• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I have one, as many of us do. Please, if you need to know if someone has a specific pokemon, use the Trade Corner here.

I have multiple copies of the games. The thing is. I only trade with myself, as I am catching them all 100% legit. I have done Pearl, and I seem to need Drifloon. I was wondering if there is a in-game trainer who as one so I can see it. I need it in my Pokedex to get the National version.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Oh! I'm sorry. I misunderstood you.
    I do not believe you can see a drifloon without battling it on friday at Valley Windworks. Pokemon that you can only attain once in the game are either only shown by one trainer or only appear once at the place you attain them. (I believe this is correct, or mostly true)

Years
    Im in a little touble.

Well I beat the snowpoint gym.
    And I went to Lake Acuity.
    But nothing happens. My Rival is just standing there, and tells me to go to Sunyshore and beat the gym.
    But they won't let me go to sunyshore because of construction.
    What do I do?

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    If I'm corect you have to got to Veilstone and beat Team Galactic at the big wharehouse. Check out the walkthrough on Psypokes.com

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    If I'm corect you have to got to Veilstone and beat Team Galactic at the big wharehouse. Check out the walkthrough on Psypokes.com

Second that. If you search 'pokemon diamond pearl walkthrough' on google you should find some good and popular ones. (I would have posted the link to a really good one but I'm not allowed yet).

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Say I wanted the johto starters on my pearl version, the only way for me to get them is from the GTS, but I havent seen them so they arent in my pokedex.

Is there a way for me to get them without trading?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    Say I wanted the johto starters on my pearl version, the only way for me to get them is from the GTS, but I havent seen them so they arent in my pokedex.

Is there a way for me to get them without trading?

i dont think so. if you have the national dex you can pal park em from an emerald with full pokedex, or from any gen3 game if you have colosseum and the starters on there.

if anyone else knows how to trade for a pokemon you havent seen (any means at all, like requesting something else and somehow offering the unseen pokemon) could you post? i want to start a new file with a party of all one pokemon from the start. and its on the national dex ><

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Is this Pokemon legit?

Species: Shuckle
    Nickname: None
    OT: SETH
    ID: 14417
    Nature: Bold
    Arrived from Hoenn @lv100.
    Personality: Somewhat vain.
    HP: 244 ATK: 22 DEF: 556
    SPATK: 31 SPDEF: 550 SPD: 29
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Rest, Encore, Toxic, Stealth Rock
    Ball: Safari
    Ribbons: None

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yo, I have a question about contests.

When I do the visual part of it(dress up) and it shows my pokemon to the crowd, some of the items go missing and I get less in the part, which in turn wrecks the whole contest for me. Do you know why it would be doing this? How I could fix it?

Well I beat the snowpoint gym.
    And I went to Lake Acuity.
    But nothing happens. My Rival is just standing there, and tells me to go to Sunyshore and beat the gym.
    But they won't let me go to sunyshore because of construction.
    What do I do?
    Did you go their main building and talk to the grunt standing outside? He drops a key.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    SOunds legit. Everything checks out. DId you get it from a reliable source?

I don't think the GTS is a very reliable source. :P

When I do the visual part of it(dress up) and it shows my pokemon to the crowd, some of the items go missing and I get less in the part, which in turn wrecks the whole contest for me. Do you know why it would be doing this? How I could fix it?

It seems that when a prop isn't acutually touching the Pokemon, it doesn't appear. That's from my experience, anyway.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Did you go their main building and talk to the grunt standing outside? He drops a key.

Are u sure u are actually attaching the accessories?

zurieau

Flamboyant.
    Years
    if anyone else knows how to trade for a pokemon you havent seen (any means at all, like requesting something else and somehow offering the unseen pokemon) could you post? i want to start a new file with a party of all one pokemon from the start. and its on the national dex ><

I got the Pokemon that weren't in my Pokedex through the Wifi Chat on serebii. You can ask for and offer Pokemon there.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "i want to start a new file with a party of all one pokemon from the start. and its on the national dex".

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Exactly how much do Choice Items add to ur stat total and exactly what chooses which stat is raised with Download ability?

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    What can I get for turtwig eggs or a hatched turtwig?

Another starter? Really, if your looking to trade one, then check the trade thread. It depends on how much people want the Pokemon anyway, so no one could say for sure. Just offer it in the Quick Trade Thread or something.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    What pokemon only come out at night or day?

Click here and go to the pokemon's 'Dex entry. Under location it also details if the poke only appears at a specific time.

Exactly how much do Choice Items add to ur stat total and exactly what chooses which stat is raised with Download ability?

Choice Items raise their respective stats one stage, or 50%. Download checks which of your opponents defences are inferior and gives you a boost to that respective attack stat So attacking a poke with low defence raises your attack stat, and vice versa.

What can I get for turtwig eggs or a hatched turtwig?

It's entirely relative, but the GTS has made almost every poke so accessible that starters don't retain rarity anymore. You may be able to ask for something common you're missing out of your national dex, but unless you get a shiny/IV'd one it's just another generic poke that anyone can get for anything over wifi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back