• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Did you know that you can get Office 365 for free if you are a college/university student? I got mine activated just now. All you need is a valid .edu address. All I can say is smooth move, Microsoft. Thanks for making me save $100 for office.

Years
  • Did you know that you can get Office 365 for free if you are a college/university student? I got mine activated just now. All you need is a valid .edu address. All I can say is smooth move, Microsoft. Thanks for making me save $100 for office.
    So is that something new across all institutions? I honestly thought it was just my college because they began offering Office 365 free to current students of my college as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah. I got one for my current uni and for my future uni. xD

At first there was a problem with validation, so it had to be delayed a bit, but I finally got it to work just this morning just by entering my school credentials. Now I can get rid of OpenOffice, even though I do like it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Can't beat Office itself when it comes to productivity software, in my opinion. Sure, it might have so many features that you're unlikely to use them all, but that ain't "bloat" - not when everyone has a different set of features that they use frequently. Something that implements a subset of these features feels less like "lean" and more like "incomplete".

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm already getting used to the usual Office that I know of, to the point that switching to other office suites feel a bit unbearable or somewhat incomplete. I guess familiarity is the most important key after all.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    At least they got usability down pat for the average user trying to get things done.

Years
  • Hmm, I'm using an iMac right now in my college's computer lab, and let's just say.. it's an interesting experience to say the least :P

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hmm, I'm using an iMac right now in my college's computer lab, and let's just say.. it's an interesting experience to say the least :P

Yeah, I feel you. This reminds me when I tried my church's iMac on the first time as well. Given that I'm usually getting used to Windows, this makes me sometimes think if Windows could have all of these features, ahaha. Like a more advanced iMovie and GarageBand, for instance.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Good thing Windows is Windows, then! It's practically nigh impossible to find nothing that can do what you want to do, and do it well, too.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • My friend tried to use an iMac at his school.
    All iMacs in the school dual-booted with Windows 7
    He tried to load the OS X, but it crashed
    Windows 7 worked fine...

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I'm using a iMac right now, it's been my computer of choice for about six years, and this year (the sixth year) is the first and only year I've started having problems with it. I got a virus, rebooted my iMac and everything is running smooth again.

I would, however, like to try and upgrade the graphics card and the amount of RAM I've got currently. It could all do with a bit of improvement.

Years
  • I would, however, like to try and upgrade the graphics card and the amount of RAM I've got currently. It could all do with a bit of improvement.
    Call me Mac-illiterate, but is it even possible to upgrade the hardware in an iMac? I know for sure that Apple doesn't allow support of upgrading hardware in the newer Macbooks, but is the iMac different?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Seeing as your Mac is quite old at this point of time, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a better idea to just get a new PC. (By the way, Macs are PCs in my opinion, so feel free to get a new Mac if you'd like.)

Years
  • I'll never understand why people classify Macs as Macs and Windows machines as PCs. They're all PCs, hence "personal computer." :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'll never understand why people classify Macs as Macs and Windows machines as PCs. They're all PCs, hence "personal computer." :P

True. Licensing aside, they run the same software when you think about it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back