• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

willo203

Willo
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    iam thinking of hacking pokemon fire red and macking a diamon or pearl remake i am trying to gather some people to help me with this project

i know iam trying to gather a party of hackers it be good if pokemon diamond an pearl where on gba

Last edited:
    Years
  • iam thinking of hacking pokemon fire red and macking a diamon or pearl remake i am trying to gather some people to help me with this project

i know iam trying to gather a party of hackers it be good if pokemon diamond an pearl where on gba

i don' think that has anything to do with dp hacking

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • iam thinking of hacking pokemon fire red and macking a diamon or pearl remake i am trying to gather some people to help me with this project

You ought to make a thread about this.

Or...maybe not.

Years

You should take a look in the teaming part and then in the non-team recruitment or something like that (it is stickied)

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • https://www18.atwiki.jp/pokeanalyze/pages/44.html
    That has the text table for the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl.
    It very well could be the same as the English version, I will try to change that into table format.
    EDIT: That appears to only work with the Japanese version. And one thing to note is that The English rom is only 64MB while the Japanese rom is 128MB. This means that maybe the English rom is compressed and cannot be edited very easily in compressed format. (Like how you can't access the files of a .zip file until you extract them.)
    This also brings to the stand the idea of translating a Japanese rom into English if the English rom can't be uncompressed.
    Of course, this is all a theory, since it might not be compressed at all and the people who converted it to English somehow shrunk the rom down a bit. (Since anything above 64MB is put into a 128MB cartridge.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2007
    That appears to only work with the Japanese version. And one thing to note is that The English rom is only 64MB while the Japanese rom is 128MB. This means that maybe the English rom is compressed and cannot be edited very easily in compressed format. (Like how you can't access the files of a .zip file until you extract them.)
    This also brings to the stand the idea of translating a Japanese rom into English if the English rom can't be uncompressed.
    Of course, this is all a theory, since it might not be compressed at all and the people who converted it to English somehow shrunk the rom down a bit. (Since anything above 64MB is put into a 128MB cartridge.)
    I was actually thinking size has to do with different language (Unicode), which requires complete different coding when Asian language is involved (thus, bigger size).

To prove this, open Notepad, and type random letters. Save one normally (which would be ANSI/ASCII saving), and resave it with different name, but change Encoding to Unicode. You will notice filesize gets slightly bigger, if not, doubled.
    I have uploaded file to provide my point.

Of course, prove me wrong (that D&P doesn't have different coding), if I am. But then, I'm also guessing, so... eh...

I noticed this doesn't provide exactly why US release and JP release is different in patching, too.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • I just came across a cool tool named 'Tahaxan'.
    You guys should check it out! Link
    You can't really hack D/P with this.. But you can rip every file easily..
    No need of DSTop+NarcTool and stuff..

*Looking at some Lucas and Down bycilce sprite*

*Goes to bed, it's late - -'*

Edit:
    Ok, I realy LOVE Tahaxan :D
    Just ripped the D/P Bag.. But who cares XD

Edit2:
    Look.. An Egg, And.. A lot of other stuff XD
    Anyway, if we could just import.. then Image editing would be a peace of cake XD
    Anyway, now I really go to bed!! To late :tired::paranoid:

Last edited:

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    This is godly :3 Now its just time until someone use that program as base and inverts everything it has so we can import into it ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    idon't really know how to edit scripts and such but if someone found a map maker i could make d/p map hacks?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Hey :D,
    everybody I have found a way to edit tiles in Diamond & Pearl!

And it is actually done with...
    PokeTEX,
    you just have to download list.txt from PokeTEXs
    website, and search through a JAPANESE
    Diamond/Pearl rom.

There you'll find for ex. the front and sides of a building
    ______
    |__3__|
    | 1 | 2 |
    | 1 | 2 |
    |__|__|

3 = roof
    2 = front
    1 = side

and the game makes the 3D itself out of these pics.
    Cool, Huh?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Hey :D,
    everybody I have found a way to edit tiles in Diamond & Pearl!

And it is actually done with...
    PokeTEX,
    you just have to download list.txt from PokeTEXs
    website, and search through a JAPANESE
    Diamond/Pearl rom.

There you'll find for ex. the front and sides of a building
    ______
    |__3__|
    | 1 | 2 |
    | 1 | 2 |
    |__|__|

3 = roof
    2 = front
    1 = side

and the game makes the 3D itself out of these pics.
    Cool, Huh?

mm how about some screenshots??

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
    Years
  • hehe tahaxan just proved my theory. Back in january I was testing many different games and putting american save files on respective japanese games and vice versa. With that figured out I was able to acess the manaphy mission in ranger 10 days before anyone else. So then I tested it on my japanese diamond and pearl. I took the pearl savefile and transfered it over to diamond. The game worked completely like nothing had changed. I just opened tahaxan and found the something I have been looking for. Diamond and Pearl ARE the same game. Just 1 line of code is probably edited in the ROM to make it a diamond or pearl game. With this datel or any code machine can make a game a diamond or pearl game and switch between its elements.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow! A lot of stuff has changed since I checked this last. Congratulations to all for your findings!
    Just 1 line of code is probably edited in the ROM to make it a diamond or pearl game. With this datel or any code machine can make a game a diamond or pearl game and switch between its elements.
    While you're theory sounds very interesting, I have to disagree with this specific detail. The difference between versions of Pokemon are very great. By hacking Ruby and Sapphire or Leaf Green and Fire Red one can find that the versions are VERY different in coding. In fact, one of the only things that are the same between them is the text encoding. You have to think, Diamond and Pearl have completly different title screens, different pokemon available, different text during certain parts, and different events. This, from my own personal experience with hacking, is MUCH larger than one line of code.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Wow! A lot of stuff has changed since I checked this last. Congratulations to all for your findings!

While you're theory sounds very interesting, I have to disagree with this specific detail. The difference between versions of Pokemon are very great. By hacking Ruby and Sapphire or Leaf Green and Fire Red one can find that the versions are VERY different in coding. In fact, one of the only things that are the same between them is the text encoding. You have to think, Diamond and Pearl have completly different title screens, different pokemon available, different text during certain parts, and different events. This, from my own personal experience with hacking, is MUCH larger than one line of code.

Now that you mentioned it, I think I'll check myself to see just how many differences there are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back