• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Didn't Get my figurine...

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    Lol this is why I never go to gamestop to buy games on release day. >.>

I bought mine at the target from my work and got a figurine anyway. No pre-order needed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    When I used to work at Target the extra figurines would just be given to employees that wanted them lol.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    That seems unprofessional. :x What was the deal like in stores? Did it have 'for preorders only' or 'while stocks last'? Where I work, if X number of customers preorder a game with a preorder bonus, we'll get X or more stock in of the bonus, and if it comes out before or after the game release we'd specifically call them and set it aside for them. If it was a 'preorder now while stocks last' kind of deal, you'd expect them to do a first come, first serve thing and stick the figures aside with the earliest preorders.

Maybe a store near you will sell them. Fingers crossed.

Maybe someday Australia will...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Aww, boohoo, here in the UK we have never gotten the pre-order figures for Pokémon games that the US gets.
    ...actually, we also get the figurines with the pre order. Just get it from HMV, Game or Gamestation.

This is in the wrong place, I'll move it to HG/SS for you.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I wonder if I'll get mine, because the online stock is probably bigger than the in-store ones?

Guess I'll see, hopefully soon.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I went to get my copy at HMV today, I got it alright. I got soulsilver (just picked it out randomly, couldn't decide) and I didn't realize that I would get a figurine (because I thought that would only be pre-ordered lol). They only had the Heart Gold ones so now I have a SS game and a Oh-Ho Figure.

And that sucks, because it clearly said that if you pre-order it you would get a figurine. It`s they`re job to supply it. That`s kinda losing customers and business. Have you sent a letter?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop. They didn't give me mine. The guy told me when I pre-ordered to make sure I got my figure, I asked for it, and I didn't get it. THAT's why it pissed me off.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    They are supposed to tell you that you will get your figures "*While supplies last", so that's their fault if they didn't. But if you really want that stuff, you got to pre-order early.

Think about what the company has to go through, they order a certain amount of figurines to be made depending on the amount pre-ordered. They aren't going to order any extras "Just in case", because they won't pay money for that. And after a certain date, they definitely aren't going to be ordering any extras for a small group of people that didn't get theirs, that would be a waste of money.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    They are supposed to tell you that you will get your figures "*While supplies last", so that's their fault if they didn't. But if you really want that stuff, you got to pre-order early.

Think about what the company has to go through, they order a certain amount of figurines to be made depending on the amount pre-ordered. They aren't going to order any extras "Just in case", because they won't pay money for that. And after a certain date, they definitely aren't going to be ordering any extras for a small group of people that didn't get theirs, that would be a waste of money.

Yeah, they did say while supplys last

And Techno, I think it`s cause it`s like a, how do you put it, like a collectors thing..

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    The store was already out of Lugia figurines by the time I got there to pick up my SoulSilver game, so they gave me a Ho-oh one instead. I'm pretty bummed because I really wanted to Lugia figurine, but there's always Amazon!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, when I picked up mine, and I didn't get a figurine, I asked don't I get a figurine? And the dude said only the first 50 people who pre order it get it. I'm pretty sure that you were guaranteed a figurine if you pre ordered it. I mean, why couldn't they send one figurine with each game that was pre ordered. I mean that's kinda stupid. And in the commercial they said you can pre order today and get a figurine. That commercial was released in like late feburary. I mean by then, all the figurines would be gone, so it's kinda false advertising. So this kinda pisses me off, but I'm sure I could buy it at gamestop or walmart or something in time.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I got mine :), and I pre-ordered SS 4 days before it came out. I think I only got one because 1) We have A LOT of GameStops in my city (& 2 in the mall where I got my game at), so people dispersed instead of just going to one, and 2) I got there like 10 minutes after the mall opened so I was one of the first to get my copy.

To be honest, the Lugia figurine looked MUCH better in the commercials. I mean it's nice I got it, but really I only opened the box it came in, looked at it for a minute, then put it on the self in my closet.

Years
    Man I didn't get the figurine either and I came pretty early. But I didn't ask since I just wanted to get out of there ASAP.Since I'm only 14 and my dad has to drive me to the nearest gamestop(which is in a mall).He goes out of his way to try and embarrass me whenever we pass a group of teenagers or something so I just got in and out.

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    Well it's made clear, in fine print somewhere but it's probably there, that it's while supplies last. The guy at GS even told me to come early if I wanted a figure. They were pulling them out of a big box when I got there, so it's not like they set them aside with every pre-order. It was first come first serve.

Sorry you didn't get one, but it was while supplies last.

Oh and I pre order at Gamestop cause I can put a little money down everytime I get paid. I basically paid off the game the last couple of months. :D

Back