• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Like I said, did I miss something? Was there some sort of official announcement that said that tri will never be dubbed in a million years?

There isn't an official statement, but it was announced that tri. will be six movies/OVAs (I keep seeing different things) rather than a full series, which significantly hurts its chances of being dubbed since it will likely take them years to release them all in Japan, which will make them too infrequent to air on TV and with Digimon not being nearly as popular as it used to be a theatrical release outside of Japan would probably flop. Saban doesn't do direct video releases as far as I know, and the fact that there still hasn't been any sort of release for the other Digimon movies that were dubbed doesn't help anything.

It may not be entirely impossible, but its chances aren't looking too good at the moment.

EDIT: They also never dubbed the last two movies, although I've read that there's some sort of licensing issue with X-Evolution, and the Savers/Data Squad movie isn't that good anyway so it's not a particularly big loss. Still, this doesn't help the tri.situation much.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Digimon Adventure Tri has a new trailer. It looks very good: those new character designs actually look great in motion. There's also new characters being introduced, it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbI

They also released this poster yesterday:

Digimon New Series 2015 !

Looks like we're going to have a battle of the Royal Guards. Interesting that this is in opposite of X-Evolution: omnimon was the bad guy and Alphamon was the good guy then, and now it looks like the roles are reversed. Also, if Alphamon is appearing, I'm wondering if other Royal Knights like Gallantmon will also appear.

Another interesting development: the first movie will be released in Japan on November 21, as originally billed, but it will go out on region-free DVD and Blu-Ray December 18.

Given the first trailer had English subs, it sounds an awful lot like the region-free version is being done so anybody anywhere can buy it, and Toei is possibly to do an English subtitle track for it. It's the only thing I can see happening TBH, given they've deliberately been hyping this up for fans in the West too.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I was just coming here to post this, lol, you won.

Anyhow, the Digimon designs are HORRIBLE. But whatever, I NEED THIS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I personally think they look just fine. If anything, I think they benefit from better shading.

Years
    Apparently they're going to be selling a limited amount of Blu-Rays at the theaters it will be showing at, so we definitely wont be waiting very long for subs.

Also:
    Spoiler:

'One Vision 2' Digimon Tamers sequel confirmed*

*not really but it probably is a nod to Tamers

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    New Teaser---

Apparently they're going to be selling a limited amount of Blu-Rays at the theaters it will be showing at, so we definitely wont be waiting very long for subs.

Also:
    Spoiler:

'One Vision 2' Digimon Tamers sequel confirmed*

*not really but it probably is a nod to Tamers

I think Tri will be the Sequel of all series !!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm wondering who those four characters are that they showed in the PV: the boy talking to Taichi, the person looking out the window at sunset, the girl wearing glasses, and there's still that person under the bridge.

Everybody still looks better than I originally thought, especially now that they're moving. I don't mind the Digimon designs. In fact, I even like this design of Gomamon more than the original animation.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Eh I find it odd saying the design of the digimon is weird- its the same core design in a new art style. They all look great from where I'm sitting :).

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    So... seems I'm the only one against the art style. I will join the foreveralone train and watch it with my mouth shut :X

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I like the art style too, lol.

The trailer was awesome. But I'm not so impressed by the new rendition of Butterfly tbh. :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I would prefer to see a Movie named Digimon Adventure 00.
    A Movie about a 10 year old Boy from an Near-Apocalyptic world who's sent back to past where he lead the *First & Original DigiDestined to change the Future.
    He & his group defeat Apocalymon , Stop an out of Control Yggdrasil , Help Homeostasis took over , Sealed a Powerful Digimon and witness the birth of Digital world.
    However at the end movie , The Protagonist came back to present where everything changed for the better but the Protagonist admit that a greater disaster coming to destroy the world.
    The Movie end with the Protagonist watching TK & Kari from afar as he prepare himself for the upcoming disaster.
    Then We get Tri Series where the New Protagonist meet Tai & others.

* The Original DigiDestined where mention by Gennai at EP053 as the Very First group DigiDestined to came to Digital World and defeated Apocalymon.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Well it's kinda implied the "original" DigiDestined were chosen by the Harmonious Ones, but there are also some contradictions they surely don't want to talk about, for example, Koromon says there were no humans before the arrival of the DigiDestined in Digimon Adventures. However that is contradicted later when Gennai states there were other DigiDestined before (I think we can trust more what Gennai says rather than a Digimon on its baby stages, but anyway lol). Also they show some kind of "silhouettes" that are basically the characters from Digimon Adventure, which is probably because they were too lazy to create new designs just for a silhouette, but makes no sense lol.

Anyhow, just wanted to comment on that, it's not a good idea with mess with the canon, fans will burn TOEI ANIMATION's headquarters down if that happens lol

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Well it's kinda implied the "original" DigiDestined were chosen by the Harmonious Ones, but there are also some contradictions they surely don't want to talk about, for example, Koromon says there were no humans before the arrival of the DigiDestined in Digimon Adventures. However that is contradicted later when Gennai states there were other DigiDestined before (I think we can trust more what Gennai says rather than a Digimon on its baby stages, but anyway lol). Also they show some kind of "silhouettes" that are basically the characters from Digimon Adventure, which is probably because they were too lazy to create new designs just for a silhouette, but makes no sense lol.

Anyhow, just wanted to comment on that, it's not a good idea with mess with the canon, fans will burn TOEI ANIMATION's headquarters down if that happens lol
    thats actually not contradictory, koromon wasn't around when the first humans where in the digital world so how would it even know that there where any before. humans weren't exactly common during that time so its not surprising many digimon would be unaware of there being a few around prior to chosen 8.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ta Taa Daaaaa , Summary of the 1st movie--
    https://great-blaster.tumblr.com/po...site-has-updated-with-both-story#tumblr_notes

Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1, "Reunion"
    It's been 6 years since Yagami Taichi and the Chosen Children went to the other world, the Digital World, in that summer adventure,
    and 3 years since Yagami Hikari and the others' last battle against BelialVamdemon.

As peaceful days continue, the gate to the Digital World closes at one point. Time passes without even the Chosen Children knowing why it has closed…
    Then, one day, a Kuwagamon suddenly appears in Odaiba. The town is destroyed and people flee in panic from its rampage. Taichi, who happens to see the Kuwagamon by chance, chases after it alone in order to stop it. But Taichi is powerless to do anything against the Kuwagamon by himself.
    "It's no good… I can't do anything on my own…"
    As Kuwagamon closes in on Taichi with a roar, his Digivice suddenly begins to glow bright–
    "Taichi, you sure got big!"
    At the sound of that familiar voice, the story turns largely once again.

Yagami Taichi, 17-years-old, high school.
    The adventure evolves once again…

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    So from the sounds of things, the Digimon were once again separated from their partners once MaloMyotismon/BelialVamdemon was defeated.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    So from the sounds of things, the Digimon were once again separated from their partners once MaloMyotismon/BelialVamdemon was defeated.
    makes you wonder if daemon got out of the dark ocean in that time-frame. and that also confirmed that their not skipping over 02 meaning even if they got separated there's still going to be a day when tai becomes a diplomat of all things...

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    so is there a sub of that yet? cause otherwise from what i can see theres not much new information presented, even the alpha vs omni fight was kinda lackluster in comparison to the one they showed last may

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back