• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie confirmed!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I doubt there's a relation between Avalugg and Volcanion and Klefki and Hoopa. There's nothing to suggest any link between those Pokemon (unless you have information you'd like to share).

My ideas are that Volcanion is an attempt at creating an living geothermal power plant (or was born from a geothermal power plant, much like how Voltorb/Electrode is theorized to have been accidentally created at a PokeBall factory), while Hoopa is related to the Lumiose ghost girl.

And maybe Carbinks worship Diancie.

my hope is that Diancie has an ability that while in your party (and if there's at least 1 open slot) occasionally after battle a carbink will just appear in the open slot. (like a queen spawning drones. I've always wanted a pokemon that splits off like that!)

But why would Hoopa have any relation to the ghost girl? (I'm asking sincerely because I don't see any possible relation between anything, not what she says, not what hoop looks like, nothing. It just seems like a random pairing that I'm just not getting)

Years
    It sais that he is a " sudden transformation " & that carbink gather to it but it doesn't take heed to paying them any attention or something like that, not just the dex entry serebii also has information
    Gonna copy and paste it for the thread
    "
    It also states that it was a sudden transformation of the Pokémon Carbink, and that its body is said to be the loveliest sight in the world. Groups of Carbink tend to gather around Diancie, but Diancie pays them little heed and acts only according to its own will
    "
    - serebii

Text on the new movie
    The story is set in Diamond Ore Country, of which Diancie is the princess.This is a country located deep underground, where the Pokémon Carbink live together in peace. The energy source of this country is a giant diamond called the Sacred Diamond, which can only be created by princess Diancie. However, the current princess doesn't yet possess the power to create such a diamond, and the current Sacred Diamond's power is soon going to run out, which would result in the end of the country. Diancie meets up with Ash and Pikachu, and set off together with them to search for the legendary Pokemon Xerneas, which possesses sacred power, but on the way, they find the cocoon where the Destruction Pokémon, Yveltal, who was said to have once destroyed life in Kalos, lies in wait.
    - serebii

Speculation time I guess.
    I'm pretty sure you will never be able to evolve a car ink to diancie though. It really wouldn't be a legendary.
    Nor do I think you can transform car ink into diancie, if that was the case diancies name would be carbink ( diamond princess form ) or something like that, and it would not have two slots in the dex listing

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    my hope is that Diancie has an ability that while in your party (and if there's at least 1 open slot) occasionally after battle a carbink will just appear in the open slot. (like a queen spawning drones. I've always wanted a pokemon that splits off like that!)

But why would Hoopa have any relation to the ghost girl? (I'm asking sincerely because I don't see any possible relation between anything, not what she says, not what hoop looks like, nothing. It just seems like a random pairing that I'm just not getting)

Tbh, my reasoning for relating Hoopa to the ghost girl is pretty weak: its that they're both ghosts. I just really want an explanation for that chick.

That ability for Diancie would be cool, up until you have a mountain of Carbinks on your hands. Though a more plausible one might be that it powers up Carbinks, or that Carbinks power it up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I'm glad that Carbink and Diance are related. Otherwise, I wouldn't have liked Diance that much as it looks like a different Pokemon for no reason, however, it is actually related which is cool. I can imagine Diance like the queen Carbink or something like that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm glad that Carbink and Diance are related. Otherwise, I wouldn't have liked Diance that much as it looks like a different Pokemon for no reason, however, it is actually related which is cool. I can imagine Diance like the queen Carbink or something like that.

It is in fact the queen Carbink:

Text on the new movie
    The story is set in Diamond Ore Country, of which Diancie is the princess.This is a country located deep underground, where the Pokémon Carbink live together in peace.

Assuming the we can use stuff in the anime for the games for this topic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    It is in fact the queen Carbink:

Assuming the we can use stuff in the anime for the games for this topic.

Seems pretty safe to assume that this is the case then. Unless this is one in particular Diance, and the others aren't treated this way, then this is what Diance is.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    From what the trailer says it's the Princess of Carbink... so that's neat. I think it looks cool, though i have to say the bolder that makes up her lower half is more then a little off putting. I do like that it's a Physical attacker, rock is one of my favorite type and they don't really have anyone with a really solid Sp.def. Diance is a fairy, so Sp.def is a givin, and we really only have a handful of physical fairies. (Mawhile, Surfpluff, and the Marril family, that might be all of them)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You guys are taking the words too seriously...

Carbink are drawn to Diancie, yes. They aren't directly related other than a Diancie is a mutation of a Carbink. Carbink's data says it can't evolve so this is a similar case of Alomomola and Luvdisc. Only difference this time is the history of Diancie.

While she isn't a Carbink, she mutated from one. Since this is irregular, the others treat her as if she's special, typical mindset of those of more simplistic barbaric natures.

She's not literally a queen or princess. Its a title to that specific Diancie for that area beause of the history the anime is giving her for the story. Anime one sounds a lot less *****y than the game version who apparently ignores the Carbink's attention.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
    So it does have a connection to Carbink, then? There was that resemblance right from the start, not to mention the shared typing, so... I can imagine if it's breedable, you'll be able to breed Carbink from it, but the Carbink won't be able to evolve back into Diancie.

There's also the speculation that it's connected to the Anistar Sundial, but I don't know about that one... they do both have pink crystals, but that's about all they have in common. Will probably have to wait for the event to work that one out.

It is really cute, that aside, and I don't mind it starring in the movie. Diamond Ore Country still reminds me of Naruto though...

Years
    This is actually the one that I liked of the 3.. it's like Queen Carbink or something. I can dig it. I just hope when they implement it, it's something you can catch yourself so you can give it a nickname or something..

Years
    So it does have a connection to Carbink, then? There was that resemblance right from the start, not to mention the shared typing, so... I can imagine if it's breedable, you'll be able to breed Carbink from it, but the Carbink won't be able to evolve back into Diancie.

There's also the speculation that it's connected to the Anistar Sundial, but I don't know about that one... they do both have pink crystals, but that's about all they have in common. Will probably have to wait for the event to work that one out.

It is really cute, that aside, and I don't mind it starring in the movie. Diamond Ore Country still reminds me of Naruto though...

I think, and I might be reading into too much but, that it will be connected to the reflection cave rather than anistar... why because it said carbink are drawn to it, and reflection cave is the only place to find carbink, carbinks text said that they are born underground and lay dormant for thousands? Millions? ( I can't remember ) of years til they surface and are sometime found by cave explorers, or something like that.
    So maybe the rare amount of carbink in kalos is only the ones that surfaced... I am hoping for map expansion so any theory ( while some might get cray cray ) is gonna be me trying to figure a way that in. Here's my theory... or what I wish would happen...
    The beautiful light at the hidden most part of reflection cave where you get one of the mega stones. Maybe it is marking a treasure, like an x on a map. Maybe there is a sub cavern that only opens up when the light shines through a certain item, revealing a deeper dungeon totally populated by carbink ( and maybe steelix, sableye, etc. ) at the end of this dungeon diancie will be there. That would explain the uncommon amount of carbink in reflection cave: they are the few that surfaced, the rest are deeper down hidden staying close to diancie.
    NOTE: BEFORE CRITICISM, THIS IS MORE OF AN IMAGINATIVE WANT THAN A FEASIBLE THEORY.
    anyways I can't wait to get my diancie
    Happy valentines day & cheers

Years
    I am very very relieved that Carbink has been confirmed to have some relation to Diancie through this reveal. The similarities were too similar for their not to be a connection.

As for other possible connections I briefly listed, I will explain a bit.

I listed Avalugg for Volcanion simply because it seems most likely, if I had to choose a pokemon that underwent a mutation or shared some common ancestry. They have similar body shapes and the divergence of ice to steam body doesn't seem like too far of a stretch if extreme environment changes took place transforming H20 from a solid to gaseous state. But again, I don't 100% or 50% think this is a connection, it just is possible that the other Legendaries also underwent some freak mutation at the same time from some sort of event.

Hoopa, the closest this generation would be klefki, but, again, it's a stretch. I just went with that klefki since they have vaguely similar aesthetics (klefki is a hoop without its keys, thus "hoop"a the"Mischief Pokemon...that gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place." Perhaps a klefki unlocked an ability to not just use it's ring/hoop for storing it's valuables, and instead harnessed an ability to teleport valuables. Also, the prankster/magician abilities could relate to the psychic hoopa abilities. Perhaps in death/ascension a klefki's abilities transformed. The type change would be the most difficult part to explain, but it is possible.

I like these three legendaries, and they all seem connected to energy, thus, it's fun to speculate if all three underwent "energy" transformations. High pressure carbon (Diance), high temperature variation (Volcanion), death (Hoopa).

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I am very very relieved that Carbink has been confirmed to have some relation to Diancie through this reveal. The similarities were too similar for their not to be a connection.

As for other possible connections I briefly listed, I will explain a bit.

I listed Avalugg for Volcanion simply because it seems most likely, if I had to choose a pokemon that underwent a mutation or shared some common ancestry. They have similar body shapes and the divergence of ice to steam body doesn't seem like too far of a stretch if extreme environment changes took place transforming H20 from a solid to gaseous state. But again, I don't 100% or 50% think this is a connection, it just is possible that the other Legendaries also underwent some freak mutation at the same time from some sort of event.

Hoopa, the closest this generation would be klefki, but, again, it's a stretch. I just went with that klefki since they have vaguely similar aesthetics (klefki is a hoop without its keys, thus "hoop"a the"Mischief Pokemon...that gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place." Perhaps a klefki unlocked an ability to not just use it's ring/hoop for storing it's valuables, and instead harnessed an ability to teleport valuables. Also, the prankster/magician abilities could relate to the psychic hoopa abilities. Perhaps in death/ascension a klefki's abilities transformed. The type change would be the most difficult part to explain, but it is possible.

I like these three legendaries, and they all seem connected to energy, thus, it's fun to speculate if all three underwent "energy" transformations. High pressure carbon (Diance), high temperature variation (Volcanion), death (Hoopa).

Actually now that I read your post I really think that this could be true. Both Volcanion and Hoopa share some connection to Avalugg and Klefki and it would be a nice twist though that all three of those event legendaries would be mutated versions from other Pokémon. Plus it could open new doors in the future games.

Personally I feel that Diancie will be more or less connected to Anistair City because even in the upcoming movie Diancie is connected to the crazy ass big diamond in the movie that somehow protects something or something. And I don't see it hanging out with Carbinks. Like, if I were to mutate into the prettiest ***** in the game I would spend time with losers. :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    Well there you have it. When I saw this recently I just thought "I gotta get me one of these".

Years
    Wow, that definitely looks like an interesting design. Of course I'd expect at least one new legendary to be Fairy type, considering all the hype that's been put into it.

Back