• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    i actually fail to see the discovery? that's what the program was designed to do
    pokeDsPic - readme

please tell me any odd behavior (including but not limited to bugs) even if it's just unintuitive design.

The program is capable of opening and editing pokegra.narc, that other big narc with the alternative sprites, trfgra.narc and maybe the file with the big berrys but i don't really know about that. if you open a narc file you can select the image in the drop down box (and use the arrow keys to navigate)

to extract the ndsrom use ndstool (ndstool -x romname.nds -d root)

2007 loadingnow (loadingnow at gmail d0t com)

but maybe i was as unclear as my hex explaination oO

Raimu Bito

Raimu Bito -- Facing erasure
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    i actually fail to see the discovery? that's what the program was designed to do

but maybe i was as unclear as my hex explaination oO
    People were confused on opening NARCs in PokeDSPic, as far as I knew. Look at the above 2 posts (before M_X)...

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    so if you have a narc file and edit it with the program how can you then compile it back onto the rom or can't you?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    i have a question, can no$gba run nds games? or did you managed to convert D/P into gba format?(if this is even possible)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    it can run NDS games, some don't work 100% like pokemon diamond and pearl unless you have the bios (still don't always work 100%)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    wackydude1234 you can just use ndstool again. with -c instead of -x this time there are a few minor deteils to keep in mind to get it to run properly tho (dont forget anything and make sure the header is correct)

Raimu Bito

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    wackydude1234 you can just use ndstool again. with -c instead of -x this time there are a few minor deteils to keep in mind to get it to run properly tho (dont forget anything and make sure the header is correct)

I can't find the Amr7/9 RAM address, and where should i get this ROM header template from? This could be why my ROM won't work with pokeTEX after I compile it back, heh..

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    also dump the header -h header.bin
    if i remember correctly you also need to change some data in the header after that because ndstool places legacy passme bootcode there (maybe new versions don't. i didn't do that for a while)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    i used NDSHeader to decompress the rom?

Also person above, if you actually read these posts, they are working on programs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2012
    hmm....when i try opening a d/p rom it simply says the data couldnt be read...anyone know where to actually find a working rom/how to solve this prob?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    hmm....when i try opening a d/p rom it simply says the data couldnt be read...anyone know where to actually find a working rom/how to solve this prob?
    ...Were you using Visualboyadvance?

If so, It can't read GBA games

You would need to find a better DS Emulator, the best one I've seen is known as Clicks or something...

Just Google DS Emulator

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    when i recompile the rom it won't play on no$gba, the thing shows a few messages and says if you're a child or know nothing about them things then ignore it
    and it doesn't load.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    when i recompile the rom it won't play on no$gba, the thing shows a few messages and says if you're a child or know nothing about them things then ignore it
    and it doesn't load.

All it means is that you don't have the right type of ROM. If you have any more questions, ask the in the thread entitled "Play Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Roms".

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    it works before i decompress it and then recompress it..

and all i did was slightly change an image to test it.

Raimu Bito

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    Hey, PokeDSpic users...
    Under Expert, Import PAL Direct... Whats tHat do? I tried importing a .PAL file, but nothing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    if you split the narc manually because for some reason pokeDsPics narc interpreter is not enough for your needs you can open the single file there.

@wackydute: that means you failed using ndstool correctly. But it IS possible to create

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, first off, I'd like to say, that I think the map is built in a way, that each z-coordinate has a different 2 dimensional map. So, it's not really that much of 3-d in those terms. I noticed this, because in places where there seemed to be a map pattern, there were a lot of zeros, which most likely means blankness. If you've ever used the walk through walls code, you'd notice that it's not completely 3-d it just puts you at whatever z-value it thinks you should be at. I think that the whole 3-d affect could very well be coded in. (And not a true 3-d effect.)
    Second of all, are you guys sure the table that is from that text rip is incorrect? I'll post it here in a spoiler so you guys can check and see if you find any text in the rom using it. (also i didn't know what the guy was talking about when he said the 'r4 rom decompresser.')
    EDIT: Upon further evaluation, I realize that the table is correct, but it's just that the bytes need to be reversed. For example, the letter S in the table is 013D. In a hex editor it would appear as 3D01.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back