• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    i have this game i got all the 8 badges and i beat the elite 4 what is left in the game for me to do?

Getting the black trainer card forces you to do a lot of the extra stuff. Do the following things to get it:

*Beat the elite 4 (You can tick this one lol)
    *Complete the pokedex
    *Beat Battle Tower (100 win streak)
    *Win a game of CTF in the underground.
    *Complete all contests at every rank

There is also stuff like shiny hunting, event collecting and competetive battling to get involved in.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Stuck on Diamond

i was playing my new copy of Diamond and i came across this message, when i saw it i didn't know what to do

it's "It's a rugged rock, but a Pokémon may be able to smash it."

i don't know how to make my pokémon smash it =(

Can anyone help?

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    you're supposed to beat the first gym leader, in oreburgh city which is east of jubilife city and when you beat him he gives you the HM rock smash and once you teach rock smash to your pokemon you can smash rocks.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    you're supposed to beat the first gym leader, in oreburgh city which is east of jubilife city and when you beat him he gives you the HM rock smash and once you teach rock smash to your pokemon you can smash rocks.

Incorrect. The guy at Oreburgh Gate (the cave that leads to Oreburgh City) has the HM. He's a Hiker; you can't miss him. None of the Gym Leaders EVER give you the HMs.

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Team

Hello! Can anyone tell me a good battle tower team? One that doesnt have Legendaries please.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I have a Darkrai event thing still and was wondering would I be able to use the get via friend to transfer one over to another cart?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Is cloing item with a ditto cheating?

Subject line says it all!

Added for True Justice.

Cloning of an item using ditto is explained else where. Basically two pokemon fight you use ditto and another with the item you want to clone. During fight get ditto to 'transform' into the other pokemon and the item gets copied too (a glitch?), then replace the original with a 'thief' able pokemon like Mightyena and get it to take the item from the ditto. You have to finish the fight, hey presto duplicate item...

Never tried it yet myself, Mightyena needs to be Lvl 57 to learn Thief, I just got one at 24. The fight needs to finish is emphasised.

Is it cheating?

Alistair.

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I have a Darkrai event thing still and was wondering would I be able to use the get via friend to transfer one over to another cart?

With the Darkrai event, you cannot, I've tried. There has no been an event Wonder Card where you can transfer via Friend yet.

Subject line says it all!

Alistair.

Can you describe how it works? If it's anything like the GTS Glitch (getting a duplicate of a Pokemon/Item), then it's your call. Personally, I have no problem with others exploiting a glitch/cheat as long as it does not incorporate a cheating device. But there are some people who do not appreciate the exploit of a glitch. So again, its your preference.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You can't even enter Ho-oh in the Battle Tower. How can you possibly win with a Pokemon that can't be entered? =/ By the way, the requester stated no legendaries.

Any good team of three with a good offensive attacker and at least one bulky Pokemon to shed off incoming attacks should do pretty well. Just don't repeat moves of the same element, don't use three Pokemon with a common weakness, etc.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    A good team that I've always found helpful is something along the lines of:

Metagross, Flygon, Starmie

It ends up getting me through the majority of the Battle Tower, and it has some nice diversity. Also, an immunity to Toxic is almost a must if you plan on getting into the higher numbers.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I got the Diploma for seeing every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex. Is there any way to view it again?

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Alright, so I'm planning to eventually use a Roserade, but at what level should I evolve a Roselia?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Alright, so I'm planning to eventually use a Roserade, but at what level should I evolve a Roselia?

It depends on the attacks you want it to know. Roselia learns:
    Absorb at LV.1
    Growth at LV.4
    Stun Spore at LV. 10
    Leech Seed at LV. 16
    Grasswhistle at LV. 22
    Toxic Spikes at LV. 28
    Ingrain at LV. 34
    Petal Dance at LV. 40
    Aromatherapy at LV. 43
    Synthesis at LV. 46

and Budew learns: