• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DId You Even Finish The Game?

Years
  • I know Altairis already mentioned the Delta Episode, but I thought it was worthwhile. Even though most of the way is basically just going to different locations while you spam A and fend off some Team Magma/Aqua opponents, the climax of it is just awesome.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I might move my breeding there, if I can manage to finish the game and complete the PokéDEX again. I have quite a bunch of Pokémon in bank, most legendaries, so it should be easier this time around. I really like May's sprite. That's really all that's motivating me to do anything.

The lack of post-game is very discouraging, though.

Will try to get another badge tonight... Maybe. Hm.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Honestly, I stopped playing right before battling Wallace :T

I'll probably finish up soon, it was just that the game lacked any kind of difficulty, so I lost interest after I caught Kyogre ;_;

Years
  • It's a bit on the off-putting side, because I heard that they said there was going to be some massive post-game that was coming, but without the Battle Frontier, I think that was what a lot of people were really turned off by since they only had the Battle Resort and legendaries. And without much to do other than what XY had beyond the DexNav and mirage spots, I can understand why people don't like it.

Years
  • I thought it lived up to the hype, and I tried to make it last a few weeks to enjoy it more, but finished within a month or two of its release. I didn't mind the difficulty, actually. Maybe that's because of my team choices, haha d:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Id have loved it to be harder (gyms and elite 4 are stupidly easy) but i think with any pokemon game its what you choose to do after the story that makes or breaks the game as basically theres not a lot of content within the game itself.

Fill pokedex
    Breed your perfect pokemon and raise to 100

Im currently working on the second of the above in ORAS then ill be going back to play X to finish the top option. After that...who knows. I may try out some battling or more breeding for double/triple teams.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    When I first heard about Pokemon ORAS, I was super hyped. Especially with some of my favorite Pokemon getting megas, like Altaria.
    Once I got it, I'd get really distracted with smaller things like the dexnav or wonder trading, taking my time with everything and enjoying it since that's how I like to play Pokemon games. I hate speeding through them, I did speed through Emerald years ago and now it's not memorable for me anymore.
    Paused for maybe a week or 2 at a gym and stopped playing, might have been the middle of the game. I officially completed it sometime in December, like a month after I got it lol.
    The Delta episode wasn't that appealing to me.

I feel like the older I get, the less interest I have in these games or maybe they're just getting too repetitive or stale for me now. I can tell that many others might feel this way too without even realizing it. But I guess it depends on the person too. I just hope someday Pokemon can do something really unique, I'm not a fan of remakes in general anyway.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • The Delta Episode is really lonnnngggg. I didn't do it, but my boyfriend has twice now and God it's drawn out. Right at the beginning they won't shut up LOL Honestly 5-10min of just "B" "B" "B" "Hold B to go Faster" BBBBBBB!!!

I have so much homework, too, that there's no way I can focus on touching the thing :pink_frown:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Yep, I finished my Ruby game

Took me a few years to puzzle out the Regi though (First time I ever used the internet to find something out about pokemon)

Ruby holds the title of being the first pokemon game where...

I ever got a pokemon to level 100 (Rayquaza)
    Solo'd the Elite Four with one Pokemon (Rayquaza)
    Played the game with each starter (Mudkip: Easy; Torchic: Medium; Treecko: Hard)

Alas, I lost my cartridge during one of my moves, which is a shame, so I was looking forward to playing the remakes...and got saddled with Alpha Sapphire

*sigh*

Why does Sapphire have Lotad? Should've been in Ruby...

I love your signature! I just signed up do you have any idea why mine isn't showing? do you have to do a certain number of posts first?

Years
  • I do want to mention, that although there were a lot of spam A+B parts of the game like Generation V and XY did, I think it works because there was a lot more involvement in the game based on Team Magma/Aqua and the rivals, so that's one of the biggest things that made it different was a more expanded adventure than the originals had.

Years
  • I felt like the story was a bit too dry. (for a place that has 'too much water') xD
    The idea of Team Magma and Aqua about their special motives has a ton of potential.
    I don't think it was executed the best. So I feel like the game gets boring because of that.

But if you finish the pokemon league for the first time, the delta episode is the best story driven thing I've seen in the games. And that's the 'new content'
    And I just hope pokemon keeps growing towards that direction. ^_^

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The Delta Episode is really lonnnngggg. I didn't do it, but my boyfriend has twice now and God it's drawn out. Right at the beginning they won't shut up LOL Honestly 5-10min of just "B" "B" "B" "Hold B to go Faster" BBBBBBB!!!

I have so much homework, too, that there's no way I can focus on touching the thing :pink_frown:
    agree; it's almost like GameFreak's attempt at an ORAS post-game was a rehash of the same tedious intro to.. just about every Ranger game ever

TheGhosteon

Geeeetttt dunked on!!
    Years
  • I feel like I'm the only person who loved ORAS and has no complaints, other than no Battle Frontier, and even that's not really a big issue for me. I had Emerald when I was younger, so maybe it's because I didn't experience the originals. Either way, I did finish both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and enjoyed both of them a lot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Finished the game + delta episode in 2 weeks. After that, I transferred the legends I have on my X then stopped playing. I intended to have a living dex but I got bored halfway through that I just played it for the sake of finishing it. I don't know if it was the game itself that I got bored of or something else. When I had X, I played it for months; I even completed the national dex. I think there's nothing major of a difference in ORAS that motivated me to play longer than I should've.

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
    Years
  • I beat the game two days after I got it on christmas.
    -
    -
    -
    It's safe to say I enjoyed the game. I don't see why everyone is saying it's worse than X/Y, that it's stale, or how it ruined their childhood. The minute I saw those R/S graphics in the beginning and that pang of nostalgia hit I was hooked. Stepping out of that van, I was prepared for the adventure of a lifetime.
    And what an adventure it was.
    The first pokemon game I actually played was Emerald, so it was really different for me. I loved it. Seeing some of my favorite Gen 3 pokemon in 3D was amazing. So yeah-- I finished the game. And I enjoyed it every step of the way.

Years
  • It took me about a week to beat it. I loved the free roam with latias and latios and the intro to the game was a huge plus, but other than that I think I got way over hyped about it. Would have to say enjoyed playing X and Y a lot more. Its always fun to play remakes and relive the old games tho!!

Years
  • I finished Alpha Sapphire; it was interesting, even if wordy at times, and this "upgraded" third-gen is on par with the Ruby I played as a kid. And, well, I beat the game for the Delta Episode, if nothing else.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I bought Alpha Sapphire on release day and haven't progressed past Fortree. For awhile it was because I didn't want to progress any further without finalizing my party, but I've now done so and have even levelled them all appropriately. I've been going back and playing my older Pokemon games a ton, mostly just collecting trade fodder for the GTS. I'm not sure why, but I just don't really feel like playing AS. :x

~Psychic

Back