• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    ok so heres a really stupid question but i cant figure it out so bare with me

right so in the battle tower, with the wifi room secection. how do u increase up rank per battle room? and how do u get on a rooms leaderboard?

Two answer both of your questions you simply have to defeat all 7 people in the room.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Rare candys do not decrease stats , the reason why rare candyd pokes are weaker is bacause they probaly didnt have any evs like they would get in battle, but once you have max evs its safe to use rare candys

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    You can only open it when you enter a contest.

*waits for the thread to be either merged or closed*

Last edited:
    Years
    I've been SR'ing for a good IV'd Drifloon.
    And so far the best I've gotten is.

30/16/16/23/19/3
    Serious.

I want a really good one..
    But I also want a Calm Mind baton passer.
    So how should I go about doing this?
    Should I keep SR'ing for a good IV'd one.
    Or trying to hatch good IV'd eggs?

Also.
    How can I get a Drifloon hatched with Baton Pass?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    MartinNFLFalcon
    A pokemon's nature matters more than its IVs. Reset.

Work on getting a Calm Drifloon first, maybe even a female so you can rebreed (which is easier).

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    I have a few questions

With EV training, after you get all the EVs you want (for example I kill 252 starlys, 252 machops, and then use up my remaining EVs on HP by killing bidoofs so now I would have used the maximum amount of EVs (510 I think)) do I still have to train on things like starlys and machops (things that give speed and attack EVs) to max out the speed and attack stat at level 100, according with the natures of course? Or could i just train through the Elite Four or something the rest of the way?

Do the legendaries have pre-set natures?

if i can think of anymore i will edit this post

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I have a few questions

With EV training, after you get all the EVs you want (for example I kill 252 starlys, 252 machops, and then use up my remaining EVs on HP by killing bidoofs so now I would have used the maximum amount of EVs (510 I think)) do I still have to train on things like starlys and machops (things that give speed and attack EVs) to max out the speed and attack stat at level 100, according with the natures of course? Or could i just train through the Elite Four or something the rest of the way?

Nope, you don't; once the Pokémon has gained the fulll amount of EVs, you can continue to level up against anything you wish. As long as you make ABSOLUTELY sure you have gained 510 EVs first.

Do the legendaries have pre-set natures?

if i can think of anymore i will edit this post

Nope again; if you save infront of them, then catch them and check the nature, you can reset the game and catch it again if it is not the nature you want.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    You can just do the E4 once youve EVd and the legendaries dont have a preset nature. atleast i dont think

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    WaffleIron

After you hit 510 EVs, you can battle whatever you want. New EVs won't count.

Stationary legendaries (Dialga, Uxie, Giratina, Heatran, etc) do not have preset natures; however, if you release the running legendaries (Mesprit/Cresselia) into the wild, they will have the same natures each time you encounter them. To reset their natures, you'll have to start the process over again (for example, go to the island, save, scare away Cresselia, capture her, check her nature, if unsatisfied, soft reset and repeat).

Years
    My only question ATM is, are the natures of Mystery Gift pokemon transferred from Ranch/Battle Revoltuion set once the transfer is complete or when I talk to the guy? Just wanting to know because I'm wondering if I can SR for a better natured Electivire.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    A Spiritomb with Wondergurard is in NO WAY legit. The nature is unique to Shedinja only, and people hack the nature onto Spiritombs with an external device so they have an 'invincible' Pokémon. Of course, it's not, but that's what people like to think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back