• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Events?

Its been a while since i logged on and i was just wondering have the event poks made it to north america yet?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Okay, this post is simply useless since the whole thread was moved here?
    But Uhm, ALAMOS Darkrai, and GAMESTOP Deoxys were released in the US

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Its been a while since i logged on and i was just wondering have the event poks made it to north america yet?

Darkrai was released in June and Gamestop Deoxys. But Shaymin and Arceus haven't been released yet. You can only get them by cheating. I'm guessing the Shaymin event will come a month after the 11th movie premiers in July of next year much like Darkrai. Hope this helps.

Oh, if you do cheat do get Shaymin, ride your bike down Sea-Break path. WAY TOOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Hi. Is there a way to ask for a pokemon in GTS that you havent seen. example: Gallade?
    thanks

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Is it worth it to transfer all of my pokemon that I don't have in Diamond? I'm not sure about transfering my Latios, Registeel, Metang, etc.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Latios- worth it
    Registeel- worth it
    Metang- WORTH IT! It's breedable now.

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Are there any pokemon I should refrain from transfering?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Depends. No more than 4 of the same one, unless it's for the GTS or ID number, and no pokemon that you already have caught. It depends on you.

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    What is a "Sweeper" and what are the different types?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    lets see here... there are two kinds of sweepers, physical and special. physical sweepers usually have high speed and high attack and are used to finish opponents off. i think typholsion would be a good example. special sweepers apply the same concept, but instead of high attack, they have high special attack. alakazam would make a great special sweeper. that clear things up?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    lets see here... there are two kinds of sweepers, physical and special. physical sweepers usually have high speed and high attack and are used to finish opponents off. i think typholsion would be a good example. special sweepers apply the same concept, but instead of high attack, they have high special attack. alakazam would make a great special sweeper. that clear things up?

You forgot about Mixed Sweepers, which attempt to do both.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Physical, Special, and Mixed are only broad generalizations of sweepers. There are setup sweepers, choice sweepers, Scarf sweepers, and more.

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Thank you. Can FEAR be attempted with any pokemon that is able to learn Endeavor, Quick Attack and has a Focus Sash?

SpeedTrainer47

Speed Trainer Lv: 100
    Years
    Need Help with Prinplup

hey guys ive been trying to beat the 2nd gym leader with:

Prinplup Lv:26
    Shinx Lv:16
    Ponyta Lv:13

Thats my team so far so could anyone give me any tips on how to beat her please tell me

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Shouldn't your Shinx be a Luxio now?

Anyway I'd go train all of them a bit more till Prinplup gets maybe a level or two, and Ponyta gets to around the same as your Shinx/Luxio.

I can't exactly remember what level my pokemon were when I used Piplup and I was at that Gym. I do remember just going with Prinplup until I finally got killed, and then just finished her off with the rest of my pokemon. What moves does Prinplup have?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Level up your Ponyta since it has an advantage against grass types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back