• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    Okay, first off, I'd like to say, that I think the map is built in a way, that each z-coordinate has a different 2 dimensional map. So, it's not really that much of 3-d in those terms. I noticed this, because in places where there seemed to be a map pattern, there were a lot of zeros, which most likely means blankness. If you've ever used the walk through walls code, you'd notice that it's not completely 3-d it just puts you at whatever z-value it thinks you should be at. I think that the whole 3-d affect could very well be coded in. (And not a true 3-d effect.)
    No. Just no. The maps ARE REAL 3D Models in BMD format. There is no way around that fact on the bright side there has been some progress in this area. You're right about the collision detection though that data seems to be stored in some odd let's call it semi classical way.

Second of all, are you guys sure the table that is from that text rip is incorrect? I'll post it here in a spoiler so you guys can check and see if you find any text in the rom using it. (also i didn't know what the guy was talking about when he said the 'r4 rom decompresser.')
    [/spoiler]
    Text is DONE. It's known where it's stored how it's encrypted and the table is known.
    Move check out PokeText maybe write a better tool and move on.

Raimu Bito

Raimu Bito -- Facing erasure
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    ... My question stands ...
    how do I import .BMP into PokeTEX

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    if want ds emulators try no$gba 2.6 cause it rely works on d/p.... does map editor of d/p is still not yet finish? i red it from first of this threads ( wooo i red it for one hour) is there any poketex in english ????

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
    "Translated" PokeTEX

Hey, I got bored and wanted to be able to use PokeTEX while knowing what the buttons actually do. I clicked buttons and found what each did, although it took me awhile to find the save button. The save button is labeled as "Save ROM" and you must load a NDS file and click "Extend" to be able to see the button. Hope this helps some. The ZIP file includes my "translated" version of PokeTEX and the US "list.txt" file. Credit to whoever it was that made that file, sorry I can't remember your name.

P.S.
    If anyone knows what the buttons that I labeled as Unk.1 and Unk.2 do, please tell me so I can relabel them to something a bit more useful.

Edit:
    I made it so when you open up a NDS file, it only shows files with the .nds extension now. Thought it might be more convenient.

-gamefreakfatty

Last edited:

gamefreakfatty

Years
    Gabe_K and I have done some stuff with Diamond and Pearl. First he figured out how to change all level 5 Pokemon to level 8. I think it had something to do with the EXP tables.

A day or two later I figured out how to change which starter Pokemon you get, or at least the one that you battle the very first level 2 Starly with. I haven't tested anything past the battle though.

A day and a half after that I found the EXP table for Turtwig. It also changes all the Pokemon levels which use the same EXP table. I changed the EXP required for level 5 to be the same as everything else up to level 17.

Then I changed made it so it required 1 more EXP point to get to level 18 through level 31.

Then 16 more than that is level 32 through level 100. You get 16 from the first Starly (level 2) which means this would be 17 more than you started with.

Anyways, for those of you who might want to see what I mean by what happened, here is a YouTube search for our username to see our current progress:
    youtube.com/results?search_query=PokeSpamIndustries

Copy and paste into your address bar.

P.S.
    Sorry for double posting, but I really wanted to bump the post to show our progress. =)

-gamefreakfatty

Years
    I've been doing some testing with Gabe's ROM as well, and found some interesting "could be" glitches. I'm not very experienced in ROM hacking and emulation to begin with, but it's quite interesting, and I'm glad to help test, etc.

If anyone could teach me teach me a bit about HEX other then "spam it" to get results, I'd be grateful, by the way! :P

Years
    Gabe_K and I have done some stuff with Diamond and Pearl. First he figured out how to change all level 5 Pokemon to level 8. I think it had something to do with the EXP tables.

A day or two later I figured out how to change which starter Pokemon you get, or at least the one that you battle the very first level 2 Starly with. I haven't tested anything past the battle though.

A day and a half after that I found the EXP table for Turtwig. It also changes all the Pokemon levels which use the same EXP table. I changed the EXP required for level 5 to be the same as everything else up to level 17.

Then I changed made it so it required 1 more EXP point to get to level 18 through level 31.

Then 16 more than that is level 32 through level 100. You get 16 from the first Starly (level 2) which means this would be 17 more than you started with.

Anyways, for those of you who might want to see what I mean by what happened, here is a YouTube search for our username to see our current progress:
    youtube.com/results?search_query=PokeSpamIndustries

Copy and paste into your address bar.

P.S.
    Sorry for double posting, but I really wanted to bump the post to show our progress. =)

-gamefreakfatty

You do keep the pokemon you battle the starly with as your starter. Virtual Chatot is actualy busy stuffing sasuke plusies in his pan- I mean, "Developing a starter hacking program"... right...

Years
    Not sure I want to know the backstory on that one.

Finally got no$gba working with ROMs, but a bit of advice- don't edit the HEX on the top! It will effect the header in such a way no$gba won't accept it. Also, so far, I've found no benefit to doing so anyway.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You really don't :P

I guess I should report my progress with the DP Starter Program I'm working on.

What's currently done:
    Tell the difference between Diamond and Pearl
    Only reads Diamond and Pearl
    Graphics ( Logo, Buttons, ect. )
    Reads Offsets

The next step in the process is figuring out what specific offset changed the starters, other than just hex spamming.

gamefreakfatty

Years
    The next step in the process is figuring out what specific offset changed the starters, other than just hex spamming.

Turtwig:
    002B9188
    83 01 >> 01 83 >> 387
    Reversed Hex Number >> Normal Hex Number >> National Dex (Decimal) Number

Chimchar:
    002B918C
    86 01 >> 01 86 >> 390

Piplup:
    002B9190
    89 01 >> 01 89 >> 393

That's how it works for the starter Pokemon mod.
    Say you want Turtwig to Mew:

Turtwig's National Dex Number is 387.
    Changed to hex it's 01 83.
    Reverse to 83 01 for ROM format.

Mew's National Dex Number is 151.
    Changed to hex it's 00 97.
    Reverse to 97 00 for ROM format.

Therefore, if you replace the 83 01 with 97 00, it will be Mew instead of Turtwig.

Are those the offsets you meant?

P.S.
    These offsets were NOT found by hex spamming. They were found through a search and have been tested by gabe_k and me.

-gamefreakfatty

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Er, is it me or does the game just stops after you defeated the Starly?
    Maybe I changed something else.. I'll try a clean ROM.

Edit:
    Tried a clean ROM.. game stops after defeating Starly too..
    And I mean it just stays in battle with '<POKéMON> used <ATTACK>!'

Edit2:
    Looks like I have a bad ROM.. It always stops there :'(

Last edited:
    Years
    gamefreakfatty- question. In your opinion, is it possible those offests work for everything involving said Pokemon? Like, say I changed both Turtwig (to Machamp) and Piplup (to Mew). Would the professor's helper have Mew if I chose Turtwig (Machamp)? Also, have you guys found ALL the hexidecimal values for Pokemon? As in, do you know how to change the starter to every pokemon? Oh --stupid question I guess-- of course you have. You found a formula for it. Anyway, that means you theoretically could not only hack encounters, but battles, right?

Years
    gamefreakfatty- question. In your opinion, is it possible those offests work for everything involving said Pokemon? Like, say I changed both Turtwig (to Machamp) and Piplup (to Mew). Would the professor's helper have Mew if I chose Turtwig (Machamp)? Also, have you guys found ALL the hexidecimal values for Pokemon? As in, do you know how to change the starter to every pokemon? Oh --stupid question I guess-- of course you have. You found a formula for it. Anyway, that means you theoretically could not only hack encounters, but battles, right?

You can change the starter to anything, i've done it too mew, shaymin, and arceus. also, it's very easy to find the bytes for all the pokemon, i'll explain on im later

Years
    Er, is it me or does the game just stops after you defeated the Starly?
    Maybe I changed something else.. I'll try a clean ROM.

Edit:
    Tried a clean ROM.. game stops after defeating Starly too..
    And I mean it just stays in battle with '<POKéMON> used <ATTACK>!'

Edit2:
    Looks like I have a bad ROM.. It always stops there :'(

I had that problem too, but then i figured that you MUST have the sound on when your battling..I dont know why.. :s

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well Darthatron has agreed to make a program with all the information we have. We'll officially be the first people to make a DP Hacking Program :P

gamefreakfatty

Years

You could do this for ALL Pokemon to starters. Find the National Dex Number like I said. Convert that to Hex, Reverse the bytes. If the hex is only 1 byte (AD,01,83,97,etc) then put a 00 after it. Mew would have been 151 (dec/national dex number) >> 97 (hex) >> put a 00 in front then reverse bytes: 00 97 >> 97 00
    Does that make sense?
    Also I went further in the game on my DS flash cartridge (R4) and Dawn SAID she had a Chimchar, although I never really checked.
    I do suspect that the rival's starter Pokemon is actually at a different address. I believe it is the same with the Advance Generation Pokemon Games. Anyways, I did find another address, and if anyone wants to test it, go ahead. Edit it the same way I described in my earlier post.

Here are the other addresses I found:

Turtwig:
    002B73EC

Chimchar:
    002B73F0

Piplup:
    002B73F4

In addition, I am pretty sure that hacking battles would not be very hard, even if they do have multiple Pokemon.

-gamefreakfatty

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back