• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Democrats move forward towards impeaching Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Some would call that clever, because when he does inevitably claim victory with a grandiose speech on how he "vanquished the corrupt Deep State" and was "exonerated completely" and all that nonsense, it's much better to limit it to a Tweet storm than let him use the most important annual event in Washington D.C. to do so. Wouldn't you think?

Instead he can use it to point out that pelosi case is so weak that she won't even let the Senate have the articles of impeachment.

Years
  • Instead he can use it to point out that pelosi case is so weak that she won't even let the Senate have the articles of impeachment.

There is an open attempt at quid pro quo in the Transcripts, Trump has openly admitted to the transcripts being accurate. That is a crime and there is indisputable evidence of it. This is, of course, ignoring all the shit with Russia that people keep pretending Trump had nothing to do with. I have no idea what Pelosi's doing, seems stupid to me, but her case against Trump is iron. The result will be the same as if it wasn't, given that the Senate is controlled by the Republicans who will under no circumstances vote to remove Trump, but the Republican party being more interested in partisanship than doing the right thing is not exactly new.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Maybe Pelosi is simply keeping her ultimate strategy hidden so Trump and McConnell won't see it coming.

Who was the guy who in 2016 stressed the importance of "the element of surprise"?

Years
  • Maybe Pelosi is simply keeping her ultimate strategy hidden so Trump and McConnell won't see it coming.

Who was the guy who in 2016 stressed the importance of "the element of surprise"?

Not going to lie, as much as I'd love to believe this, I don't.

Years
  • There is an open attempt at quid pro quo in the Transcripts, Trump has openly admitted to the transcripts being accurate. That is a crime and there is indisputable evidence of it. This is, of course, ignoring all the shit with Russia that people keep pretending Trump had nothing to do with. I have no idea what Pelosi's doing, seems stupid to me, but her case against Trump is iron. The result will be the same as if it wasn't, given that the Senate is controlled by the Republicans who will under no circumstances vote to remove Trump, but the Republican party being more interested in partisanship than doing the right thing is not exactly new.

The transcripts are not so clear cut and concise of their being a quid pro quo, no where does he link the Biden investigation to the money, it is only inferred, which is why there has been no witness that has said that they heard Trump say quid pro quo or something similar.

As for Russia, I really wish the left would give up on that conspiracy theory. The Mueller report should have driven a stake through it once and for all.

Years
  • The transcripts are not so clear cut and concise of their being a quid pro quo, no where does he link the Biden investigation to the money, it is only inferred, which is why there has been no witness that has said that they heard Trump say quid pro quo or something similar.

"I'd like you to do me a favour though..."
    Nope, no attempt at quid pro quo there. None at all. Frankly though, even if Trump wasn't offering a trade, asking for Ukraine to undermine a political opponent still goes against democracy and is probably impeachable in and of itself.

As for Russia, I really wish the left would give up on that conspiracy theory. The Mueller report should have driven a stake through it once and for all.

The Mueller report, regardless of what Trump and the Republicans like to claim, very openly stated that it did not exonerate Trump of any crimes. It said that it did not find evidence of Trump being a foreign agent and stated that collusion was not classified of a crime. It also made a note of pointing out numerous links between Trump's campaign and the Russian government and charged several of those links with obstruction - which Trump could not be charged with as he's a sitting president. There would have been no need to obstruct if there was no links with Russia to hide. There was a lot more than nothing in that report and people on the right are way too happy to breeze over the more incriminating aspects and very much like to claim an exoneration that is not there.

Even if we choose to pretend that the stuff with Russia is nothing though, the open attempt at a quid pro quo with Ukraine is plenty incriminating alone and is well and truly grounds for impeachment by itself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Lindsey Graham has completely lost his mind:

https://in-other-news.us/2019/12/22...warrants-comey-mccabe-yates-rosenstein-video/

So much for any hope of a "quick acquittal".

On another note, Trump, if you recall, warned that "the Stock Market would crash" if he were impeached. It did not. In face, since the vote was taken, it's been up 7%.

That's about the FISA warrants that the court ruled would have been declined if the FBI hadn't lied. Not the impeachment process.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I was real upset with how democrats were handling impeachment until Pelosi held up sending to the Senate. Now if they request the Supreme Court expedite decisions relating to Trump like Special Prosecutor Jaworski did against Nixon, I'll be REALLY psyched.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Listening to Senator McConnell talk. Sounds like he may be for ending the impeachment process.

Years
  • A little update, Sen. Josh Hawley is introducing a resolution that changes Senate rules, if Pelosi does not send over the impeachment articles in 25 days, after passing impeachment ( January 13th ), the Senate will dismiss the articles "with prejudice for failure by the House of Representatives to prosecute such articles".

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...n-to-change-rules-dismiss-impeachment-without

At least a dozen GOP Senators have signed on to this resolution, I wouldn't be surprised if it passes and forces Pelosi's hand.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Personally I'd rather that the House just hand it over to the Senate so we can get this over with already

Years
  • Truthfully, I'd be very surprised if it does:

https://www.axios.com/bolton-romney...ial-f7867185-0d6c-4764-9f92-73c12c4e7bd9.html

Btw, who is Josh Hawley? Never heard of him myself.

Junior Senator from Missouri, he defeated Democratic Senator Clair McCaskill in 2018 to take the seat.

Also a bit of breaking news, Senator Mitch McConnell has the votes to impose the rules from the Clinton trial, and seems to be moving forward with that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...eachment-trial-rules-without-democrats-095537

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Pelosi still won't send the impeachment over to the Senate. The Senate just needs to vote it dead and close it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back