• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • Did you use a Grass Type? If so what one and why? If not why not? If you did would you recommend it? Did you trade in a non-Sinnoh native Grass Type?
    Grass Pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokedex:
    Torterra
    Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Roserade

Wormadam (Grass Forme)

Cherrim

Carnivine

Abomasnow

(Platinum Extension)
    Leafeon

Tangrowth

Tropius

Personally I did. I've used a Torterra, Wormadam and a Cherrim. They all proved to be a great addition to my team with their support moves and Cherrim's Flower Gift.​

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I've played through a few times with Torterra, and once with Roserade.
    I never really liked Grass types all that much (I've disliked them since Gen I) but I decided to give them a shot since I really liked their designs, and they didn't disappoint.
    Torterra is probably my favorite of the two, mostly because it has such an interesting typing, but both of them do really well as far as Grass types go. Using Torterra was fun enough to make me consider starting with Snivy in B/W, so I'd definitely recommend it. :3

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    I've used Torterra, Cherrim, Roserade, and Leafeon. Gunna try out Abamosnow in Diamond as well. I could never use Carnivine though, omg. And I used Tangrowth, but it was in SoulSilver, idk why. It's a creeper following you. v_v

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I played through Diamond and Platinum with Turtwig (evolving it of course). But if you plan on using a Grass Pokemon, you'll have to give it the right support.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I've used Roserade and I've used Torterra. My personal preference of the two is actually Roserade, but Torterra's a pretty good, solid Pokemon as well.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I actually haven't. On my first and only go-through of Pearl, I used Infernape all the way, and a bit of Sneasel/Weavile.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I've never been a fan of Grass type pokemon but I definitely will be starting with Snivy(Serperior) in B/W.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I used Roserade on Diamond, which is now Level 100 & powerful :).
    I've also used Torterra which is currently Level 84
    and in Platinum I'm using Cherrim, Level 30!

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • no not really, I always thought of them as weak unless I needed them, but when Pokemon White comes out I'm going to start with Snivy, going with grass this time :D

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • The starter, torterra, i trained it all the way to level 100, because it was pretty good. I would catch some grass pokemon, but only for the pokedex, not for training

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I did my first runthrough of Diamond with Turtwig and its evo's and they was pretty fun to use, I would of picked Snivy for B&W but the fact it looses its legs just puts me off -_-

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • In the first two Gens, I never really used Grass-types.
    Now I'm using them sometimes, in Platinum I used Torterra, Abomasnow and Tangrowth.
    In this current gen, I'm using Lilligant, and Serperior in a White ROM.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I'm ridiculously attatched to my level 100 Torterra. <3 Right now I'm using Roserade and I plan to include Leafeon in a future team.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I used Torterra on my Diamond version, and I loved using it. I have strong love the grass starters :3 I have also used Tropius in a Platinum wi-fi battle. Its pretty awesome if you train it right :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I nearly always use Abomasnow in Pokemon Pearl. His typing is good, in my opinion, as there aren't exactly many Fire types in Sinnoh. He was also quite helpful against Bertha (sp?) in my most recent run.

The only other Grass type I've used from that list is Leafeon, and that was only because I wanted to try it out. :D;

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
  • I'm still playing through Platinum. I started with turtwig but then I got Leafeon which is prolly my strongest now. Also Snover will be part of my core team as soon as I can get one. I'm a water type fan but there are certain grass types that I really like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back