• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Congrats! I guess, Samsung *bleh* lol.

Speaking of Tablets, I went to use my Nexus 7 '13 last night, and the little plastic siding next to the glass was chipped at a corner, like a whole corner was missing. Made a mistake of letting my brothers ever use it, since they already scratched the back close to when I first got it. I'll try to see if I can fix it, but ugh.
    (We do have cases, but they don't keep them on. And they suck since their 'generic 7" tablet' cases.)

In other news, I guess iOS 8 is nearing half of devices, big shocker there. I feel sorry for Apple users, as soon as their not supported by the latest update, no more new stuff for them, app support drops, no new features. Android you get app support, new features, ect on ICS or even Froyo.

countryemo

Years
  • Congrats! I guess, Samsung *bleh* lol.

Speaking of Tablets, I went to use my Nexus 7 '13 last night, and the little plastic siding next to the glass was chipped at a corner, like a whole corner was missing. Made a mistake of letting my brothers ever use it, since they already scratched the back close to when I first got it. I'll try to see if I can fix it, but ugh.
    (We do have cases, but they don't keep them on. And they suck since their 'generic 7" tablet' cases.)

In other news, I guess iOS 8 is nearing half of devices, big shocker there. I feel sorry for Apple users, as soon as their not supported by the latest update, no more new stuff for them, app support drops, no new features. Android you get app support, new features, ect on ICS or even gingerbread through Google Play Services, and Devs usually feel obliged to support lower if they can.

Years
  • man i've been dead

I recently killed my phone by accident and reviving it from the dead was the most annoying thing I have ever done in my entire life. orz

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Congrats! I guess, Samsung *bleh* lol.

In other news, I guess iOS 8 is nearing half of devices, big shocker there. I feel sorry for Apple users, as soon as their not supported by the latest update, no more new stuff for them, app support drops, no new features. Android you get app support, new features, ect on ICS or even Froyo.

Brothers :P They seem to be very capable of ruining things, even if a little bit. (You should be able to find a model-specific case for anything remotely popular, by the way.)

man i've been dead

I recently killed my phone by accident and reviving it from the dead was the most annoying thing I have ever done in my entire life. orz

How? Why?

countryemo

Years
  • Brothers :P They seem to be very capable of ruining things, even if a little bit. (You should be able to find a model-specific case for anything remotely popular, by the way.)

We we do have one, in fact its the most reccomended one it was a poetic or something like that. I didn't really like the materials but we kept it on, but they took it off, now its somewhere.

Thinking of picking one of these up:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E6MA4LS/ref=twister_B00E6MA1TS
    Because it covers the lip, where its chipped, but dosen't cover too much of the tablet like the other cases to. Now thinking either Android Green, or Smoke..

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It feels very weird to see a phone displaying a page designed for desktop PCs with every single letter perfectly readable.

(I received my 930 today. Oh dear...I am now not sure if I ever want to go back to my old phone now.)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I didn't think I would adjust so quickly, but Windows 8.1 is actually really useful. We got the upgrade last month in work from XP and it's really functional. I've currently got Windows 7 on my home desktop and I'm now seriously considering updating.

countryemo

Years
  • I didn't think I would adjust so quickly, but Windows 8.1 is actually really useful. We got the upgrade last month in work from XP and it's really functional. I've currently got Windows 7 on my home desktop and I'm now seriously considering updating.

"B-b-b-but the Start Menu!" - General Population. I'm scared for Windows 9 kinda, its bringing some cool stuff, but hope they don't do too much back tracking.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "B-b-b-but the Start Menu!" - General Population. I'm scared for Windows 9 kinda, its bringing some cool stuff, but hope they don't do too much back tracking.

That is one of the downfalls for me, the lack of the Start Menu is seriously something I'd consider before upgrading. I've been using it in work and I've adjusted to it so much so quickly, and the functions it comes with are pretty nifty. As for Windows 9, that's something that I probably won't be dealing with for a long time. ;;

Years
  • A lot of people seem to misunderstand the Start Menu in Windows 8.1. If you look at the bottom, there's a little arrow down there. The arrow takes you to all of the programs with shortcuts on your machine, except it's organized in categories instead of folders.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Anyone read about Shellshock?
    It affects UNIX operating systems (Mac OS X, Linux, BSD, etc.)
    Bash is supposed get updated soon iirc with a fix...

You can check if it affects you
    It affects me at the moment

Though, it doesn't directly affect Cyanogenmod because they don't use bash by default...

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    So, stupid question. If you buy a phone with 1.3/1.5 ghz of power and 2 gigs of ram, would you be more then well off? Cause I'm looking into cheap phones to buy(Z3C is still a far off dream), and I know that ram is more important in android and everything, but the 1.3GHZ is still throwing me off.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • So, stupid question. If you buy a phone with 1.3/1.5 ghz of power and 2 gigs of ram, would you be more then well off? Cause I'm looking into cheap phones to buy(Z3C is still a far off dream), and I know that ram is more important in android and everything, but the 1.3GHZ is still throwing me off.

On newer Android versions (like 4.4), they're so light that 1.3 dual core should be just fine imo
    You're right, RAM > Clock speed right now on Android

Years
  • Well, I managed to get my Samsung tablet rooted, but I can't seem to find any version of CyanogenMod that would work with it. Apparently it's a "degaswifi" tablet, which is why it wouldn't load any of the ROMs I tried on it.

Hopefully a ROM is in the works, though.

Oh, I guess I could have mentioned that installing TWRP onto the tablet worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Do you like using your Samsung tablet? Personally speaking, I don't really like Samsung devices.

Years
  • How? Why?

My phone was stuck in a boot loop for some reason and I went into my recovery to try and fix it. Too bad for me that it was like "LOLNOPE"

So I has to wipe the entire thing, but I wiped literally EVERY partition, including the OS. I had to use CMD to fix it. Wasn't the most fun but I did learn from the experience.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    On newer Android versions (like 4.4), they're so light that 1.3 dual core should be just fine imo
    You're right, RAM > Clock speed right now on Android
    Its quad, not dual, so then it would be more then enough, thanks for the confirmation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back