• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • Breeding

ok im trying to breed dittos for IVs

and the old man said

"the two pokemon prefer to play with other pokemon than with each other."

will they have an egg?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • ok im trying to breed dittos for IVs

and the old man said

"the two pokemon prefer to play with other pokemon than with each other."

will they have an egg?

when the old man says that then there is 0% chance of garnering an egg. the most likely problem is that the 2 pokémon in the daycare are in different egg groups. see here if you have any questions about your 2 pokes. (also a pokémon that hatched from the other will not breed)

Years
  • here's a ditto breeding question.
    does the other poke left in the daycare with ditto have to be female?
    Could I leave a male buizel in the daycare with ditto and get a baby buizel?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • yes that will work. ditto is an opposite poke. it will become the opposite of whatever you put in.
    ei: you put in a male pikachu, ditto transforms into a female pikachu while in the day care.
    however to get the best stats it's best to not use ditto but rather use another poke of the same species.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • The trainers' Pokemon will always be the same as before. I believe the only difference is that their Pokemon may be at a higher level the next time you battle them.

Nope, the chances of hatching your Shiny Magikarp will not be affected.

Good luck with hatching your Shiny Magikarp.

Thank you. :) Now I can get ready for a fun battle me and someone were going to have without it interfering with my hatching plans.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • I have a bunch of questions on EV. So I'm at iron island killing Gravelors level 27-32. So far my pokemon has Pokerus and a power belt and I hear hat gravelors give 2 EVs. And I hear you can have a total of 510 EVs and 252 per stat. Is that true? And if I have pokerus, power belt, and killing gravelors. How much EV will I get per gravelor? And I gave 10 vitamins for defence which I am trying to raise. So I hear that vitamins give 10 EVs each is that true? And is 1 EV equaled to 1 stat point? I killed about a total of 39 gravelors I think I killed more but a crappy and extremely certain estimate. Can a pro at EV answer this?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • So far my pokemon has Pokerus and a power belt and I hear that gravelors give 2 EVs.
    Correct.

And I hear you can have a total of 510 EVs and 252 per stat. Is that true?
    Yes; however, you could have 255 in one stat, but this isn't recommended as explained later.
    And if I have pokerus, power belt, and killing gravelors. How much EV will I get per gravelor?
    12 EV points.

So I hear that vitamins give 10 EVs each is that true? And is 1 EV equaled to 1 stat point?
    True, but you must feed a pokemon vitamins when it is untouched, or it has not battled before. When you feed it 10 of the same vitamin, it equals 100 EV points in that stat.

And is 1 EV equaled to 1 stat point?
    No. Roughly 4 EV points equal a stat point, so if you have 252 EV points in one stat, overall it would be boosted by 63 points when the pokemon is at level 100.

I killed about a total of 39 gravelors I think I killed more but a crappy and extremely certain estimate. Can a pro at EV answer this?
    That's overkill, and you now have 255 EV points in Defense. It's not really a problem, but keep in mind that 255/4=63.75 and it is rounded down to 63, so you end up losing those 3 extra EV points which could have gone to another stat.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I have a question about a glameow. If a glameow has limber, if it evolves will it have thick fat or will it have own tempo? or if it has own tempo when it evolves will it keep that or change to thick fat or is all of this random?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hmm how about if I didn't use the power belt? And just stuck with the PKRS and gravelor

That would give you 4 EV points. It's faster to just attach the Power Belt though.

Btw, feel free to check out this if you want to see the combos near the bottom of the first post.

I have a question about a glameow. If a glameow has limber, if it evolves will it have thick fat or will it have own tempo? or if it has own tempo when it evolves will it keep that or change to thick fat or is all of this random?

I'm inclined to say that:
    Limber > Thick Fat
    Own Tempo > Own Tempo

However, I've heard of cases where a pokemon's ability may sometimes change between evolutions. I've never personally seen this, but if you happen to get an undesired ability, either try turning off the game to try again or you may have to catch/breed a new one.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Really??? Wow Pokerus is so cheap.

Correct.

Yes; however, you could have 255 in one stat, but this isn't recommended as explained later.

12 EV points.

True, but you must feed a pokemon vitamins when it is untouched, or it has not battled before. When you feed it 10 of the same vitamin, it equals 100 EV points in that stat.

No. Roughly 4 EV points equal a stat point, so if you have 252 EV points in one stat, overall it would be boosted by 63 points when the pokemon is at level 100.

That's overkill, and you now have 255 EV points in Defense. It's not really a problem, but keep in mind that 255/4=63.75 and it is rounded down to 63, so you end up losing those 3 extra EV points which could have gone to another stat.

o_O wow so much correct grammar and mathematical skills for 12 year old. When I saw this reply I thought you were like 17 or 18. But that is cool, so anyways Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • ZAPDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone give me a step-by-step details on how to get Zapdos to
    have the strongest HP-ice possible on Diamond, Pearl & Platinuim?
    (I'm really bad at getting the right Hidden power.....& keep in mind that I don't have anyone to help me with this in person...)
    If this is in the wrong board, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Are you asking by legitimate means? If so, there's no way to actually do it- just soft-reset until he has an acceptable HP Ice. If you plan to Pokesav, just look up what the IVs are for HP Ice 70.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • Question!

does it matter what lvl you begin to EV you poke?

but as long as it has no EV already right?

so in theory you could EV a lvl 58 so long as to clear its EVs using berries right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back