• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Didn't You Wish For A Longer Adventure In HG&SS?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Asides from legendary hunting, completing the Pokédex (which is now easier than ever), the Pokéthlon, the Safari Zone and its ever-changing layout, and the Battle Frontier, there's not much to do after you beat Red. A longer post-Red storyline would be nice, and a more difficult storyline would be fantastic (Whitney's hard enough, though, so nix that).

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • I think it's great, but who wouldn't wish for a bigger one?
    I would love every region, or better, every region and custom-generated ones that aren't a blur a pixels!
    But how can that fit on a tiny cartridge...

Years
  • i would have liked there to be just a bit more to kanto, i literally got 5 badges in one day just flying from city to city whomping on the gym leaders. i still think the orange islands would be nice, either before or after red, and having a kanto elite four as well as a johto elite four. But 16 badges, plus the little mini quests in kanto, and training/beating red makes for a pretty long game.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Asides from legendary hunting, completing the Pokédex (which is now easier than ever), the Pokéthlon, the Safari Zone and its ever-changing layout, and the Battle Frontier, there's not much to do after you beat Red. A longer post-Red storyline would be nice, and a more difficult storyline would be fantastic (Whitney's hard enough, though, so nix that).
    This is something I've seen a number of people mention, and I just don't understand it. You're basically saying there's little to do after the postgame, about which I have this question:

What was there to do after you finished the Sevii Islands in FR/LG, after you finished the Battle Zone in D/P/Pt, and after you beat the Elite Four in R/S/E? You seem to be implying that HG/SS are the only games like this, when in reality all Pokemon games are like this. I'd expect HG/SS to get more credit than it's getting for being being a fair bit longer than any other Pokemon game, with G/S/C the only ones coming close.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I wish for a Pokémon game where we get to travel from Kanto to Johto to Hoenn then to Sinnoh. For the lulz. ._.
    this ^^^.how could they join hoenn to johto? Because johto is joint to kanto in such a good way imo(adds realism)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Kanto is like a filmed hell . 0_o Lv. 8 Ratatta appeared ! Go Lv. 65 Typhlosion !
    I quite rushed this ... I've already beaten 7 Gyms and I got the game on the 2nd of April .
    The adventure is long enough (2 regions, 16 leaders, IMO), but I quite rushed ... I am currently un-rushing (does that word actually exist ) to lengthen this game .

Years
  • I agree with Chimchar 9, it would be cool with a longer adventure, since I'm not into this competetive stuff. But not like an adventure that you have to do, and then be able to "move on" in the game. I would rather have side-quests, that you can do whenever you want. Like someone mentioned earlier, the Orange Islands would be awesome =D And then a super pokemon leaugue, that have pokemon up to level 80 from all kind of regions... ='P

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Of course a longer adventure would be cool, but maybe a lot of you really need to just ration your games? I've had SoulSilver since a few days after it came out, and I haven't even beat the Elite 4 yet. It's not like I've been distracting myself with other parts of the game either, I played Voltorb Flip once, and haven't even tried the Pokethalon.

I don't know, I just don't feel satisfied after beating a game in a few days, but that's just me.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
  • I agree, they should have made it longer but they really need to work on endings, Spoiler if you havent beat pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver! Like all you do is climb Mt. Silver see Pokemon Trainer Red, Hes all like "............" You beat him hes all like ".........." (again) and like, its over, Done, Game set and match. But tghey could make things a lot longer by haveing places from the shows and movies in the games. Aswell an idea I thought of was haveing all the regions in one game and name it something like, Pokemon Saga's, Something with a catchy name, and choose between a pokemon trainer and a coordinator and have some new system for that, but you know just my idea.

*EDIT*
    Also for a longer adventure when you trade arcues over do the event in HG/SS you're at the Sinjo Ruins, A place that was said to connect Sinnoh and Johto Regions, After I did this event I thought "Maybe you can go to Sinnoh?" But you can't :( the location on the map is gone!

Last edited:

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • Sure, the games could have more content after the main storyline is finished (I always get bored with the games once I beat the Elite Four), but what would they do? Add in another region? I'm not so sure that the games could support the addition of a third region (at least on the NDS cards). It'd need to be more than just throwing in more regions to do the trick, as they would only delay the time it takes to complete the storyline and get bored. Some new gameplay mechanics could be added that would make things more exciting and keep people playing. We have Pokemon friendship values, so why not make it so that the players can romance one of the NPCs (a la Harvest Moon)? Or hell, even being allowed to set up a gym would be nice (or maybe an event where you can look over an existing gym leader's gym while they go do something), and face five or so trainers (yea, similar to the Battle Facilities, but Nintendo could change things up for this one).
    There's more that can be done with the series to make the gameplay longer, but adding new regions isn't the best of them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Well, I plowed through the game pretty fast, but I never expected to go to Kanto in the first place so that was a big surprise. I thought the game was decently long.

Besides, I intend to play this game for a while. Fill up pokedex, battle people online, train pokemon, etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I really enjoyed Heart Gold mostly because gold was my favorite game out of the series, but after only 70 hours im at red... kinda short for me....haha. Another thing is that now, when the national dex contains 493 pokemon, 150+ ill have to trade from my other games....its kinda excessive. It would be fine if they include another region or two so you can "catch them all" and just to add some more gameplay to the game.

imapirate

Unprofessional Pirate
    Years
  • For someone who isn't a Pokeaddict, I think it's a decent length. Sure they could've added couple more new stuff but they probably reserve that for the next generation which is probably going to be innovative in the Wi-Fi department (setting up your own Gym, as Maxite said, would be very possible especially over Wi-Fi). Also, you have to remember that this is a remake of an old game so they can't really change the story line or anything =/

akamichi

Back......For Now [Active]
    Years
  • mmmm sure it could of have a longer length but it turned out great it was way better than platnium or daimond.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I want more length in Kanto. No new regions and for Nintendo to use the 2Gb chip. Or the newly-made 4Gb! (I'm speaking sizes here)

EDIT: But you can catch nearly 470 guys legally, that's good.

Last edited:
    Back