• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
    execpt for all the japanese ones

Yeah, but the Japanese people have had their versions of the game out longer than ours have been out and us Americans don't seem to be as determined as they were. Anyways, the Japanese people probably wanted to get it done more than we wanted, so they probably worked harder at it.

Years
    You could do this for ALL Pokemon to starters. Find the National Dex Number like I said. Convert that to Hex, Reverse the bytes. If the hex is only 1 byte (AD,01,83,97,etc) then put a 00 after it. Mew would have been 151 (dec/national dex number) >> 97 (hex) >> put a 00 in front then reverse bytes: 00 97 >> 97 00
    Does that make sense?
    Also I went further in the game on my DS flash cartridge (R4) and Dawn SAID she had a Chimchar, although I never really checked.
    I do suspect that the rival's starter Pokemon is actually at a different address. I believe it is the same with the Advance Generation Pokemon Games. Anyways, I did find another address, and if anyone wants to test it, go ahead. Edit it the same way I described in my earlier post.

Here are the other addresses I found:

Turtwig:
    002B73EC

Chimchar:
    002B73F0

Piplup:
    002B73F4

In addition, I am pretty sure that hacking battles would not be very hard, even if they do have multiple Pokemon.

-gamefreakfatty

yeah, im gonna try searching the hex for some encounter things. btw, can u get on msn when u have a chance? i gota question for u about this... u or gabe.

interesting segment of text... poke_17?
    ........V.!1!.U.........V.."..Q.........`.....a...........a.a...........`.a.a.c.........`3.!.1c.........633.133.........6233332.........`6"3#2f..........`A2Ba...........`3f6c............f.`.......................WF~V2-.E..,!....BMD0....................MDL0......(.........M.......0...ug_poke_17..........l...|...(................@[email protected]#)..........(.........5.......(...pPlane1.........................+...,.T...(.....................obj...............(.........M.......|...ug_poke_17........(.........M.......}...ug_poke_17............,...............

Last edited:

gamefreakfatty

Years
    I just remembered something. I found that in the Hex of the file the all areas that PokeTEX edits seem to have the same label, so we could make a more complete PokeTEX list.txt file.

Edit:
    Found some offsets for the Elite 4's Pokemon. Modified all five of Aaron's Pokemon to be level one Magikarps. I know I'm cheap, but I wanted to do a quick test. Sadly, they still have the original moves, not just splash, though they are still only level ones. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    So although we can hack battles, we can't hack moves? Finally, something to experiment with that's completely original :D lol.

probably nothing big, there's random text like that all over it. i actually found afew places where it said "anime"

Like somebody else said, I think, it would be interesting to try editing all the places it says polygon, etc.. I would assume it has something to do with the 3D rendering system they use to create buildings and towns.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    meh, with all the stuff we know how to do now we've almost caught up

I wasn't aware that there was any Japanese hacking tools for D/P lol. What can they do that we can't? How far along are they? If we've "almost caught up", then they must have something worth playing with.

Years
    Found some offsets for the Elite 4's Pokemon. Modified all five of Aaron's Pokemon to be level one Magikarps. I know I'm cheap, but I wanted to do a quick test. Sadly, they still have the original moves, not just splash, though they are still only level ones. ;)

Bad fatty! can you go a day without making a discovery!?!? Also, awesome thing under your name :P

I wasn't aware that there was any Japanese hacking tools for D/P lol. What can they do that we can't? How far along are they? If we've "almost caught up", then they must have something worth playing with.

Well, i've used (i think) all of the japanese hacking tools we've found. there's poketex of course, then there was a pack of abunch of hacking tools called "pokemon rom changer" or something (i think there's a link in here). they only worked with japanese roms, but i managed to edit encounters, move power/type, and when pokemon learn moves. so were actualy ahead in someways, we just don't know how to edit moves. *Stares at gamefreakfatty* get to work... NOW!

Like somebody else said, I think, it would be interesting to try editing all the places it says polygon, etc.. I would assume it has something to do with the 3D rendering system they use to create buildings and towns.

I would NOT, it's probably something about the engine which is not what we want to hack.

Years
    Oh, l0ls.. Thanks.. Then I should play without playing other music :(
    Too bad ^^

Erm.. And what about PokeDSPic?
    You can't have it muted, but you can have it turned down. Not to mention, I'm sure you could find a way to block the sound from it without the emulator under the impression you have the sound muted. Trick it into thinking something else is your sound card, maybe?

Years
    You can't have it muted, but you can have it turned down. Not to mention, I'm sure you could find a way to block the sound from it without the emulator under the impression you have the sound muted. Trick it into thinking something else is your sound card, maybe?

you can't turn the sound down in no$gba

Years
    It's not much, but I've been looking at the evolution data. I just compiled a reasonably vague guide on the tupes of evolution data. It's set out in the same way as the FR/LG/R/S/E games. You'll see in the guide that there are a few of them that I'm still unsure of. Like the Glaceon/Leafeon/Magnezone.
    Spoiler:

I'll see if I can find anything else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    ive been searching all over for tools for hacking diamond and pearl, ive skimeed through this thread, and i cant find the links to any tools.

can any one help?
    much thanx ;]

gamefreakfatty

Years
    It's not much, but I've been looking at the evolution data. I just compiled a reasonably vague guide on the tupes of evolution data. It's set out in the same way as the FR/LG/R/S/E games. You'll see in the guide that there are a few of them that I'm still unsure of. Like the Glaceon/Leafeon/Magnezone.
    Spoiler:

Very well done! How did you manage to find this information?

Years
    Spoiler:

sweet! that should help alot! Would you like to join Heatran, gamefreakfatty, and my hacking team?

ive been searching all over for tools for hacking diamond and pearl, ive skimeed through this thread, and i cant find the links to any tools.

can any one help?
    much thanx ;]

there are none in english, kthnxbai.

In other news, i figured out how to hack textures today, and i think i'm getting abit closer to the maps

Last edited:
    Years
    Very well done! How did you manage to find this information?

Well, I searched for '04 00 10 00 02 00' which is the evolution from Bulbasaur to Ivysaur in 3rd generation games, and luckily, it appears the same way. And I scrolled through all the evolution data, and marked down anything any new types, 0200, 0400, 0A00, etc.
    And I got a few of each and checked how that Pokemon evolved. As an example, the Eevee>Glaceon Evolution is:
    1A 00 00 00 D701

The way it evolves, according to Bulbapedia, is leveling up in Route 217. And since the 00 00 follows, it means there mustn't be any value's for the middle to change it, So that's why I assume it's 'Level Up in Route 217'. And the final double-byte is always, Pokemon to evolve to. Which you get through D701>reverse>01D7>hex-dec>471=Glaceon.

gamefreakfatty

Years
    Well, I searched for '04 00 10 00 02 00' which is the evolution from Bulbasaur to Ivysaur in 3rd generation games, and luckily, it appears the same way. And I scrolled through all the evolution data, and marked down anything any new types, 0200, 0400, 0A00, etc.
    And I got a few of each and checked how that Pokemon evolved. As an example, the Eevee>Glaceon Evolution is:
    1A 00 00 00 D701

The way it evolves, according to Bulbapedia, is leveling up in Route 217. And since the 00 00 follows, it means there mustn't be any value's for the middle to change it, So that's why I assume it's 'Level Up in Route 217'. And the final double-byte is always, Pokemon to evolve to. Which you get through D701>reverse>01D7>hex-dec>471=Glaceon.

very nice. gabe_k and i along with some others like virtual chatot and michael have a dp hacking team. we (gabe_k and i) want to know if you want to join?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back