• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    hidden power?

what is hidden power and how do you use it as certain types of attacks?

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    How come I EV trained my Shroomish and made sure he ONLY has 152 EV points in attack, and 44 in speed. I want him to be 252 speed and attack. I tried to use 10 proteins to raise its attack from 152 to 252 and it said it wouldnt have any effect. Im positive I only raised its EV's by 44 speed and 152 strength since it hatched from its egg, I kept track and everything. Why wont the proteins work?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    How come I EV trained my Shroomish and made sure he ONLY has 152 EV points in attack, and 44 in speed. I want him to be 252 speed and attack. I tried to use 10 proteins to raise its attack from 152 to 252 and it said it wouldnt have any effect. Im positive I only raised its EV's by 44 speed and 152 strength since it hatched from its egg, I kept track and everything. Why wont the proteins work?

You can't use Proteins or any other Vitamins once the EVs for that stat have exceeded 100. That's why it's best to use those up before you start EV training.

Would it be unethical to Pokesav Hydro Pump onto my Swampert? I was unaware that Hydro Pump was only learnable by Mudkip when I was EV training, and evolved him while battling. Rebreeding is out of the question, as there's no way in hell I'm spending another 20 hours riding up and down Solaceon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    You can't use Proteins or any other Vitamins once the EVs for that stat have exceeded 100. That's why it's best to use those up before you start EV training.

Would it be unethical to Pokesav Hydro Pump onto my Swampert? I was unaware that Hydro Pump was only learnable by Mudkip when I was EV training, and evolved him while battling. Rebreeding is out of the question, as there's no way in hell I'm spending another 20 hours riding up and down Solaceon.

You're obviously going to get people that disagree with the idea of using illegal means to do anything to a Pokémon, but I wouldn't consider it an issue since it is a move that Mudkip could acquire normally through learning.

You could always use Surf as an alternative though.

VFlea

The Trooper
    Years
    How the hell I evolve my Happiny into Chansey? I tried to use the Oval Stone, but it says that it won't have any effect...

Ninve

'Nuff said
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2008
    VFlea: You must attache the oval stone to Happiny and level it up in daytime.

I have a question; Does abilities change when you evolve them? For example, my Horsea has sniper, but is it possible to have Swift Swim when it later evolves into Kingdra?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im afraid not, unless the evolution doesnt have access to that abilityit will keep it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Umm do people consider, Lucario a pokemon not men tot be in teams? Hes not persay legendary. And hes like a pokemon I really want in my team?

And o.O whats this EV training you talk of XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    EV training is a technique used to increase a particular stat over the others. It's only necessary if you plan to get into competitive battling.

And I don't see why you shouldn't use Lucario in a team... It's not really the strongest Pokémon out there, but it is still pretty good.

Edit: The only times abilities change when a Pokémon evolves are when the evo has a different ability (Numel -> Camerupt, for example), or if it's been traded from a GBA version, where it has a 50% chance of changing when it evolves if the evo has 2 abilities. This can be avoided by evolving on the GBA game.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Umm do people consider, Lucario a pokemon not men tot be in teams? Hes not persay legendary. And hes like a pokemon I really want in my team?

And o.O whats this EV training you talk of XD

A) Lucario isnt a legend.
    B) Bear in mind not all legendries are banned, as some are not overly powerful. Check the tier discussion sticky in the battle forum to see which pokes are deemed ubers.
    C) For detailed EV training guides, go into the strategies and moversets forum and read the Compiled Fourth Gen Guides sticky.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    How do you get Froslass

In the title. How do you get Froslass (is that right?). Been wondering for a while

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    ev training

if i give a pokemon exp share and i go battle a pokemon and get the points r they spil between them or do they both get the full amout of points?

Years
    Pal Park Eggs

I was just wondering, as you can transfer any Pokémon across Pal Park, does this include eggs? And if it does, what level do they hatch at, as it has always been evel 5 until D/P, which is now level 1?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back