• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    I'm afraid with Pokesav, it can be almost impossible to tell if it is hacked. Is it in a Pokeball?

My suggestion is to go with the trade, put it on PBR, and if it turns into a bad egg, it's hacked. But the risk of him running off with the trade is present.
    Yeah, it's in a normal PokeBall.

And I don't have PBR. The guy I'm trading with though might have used the "Encounter Shiny Pokemon" AR code when he started the game.

@ bludycomicsinc - I'm trading with a friend of mine from another site. I'm giving him my legitimate Shiny Scizor which is one of my only 3 shiny Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    xor the personnal value with the trainer id / sid

If the result < 8 so it is maybe not hacked.

You need a way to get your save on your computer, though.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Yeah, it's in a normal PokeBall.

And I don't have PBR. The guy I'm trading with though might have used the "Encounter Shiny Pokemon" AR code when he started the game.

@ bludycomicsinc - I'm trading with a friend of mine from another site. I'm giving him my legitimate Shiny Scizor which is one of my only 3 shiny Pokemon.

My brother has used the "Wild Shiny Encounter" Code with a Gameshark on R/S/E and it doesn't affect the starter Pokemon or Legendaries that you need to press A to battle them. I'm not sure if he could've used a different code to change it but if it was found in Pallet Town, it should be OK (except from Pokesav).

And if you're trading your legit Shiny Scizor, you could GTS cloning it, so there's no possibility of a loss in the trade, unless you're against cloning.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    My brother has used the "Wild Shiny Encounter" Code with a Gameshark on R/S/E and it doesn't affect the starter Pokemon or Legendaries that you need to press A to battle them. I'm not sure if he could've used a different code to change it but if it was found in Pallet Town, it should be OK (except from Pokesav).

And if you're trading your legit Shiny Scizor, you could GTS cloning it, so there's no possibility of a loss in the trade, unless you're against cloning.
    Thanks for the help :)

So what you're saying is that when your brother used the "Wild Shiny Encounter" code on a Rayquaza or a Torchic or something, he captured it and there was no way to tell if it's hacked?

I might clone the Scizor. Good idea.

Now I'm beginning to think that the Squirtle is hacked though, because you can't leave Oak's lab without battling Gary (or Red, whatever you want to call him) and when you win your starter gets to Lv. 6.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Thanks for the help :)

So what you're saying is that when your brother used the "Wild Shiny Encounter" code on a Rayquaza or a Torchic or something, he captured it and there was no way to tell if it's hacked?

Not exactly, he used the code and all Pokemon became shiny except for the starters and legendaries like Rayquaza.

[Mushroom said:
    ]Now I'm beginning to think that the Squirtle is hacked though, because you can't leave Oak's lab without battling Gary (or Red, whatever you want to call him) and when you win your starter gets to Lv. 6.

*slaps forehead*

It totally slipped my mind, when I successfully SRed for a Shiny Mudkip, you have to beat May before you can recieve a Pokeball and catch 5 more pokemon to migrate. So the minimum level you can have it is 6, which is the same level my Mudkip is. So you're right, it is hacked.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    [Mushroom said:
    ]Now I'm beginning to think that the Squirtle is hacked though, because you can't leave Oak's lab without battling Gary (or Red, whatever you want to call him) and when you win your starter gets to Lv. 6.

Not true. He could have lost the battle by only using Tail Whip or something to make it UT. Remember, you don't HAVE to win the battle against Gary. It only slightly alters his team of Pokemon later in the game. Same thing if you win, it only alters his team.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    If you lose against Gary it remains at level 5...

And there is no way to tell if a Pokémon is hacked or not if the infos are correct without check it with an hexadecimal editor or a program like legit checker.

And even with checking you can't be 100 % sure that the Pokémon isn't "hacked".
    A Pokémon perfectly made via an hex editor or other stuff is not detectable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Does anyone know where a guide is to: How natures affect your pokemon, which pokemon makes a good team, which natures should be used for a certain pokemon, which moves should you teach a certain pokemon, and how to EV train?

I'm trying to get into competetive battling, but I won't be able to unless I know all of this

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Does anyone know where a guide is to: How natures affect your pokemon, which pokemon makes a good team, which natures should be used for a certain pokemon, which moves should you teach a certain pokemon, and how to EV train?

I'm trying to get into competetive battling, but I won't be able to unless I know all of this

First, check the Compiled Guides. But I'll see what I can answer.

How natures affect your pokemon

Each Nature raises a stat by 10%, and lowers another stat by 10%. For example, Jolly raises Spe and lowers SAtk, Modest raises SAtk and lowers Atk, and Bold raises Def and lowers Atk. For more Natures, refer to this handy guide.

which pokemon makes a good team

This is difficult to answer, as there are a number of ways to go about team building. Some prefer offensive teams, some use the tried and true 'walls n' sweepers' teams, and still other use stall teams (although they're rarely used anymore). It's all about selecting Pokemon that do what you need them to do, and who counter what you need to counter. Just remember to keep things balanced- keep your team as varied as possible, so you aren't completely wrecked by every Pokemon ever. Check Smogon for a resource of Pokemon.

which natures should be used for a certain pokemon

If you understand your Pokemon, and understand natures, this should be easy. For starters, let's say you have Gengar. He has a good Speed and SAtk going for him, so avoid -Spe and -SAtk natures. Looking at his stats, you can see his Speed needs the largest boost- he isn't bulky, so he doesn't like being outsped. Of his stats, you can see that his Atk will be used the least, so Gengar won't miss it if it's gone. So, go with a +Spe, -Atk nature: Timid! Of course, a Pokemon's Nature should depend on the set it runs (for example, Choice Scarf Gengar runs Modest for the added power).

which moves should you teach a certain pokemon

It depends on what you want that Pokemon to do. Generally, though, you want to cover as many types as possible- although packing a specific move for a specific Pokemon isn't always a bad idea (there's a reason why everything carries Ice Beam or Hidden Power [ICE])

how to EV train

Compiled Guides, yo. Don't worry, it;s easy to understand.

Daniel A.

PokePower!
    Years
    Why are there two guys blocking my way in the fight area to go to the road of challenges when I need to get super rod? Is there another way to get super rod?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Why are there two guys blocking my way in the fight area to go to the road of challenges when I need to get super rod? Is there another way to get super rod?

The guys are blocking your way because you don't have the national pokedex, if you have seen all 150 pokemon in sinnoh (which is possible if you battled all the trainers, and then go to the three caves and cynthia's grandmother) then you see Prof Rowan and he upgrades it, then you should be able to pass no problems.

Although I think the Super Rod is near where the boat lands in the Fight Area, oh well I can't really remember that far back

Not true. He could have lost the battle by only using Tail Whip or something to make it UT. Remember, you don't HAVE to win the battle against Gary. It only slightly alters his team of Pokemon later in the game. Same thing if you win, it only alters his team.

Interesting, I had no idea that it changes his team around if I lose, hmm perhaps that could make my Leaf Green re-run more fun to play

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
    life orb?

how much does the life orb really power up ur moves by?
    cuz it just takes away some of my HP every turn, but i dont feel as if its improving anything at all =(

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    Angelic Diablo said:
    Interesting, I had no idea that it changes his team around if I lose, hmm perhaps that could make my Leaf Green re-run more fun to play

I don't know if it changes in the later versions any more, but it used to in Yellow (R/B?). I remember reading it in my guide.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back