• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Does anybody know if you can breed a shiny pokemon and get a shiny egg?

The egg would have the same chance of being shiny as it would if you bred a regular Pokemon. Whether the parents are shiny or not doesn't change your chances, the egg will always have the same (very small) chance of being shiny.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    Hit Points
    Loves to eat
    Often dozes off
    Scatters things often
    Often scatters things
    Likes to Relax

Attack
    Proud of its power
    Likes to thrash about
    A little quick tempered
    Likes to fight
    Quick Tempered

Defense
    Sturdy body
    Capable of taking hits
    Highly persistent
    Good endurance
    Good perseverence

Special Attack
    Highly curious
    Mischievous
    Thoroughly Cunning
    Often lost in thought
    Very finicky

Special Defense
    Strong willed
    Somewhat vain
    Strongly defiant
    Hates to lose
    Somewhat stubborn

Speed
    Likes to run
    Alert to sounds
    Impetuous and silly
    Somewhat of a clown
    Quick to flee

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
    I recently defeated Candice do not confuse with a girl from phinias and ferb so how do I get to sunnyshore city?

you should go to Lake Valor and then Lake Acuity. After that, go to Veilstone and get the dropped key from the galactic member. Go to the galactic warehouse, you will reach Cyrus. Fight him and he will tell you to use the transporter to the right. Free the langendary trio, then go to the peak of Mt. Coronet from the Oreburgh City side. Reach the top, battle team galactic and catch Dialga/Palkia,and you can go to Sunyshore.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Quick question: is it possible to tell apart a traded egg from your own egg? Can you tell it apart after it hatches?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Quick question: is it possible to tell apart a traded egg from your own egg? Can you tell it apart after it hatches?

Yes, there is a difference. If it is your own egg, it will be from the Daycare. However, if it is traded, the egg will be from "Link Trade".

EDIT: Sniped XD

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
    is that true that the GTS clone really work?
    well, it sure don't work for me!!!
    my friend says that you have to wait for the clock to turn 7 times and turn off the DS
    but my pokemon went up for trade in just 2 turns!
    walking away from the wireless router sure dont work!

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yes, the gts glitch does work. Your internet must be rediculously fast, since most people wait at for least 7 turns, I myself have to wait 8.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    is that true that the GTS clone really work?
    well, it sure don't work for me!!!
    my friend says that you have to wait for the clock to turn 7 times and turn off the DS
    but my pokemon went up for trade in ust 2 turns!
    walking away from the wireless router sure dont work!
    Ok, ignore the clock. It was always a load of crap for me. If you're using a wireless router, first make sure that no other wireless device is using it. So turn off wifi, games, computer, etc to increase your chances of success at cloning. Stand next to your router, I think it works better when closer. You just have to be fast. Now look at the WLAN light because it is your new best friend. If you don't know where that is.. Then um, I'm not too sure what light it is either. It's somewhat on the left side. My brother just called it the WLAN light. Ask someone in the Tech forum for help on that, sorry. But yeah, first, after depositing your pokemon, count about 15 seconds and then stare at that light. As soon as it reacts and blinks, shut off your game. It works for me most of the time, so try that. The total time is about 17 seconds. Oh, I'm using a Linksys router, if that poses a problem.. But I would suspect most routers to be the same.

Where can I find a dragon scale?

You may find a Dragon Scale attached to wild Horsea, Seadra, Dratini, and Dragonair. Horsea would be the easiest, and it is found by fishing with a Good Rod on route 226. Either use Thief or catch them. Also, bring a pokemon with the ability "Compoundeyes" such as Butterfree to the front of your party to increase your chances of finding one with the item.

Last edited:
    Years
    Chasing the wild Mesprit.

I know I should use Mean Look to make him stay in one place, but I can never get first strike. It always runs before I can use it. How can I get first strike? Is there a better strategy for catching this little jerk?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Arena Trap doesn't work on pokemon that Levitate.

Use a Masterball if you have one. Otherwise, find it at night and use Dusk Balls. Get something fast (level up your mean looker to increase its speed stat over 110 to outspeed any Mesprit). Crobat and Gengar are fast and can learn it (watch out for psychic disadvantage). Also, you can't switch out the mean looker or else it would break (Umbreon has Baton Pass+Mean Look). Use status moves to stop it (Hypnosis on Gengar). You can try False Swipe too to get its health down low. If you attack it one time, it will have the same health the next time you battle it. By this, you can bust out the Quick Balls if you'd like. Just keep trying and use various methods, and you're bound to catch it. Good luck.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Chasing the wild Mesprit.

I know I should use Mean Look to make him stay in one place, but I can never get first strike. It always runs before I can use it. How can I get first strike? Is there a better strategy for catching this little jerk?

In addition to what TwilightBlade said, the Shadow Tag ability (known only by Wobbuffet) is a replacement for the Arena trap ability. Pretty much the same effect of not allowing Pokemon to escape except it works with all Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back