• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Thank you for clearing up where the location to that was, spenceroone3. Also, what kind of hacking tool are you making? I am very interested in knowing! By the way, good job everyone for making these finds! It's looking good already!

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
    Hmm, My next door neighbour said his friend has a English D/P mapping tool.
    But somehow I don't believe him. I sent a PM today but he hasn't answered yet...

The hacking tool was supposed to change trainer pokemon... But all it did was turned the trainer's sprite to the pokemon they were going to send out first XD! But it sure was funny :)

Years
    thanks for the link. it also said something about "dsmap" i think, i tried searching for that and what i got was definently not a pokemon hacking tool <.<

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Where? I do not recall ever seeing that before... The only map creating utility ever spoken of that I remember was on pokefilb. But you never know... right?

Years
    ' PokeTEX ' はその場所に取り組む唯一のものである(知る限りでは) 。
    ' DS 地図' は唯一の地図の編集者である。行きなさい[ pokecenter.tools.jp/dsmap ]

My penpal sent me this e-mail recently. Babelfish doesn't translate this one very good!

pokecenter.tools.jp/dsmap, the link didn't work for me, but it sounds like a mapping program

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well that doesn't even seem to be a website... That's very strange, but if it's called DS map, maybe it is really just a decompressing tool for DS games. Still, that would be nice as well.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
    I searched for DS map, and I didn't get anything useful... But I'm still graphic editing, And I actually edited the female hero's overworld! I couldn't post a pic, but i will soon :P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Yes, Using PokeTex is great. It really does give us a feeling of change in the game, right? It's such a big change and it's very obvious so, that makes me feel better. As for the whole DPmap thing, my friends and I are currently doing an investigation on it.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well do they have an Emulator with a memory viewer on it that works on D/P, because if so I can hack it(I think). I have some ASM hacking skill so I think if it had a debugger I might be able to do some hacking on it.

Years
    I'd try searching for DS 地図, i did and i got to many results to look through. if we knew the kana/kanji for "pokemon rom hacking", it might be easier.

~Kazaam~: i think the only D/P emulator is no$gba, and i don't think it has a memory viewer.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    No, no$gba does not have a memory viewer, sadly. Although there is another emulator, iDeaS. I really haven't looked at it in a while, so I can't quite recall if it has a memory viewer. I've heard many prospherous things about ASM hacking on Diamond and Pearl. A couple of pages back we were discussing it, but sadly it is a little hard for most (including myself) to grasp without some sort of programming knowledge.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I remember discussing this earlier, though I can't seem to find it. Weird, I remember vividly explaining how to use PokeTex... Anyway, It's not too hard, just play around with it for a while. If I can't find where I orginally posted it I will explain it again I suppose...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    11235 released a file that let's you edit the sprites on an English rom. It's in this discussion so just use the search function.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, it's actually kinda easy, you just have to know the actions of the bytes ABCDEFHLSPPC and what controls do what to them. for example

[LD A, B]-would store the byte B in the byte A.

So yeah, I will try to find a memory viewer and see if I can do anything with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back