• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever get a female starter or Eeveelution?

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I dont know why, but I ALWAYS happen to start off with a Female starter the first time I try...

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • I have had multiple female starters/Eeveelutions.
    My current starter on SS is a female Meganium.
    On Platinum, I have a female Glaceon.
    There's alot more, so...
    Cyndaquil, Totodile, Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Torchic, Piplup, Vaporeon and Umbreon.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Almost never. I once had a female Charmander but ended up restarting that file. Other than that no. As I have no Eeveelutions.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I don't normally soft-reset for a female starter or Eevee, however I do have a shiny Blaziken on Pokemon Emerald currently. ^^ I have also had other female starters. I don't really care what gender they are as I just breed them with Dittos anyway, so it doesn't really matter. XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I had a female Umbreon in my first Hg game :) in my current game I have a female Bayleef :D I haven't had a female starter for quite a while since my female Totodile in Crystal I think :)

I also got a female Snorlax without S/R in my last HG game, 12.5%, pretty sweet :D

Years
  • Of course i got female Eevee, mainly because of that I wanted to have more Eevees :c. About the starter? Yes I got female starters as well, but I wasn't paying attention to it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • lemmesee...
    Oshawott/Osha - Japanese White
    Tepig/Lila - English White
    Charmander/Ember - FireRed
    Squirtle/Aqua - FireRed run 2
    Umbreon/UMBREON - Diamond trade to HG
    Vaporeon/VAPOREON - Pearl i think.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • I just want to know if you got an Eeveelution or starter that was female?

I had a female Jolteon in SoulSilver.

Several female starters in SS (Totodile, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, Swampert and Marshtomp)

I even have a female Lucario in that game as well.

So give me your opinions!

I have had a Female Flareon+Espeon,No female starters as of yet,also my most trusted partner is also a female Lucario but is there a low chance of getting a female Lucario (or riolu) if there is than I was not aware of it.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Not really, no. On Pokémon Yellow, I discovered I had a female Pikachu (which was awesome because I'd totally been going for that) and in Silver I once had a female Typhlosion. Both games have since been deleted though.

My sister, on the other hand, is prone to getting female Pokémon, especially Eevee. She got a female Mudkip in Ruby and a female Panpour (which while isn't a starter, has a high male-to-female ratio) without soft-resetting.

Actually, funnily enough. I have three sisters and on their first playthroughs on R/S/E respectively, they each got a female starter - Mudkip, Treecko and Torchic. The sister who got the Treecko wanted a male starter though so she restarted.

/storyofmylife

Years
  • Of course i got female Eevee, mainly because of that I wanted to have more Eevees :c. About the starter? Yes I got female starters as well, but I wasn't paying attention to it.

You can still breed lots of Eevees if you have a Ditto, though. I did that in SoulSilver to get all my Eeveelutions (only my Jolteon is female, though)

When my friend and I bought Black/White, we both got a female starter right off the bat, with no SRing or anything. It was hilarious. A 1/64 chance isn't that far-fetched, but it was unlikely enough to be amusing.

So which one: Tepig (Fire-type), Oshawott (Water-type) or Snivy (Grass-type)?

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    My first starter was my Piplup, and she was female.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I've gotten a female starter (not counting a female Chikorita which I got from a trade) several times actually:
    • Treecko (Two female Treecko, actually.)
    • Squirtle
    • Bulbasaur

I got all 5 from breeding.

As for Eevee, I've only recieved 2 females.
    Both from Bebe in Veilstone.

Years
  • I was never lucky getting female starters. Also, I recently had to breed about 20+ Eevees until I finally found a female one! No joke.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't think I've ever had a female starter at the beginning. :(

My quest for a female starter continues, I don't soft reset because I'm not that worried about it.

Years
  • Hmm I don't think I've ever had a female starter :)

The first time I played through Leaf Green (aka my current playthrough!! :D) I got a female Eevee straight off the bat and I was like "whoa!!" :D So now I have a female Vaporeon :D

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Oddly enough, When I first started my SS game, I got a female Totodile. Then I reset after beating up the first gym, since my little brother liked Cyndaquil better D:<. So, after resetting, I got a female Cyndaquil. Win? >_>. Now I just got to the E4..*shrugs* I think in SS was the first time I noticed the genders of the starters..But im pretty sure ive only ever gotten one female starter other than in SS, and that was a female Snivy on my third playthrough of White ^_^.

Back