• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone have any luck getting a shiny starter yet?

Years
  • I heard a lot of people on different internet platforms were going to soft-reset in order to get a shiny starter. Personally, I don't have the patience for it.

I mean, come on, you've waited ages for the game and now you're going to wait a few more days while resetting it continuously? Granted a few days more won't hurt that much and it might be a few hours instead of days, but still.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I saw a comment on a thread somewhere saying the starters that are given to you in Sun & Moon can't be shiny and soft resetting won't work on them, you can only breed them for shinies. Could be false, but with that painfully long cutscene you go through between picking the starter & being able to check its sprite/stats it doesn't seem worth it. I would kill for a shiny Litten though. Shiny Incineroar looks amazing.

Years
  • I saw a comment on a thread somewhere saying the starters that are given to you in Sun & Moon can't be shiny and soft resetting won't work on them, you can only breed them for shinies. Could be false, but with that painfully long cutscene you go through between picking the starter & being able to check its sprite/stats it doesn't seem worth it. I would kill for a shiny Litten though. Shiny Incineroar looks amazing.

Seriously? I didn't know they were shiny locked.. Thats would suck really bad though.

I just found this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3t3upGaZU I guess it's possible then?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    They aren't Shiny Locked but I find it extremely wasteful to SR for a Shiny starter. You can spend a few days up to weeks SR for a Shiny starter, or you can spend a few days to beat the game and increase your odds of getting one by breeding. Of course breeding is the better option as you can choose the Nature and you should be at least four times as likely of getting the Shiny.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I would rather breed for a shiny starter. This is coming from someone who loves shiny Rowlet to pieces. It's more important for me to play the game than to have certain gender/nature/or shiny.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    They aren't Shiny Locked but I find it extremely wasteful to SR for a Shiny starter. You can spend a few days up to weeks SR for a Shiny starter, or you can spend a few days to beat the game and increase your odds of getting one by breeding. Of course breeding is the better option as you can choose the Nature and you should be at least four times as likely of getting the Shiny.

Yes it would suck if you had to wait a week before you could start playing the game. I can speak from experience.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    i don't think i'll SR for a shiny starter, though they're not locked cause i saw some ppl get one. i don't think i'll even sr for a specific gender, i really just want to take my pokemon as they come in this game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    I couldn't believe my eyes! I still cannot believe my eyes!! I am so excited to play through! Thinking of starting my Moon now just to try get a shiny Rowlet! But I think I won't test my luck just yet with Moon and try and evolve this shiny Litten. Will keep you guys posted, so excited!!

I couldn't believe my eyes! I still cannot believe my eyes!! I am so excited to play through! Thinking of starting my Moon now just to try get a shiny Rowlet! But I think I won't test my luck just yet with Moon and try and evolve this shiny Litten. Will keep you guys posted, so excited!!

Just evolved!

Just evolved!

Shiny Incineroar!!

Attachments

• Did anyone have any luck getting a shiny starter yet?
      IMG_1302.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 12
    • Did anyone have any luck getting a shiny starter yet?
      IMG_1348.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 8
    Last edited by a moderator:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I'm already impatient and eagerly waiting to get my Moon, so I very likely won't have the patience for soft resetting. I also like Incineroar better with its original coloring so having it as a shiny wouldn't be necessary to me. Not to mention that I don't really have the patience for shiny hunting in general either.

Shiny Incineroar!!
    Congratulations, you're incredibly lucky! I like how festive he looks with those white stripes. ^_^

Back