• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Morning sun doesn't do much in in-game pokemon, but if competitive then both are a good option.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Morning sun is generally moot in competetive play, since sandstorm is all over the place now. 25% recovery doesn't usually stretch very far.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT!

I heard somewhere that people could watch Wi-Fi battles as they are going on, like there can be an audience for a match. Is this true, or am I just being an idiot? =P

With Platinum, you can record them and upload them to a Wi-Fi server, so others can watch them. But you can't watch on-going battles.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    I was wondering, is it possible for an in-game-trade Pokemon to be shiny? I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, unless they've gotten one, but if anyone knows for certain, I'm really curious. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I was wondering, is it possible for an in-game-trade Pokemon to be shiny? I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, unless they've gotten one, but if anyone knows for certain, I'm really curious. Thanks!

No, they cannot. The Pokémon you receive has fixed attributes, bar it's level which is based on the level of the Pokémon that you trade to the NPC.
    The fixed details include OT, ID, nature, gender, IVs(and consequently, Hidden Power strength and type) and the colour/Shininess. So each copy you obtain will be more or less identical in every save file that you create.

Shadowmike16

Luxray Trainer
    Years
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. But how ccan you possibly get a legendary pokemon with a CERTAIN nature? I just see people crying about the natures of pokemon they want traded.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    You just save your game before you encounter the Legendary Pokemon, then you keep catching it until you get your desired nature.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Hey, I've noticed that sometimes during battles, Pokeballs on the top left of the touch screen, which I think are the players, a few of the Pokeballs will be wobbling. What the heck for? Does it mean that some of your Pokemon have an advantage and are just ITCHING to get out and win, or what?

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, the Pokeballs in the top left are your Pokemon. I don't know why they were wiggling, probably just a little effect that was added in so it wasn't so boring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back