds. I also enjoy making graphics--namely icons, avatars, and banners--and will sometimes allow anyone to use them. (On a related note, I like experimenting with CSS in threads and my signature in order to make pretty/nice results.) Artsy hobbies aside, I enjoy competitive battling, albeit I'm an amateur at it. Oh, and I love playing video games and anime and manga, of course!

Speaking of animanga and video games, there are a lot of series I enjoy watching/reading/playing, so I won't list any in particular. My preferred animanga genres are fantasy, shounen, and shoujo and my preferred video game genres are JRPGs, puzzles, and tactics games. I'm open to just about any genre for either; the only genre I'm not too fond of is sports. (That being said, I have found some sports animanga and video games enjoyable.) I don't watch a lot of western cartoons or live action television shows, but I love supernatural shows, crime dramas, supernatural crime dramas, and game shows!

Pokemon-wise, I've been a fan since I was five; I started with the anime but didn't really get into it until I got Yellow for Christmas. I'm not into the anime as much as I used to, but I still love the video games (both main series and spinoffs) and am a fan of Pokemon Special/Adventures. Like many people, I'm really looking forward to ORAS's release!
    I'll answer just about anything, so ask away \o/

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Seeing as how you like making graphics, have you ever opened/thought of opening a shop in the A&D section?

I'm also curious - how do you feel about Jibril, a.k.a. the Flugel in your forumset? :p I'd like to hear your opinions on her.

Years
  • Seeing as how you like making graphics, have you ever opened/thought of opening a shop in the A&D section?

I don't have one at the moment (nor have I ever made one before), but I am considering it at the moment! That being said, I might wait until I'm more confident in my graphics or make more stuff more frequently, or I'll start out with a gallery and see where I go from there!

I'm also curious - how do you feel about Jibril, a.k.a. the Flugel in your forumset? :p I'd like to hear your opinions on her.

ngl, when Jibril was first mentioned I was expecting some pompous and intelligent chick (since, y'know, she won a library). She turned out to not be so arrogant as I imagined, but instead [very] curious and intelligent. Also can't forget how badass she is! I ended up loving her personality, quirks and all~ Jibril's Shiritori match with Sora & Shiro is also one of my favorites of all the games played in the series. Both she and the siblings made it really enjoyable to watch. Lastly, I really love her design; she's really pretty ;-;

Are you a fan of CSI? If so, which series?

I've seen a couple eps. (forgot which series), but I haven't seen enough to tell you if I'm a fan or not. However, I did like the ones I did watched, so if I end up being able to watch more at some point chances are I will like it XD

Years
  • Hm...

Other than Shiny Gold, are there any cool/crazy challenging Pokémon hacks you've gotten to play?

How do you feel about having your birthday so close to the end of the year?

What do you think you'd want to do with an English major?

Uh, yeah.

Years
  • Other than Shiny Gold, are there any cool/crazy challenging Pokémon hacks you've gotten to play?

There are a lot! When I was younger I downloaded a bunch of hacks on here; I don't think I could remember them all, haha. As for the most notable ones I do remember:

-Pokemon Ash Gray (I like that it follows the anime; I remember when I was younger I wished Yellow followed the anime more than it did, so AG's sort of nostalgic for me)
    -Pokemon Prism (probably my favorite hack; I was so sad when I got to the end of the demo)
    -Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers (had trouble with this one, haha)
    -Pokemon Glazed (mmmm donuts; also the most challenging one I've played)

How do you feel about having your birthday so close to the end of the year?

I love it! When I was younger I received quite a few presents on my birthday, then received even more on Christmas! The only thing I didn't like about it when younger was it was also around the time people got sick; during one of my birthday parties, only two of the six or so people I invited showed up. It discouraged me from having any parties (except with my family) after that ;; Nowadays, it occurs after I get off college for break, which I'm really glad about.

If anything, I wish it'd snow on my birthday, even if it's just one time out of my whole lifetime. I've seen snow in November before, so it's always possible!

What do you think you'd want to do with an English major?

Right now, I'm really interested in becoming a scriptwriter or script editor for video games, movies, or television shows. My ideal career would be to work at a company I really like, particularly Nintendo. I'll even try and relearn Japanese if necessary. I'm also sort of interested in writing short stories and getting them published in magazines or book collections as well. If I did that, I might eventually start writing novels, but I'll have to see.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Who would you say is your favorite character besides Yato in Noragami if you had to choose one?

What would you say is your most anticipated anime that you want to watch next? What are you currently watching?

What would you say is an anime that you think everyone should watch at some point?

Years
  • Who would you say is your favorite character besides Yato in Noragami if you had to choose one?

This is tough because I like most the characters, but I'm gonna have to go with Kofuku. Love her personality and status as a misfortune god; she's a pretty awesome character overall!

What would you say is your most anticipated anime that you want to watch next? What are you currently watching?

Ever since seeing the Fall 2014 list, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Fate/stay night adaptation and Nanatsu no Taizai! I guess you could also count Shinsekai Yori; I started it early 2013 and nearly got through it, then got busy with school and haven't had the time to pick it back up since. Plan on starting it from the beginning when I do have time as it's well worth it~

I'm currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, Sailor Moon Crystal, and trying to keep up with Fairy Tail!

What would you say is an anime that you think everyone should watch at some point?

Mars of Destruction Natsume Yuujinchou. The story is executed wonderfully, each episode is interesting (and some are tearjerkers), all of the characters--minor ones included--are fantastic, and the music and art have a somewhat relaxing feel to them, in my opinion.

Back