• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Didn't You Wish For A Longer Adventure In HG&SS?

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I wish for a Pokémon game where we get to travel from Kanto to Johto to Hoenn then to Sinnoh. For the lulz. ._.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I'm happy with the length. I have 69 hours and 13 badges so far. Its gonna take a hell-of-a-long time to train to beat Red, so I'm happy with the length. GREAT game!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah, like what Ash did.

@Ashley: that'd be awesome but if anything expect it on the Wii lol.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
    I did kinda wish it was longer (I flew by all the gyms in Kanto), but nonetheless, it's an awesome game! =D I always dream of the ultimate game when they have all the regions, but then what would be the next trick up their sleeve? So, they just have to keep on squeezing the juice out of pokemon T_T

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Maybe just a little bit longer would be good, but I am overall pleased with the length. But what I would've like more than anything was if that they made major point story events in Kanto, not just the Team Rocket grunt stealing the Power Plant part - and Suicune chase.

I like how they included legendaries form the older games but Latios, Latias, Groudon,Kyroge,Raquaza,Dialga,Palkia,Girantina,Arceus? NNO!

hoboX10

World Dictator
    Years
    It would be sooooo awesome if they made a Pokemon game where you actually play as Ash and start in Pallet town (I guess like Red) but you go all the way through all 4 regions, and since it would be a Generation 5 game it could have even a 5th region. But I'd want it on the DS so it would be portable.

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
    For me, I just wish that the game was harder. I only had Typhlosion and Ampharos and Arbok as permanent team members and I beat the entire game. Then with Lugia Ho-Oh and Mewtwo I was able to beat Red when my team was in its 50's.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    there should have been trainers around Mt silver to lengthen the story a little and to help train for red.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The only way it could be better would've been possibly inserting Hoenn, but then you'd have to have Falkner under lv.10, and Lance wouldn't even hit lv.40 with his hacked Dragonite (lv.40 being the lowest it appears in the game)

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    I liked it but it felt like something was missing. It didn't quite feel "epic" at all. I, since I have
    Heartgold, felt a bit let down by the Ho-oh part since I was expecting something exciting to
    happen like a dramatic plot twist, only to be let down by some girls doing a dance and then
    Ho-oh appears and then afterwards, they didn't even say a word to me.Only when I talked to
    them myself, but it was something like a one line comment on capturing it. And the Kanto part,
    there felt like there was something missing there too, I know it was just like an "extra" but I
    think they could have at least added some kind of "mini" plot to it, something a bit more deep
    than the fact that the powerplant was broken. Ohwell, I guess I was pleased, but I do think it
    could have been a little better to make me happier with it.

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
    The initial adventure in Johto is a great length. Its short enough to make it fairly quick, but long enough and doesn't drag it on and on.

Kanto is optional, so its your own pace.

VDRS

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I think they should create a harder game aimed at an older audience. This game (Heart Gold) just seems to be the easiest yet. I walked over the elite four with Scizor swords dance, agility then a x scissor takes down anything...

It would be great if we could visit all of the regions in one game. I would like to see the orange islands as well. first post by the way hey everyone :D

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    harder yes. longer no.
    I was exhausted after 2 whole storylines, 16 gyms and what is virtually an elite 9. Now I see that the key to a successfully lengthy game is an additional region. Because Nintendo can't fit more than one epic storyline into a region without squashing it up.
    So they try to make up with crappy islands.
    Resort Area? Sorry nintendo, no.

Subject

Gardevoir Masta!
    Years
    I think it was good length , i only bought it to remember the old ones :P and looked good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    Seriously?

Also, if you included all the regions, what level would the Elite Four in the first one be? 35?

Not necesarily. They can have higher level E4's for a challenge, but they can do a different story line in the different regions. Maybe a bigger Team Rocket plot, with high level pokemon, instead of focusing on gyms. Then again, a E4 with level 100 pokemon would be a fun challenge if you had multiple regions.

I'm happy with SS/HG, but it would be cool if the game went on from Kanto.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    As I just finished SoulSilver (on a ROM, since I haven't got the game yet.. -.- - not completely finished, but i've beat all the gym leaders, beat Red, beat the Elite four again and caught these legendaries: Latios, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Lugia, Ho-Oh.) I have to say I was pretty happy with it. It was long enough in my opinion, and I was really impressed with it. Kanto pissed me off at some points though. (mainly due to the lack of storyline and ERIKA'S GYM LAYOUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :L)

However, Johto was amazing. It was just as long as I wanted it to be.

Years
    I think everyone wishes for a longer pokemon adventure, but in all fairness to nintendo HG/SS are pretty long so i am pretty satisfied.

Back