• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
  • I just bought it today! I havent gotten a Digimon game or played a Digimon game since Digimon World 3.
    So im excited and i have heard good things about the game. So far im loving it!
    But with my daughter wanting to play with me, I leave the game on, and im still in the beginning. LOL

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Gaa this game has been pushing me to buy at least a preowned PSV just so I can play this game. I haven't played any digimon game since good old Digimon Rumble Arena 1 + 2, but ever since I've seen the character designs of a lot of the newer games (since Re:Digitize I guess) I've been itching to play the new games - especially Cyber Sleuth and upcoming Next Order.

Guess I won't be able to get this game for a while though :c no monies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I pre-ordered this game as soon as I found out about the localisation, any time I get I end up grinding away, I totally love it, the story isn't very good but the online battles and team comps make the game amazing for me. Love being able to do that.

pkmin3033

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned what absolute bollocks the online multiplayer for this is yet, it ruins the entire experience. When you're not getting a connection error - which is about 90% of the time after a five minute wait to find an opponent - you're getting hooked up to someone who immediately quits, or an AI with ridiculously overpowered low-stage Digimon. It's infuriating. And there's a 30 battle trophy associated with it. This really needs to be fixed. Now.

...yeah, I spent half the afternoon trying to get some online battles done. I got 10 done in about five hours. Somehow. Why is there always SOMETHING.

Otherwise, yes, the game is very good. Maybe I'll post something a bit more positive when I'm not fuming at the abysmally poor quality multiplayer.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I won a twitter contest for this game last week and got a copy for Vita. I'm... kinda glad I didn't purchase it at full price myself as it does have a few flaws BUT aside from my little nitpicks, I'm really enjoying it so far! I haven't paid attention to anything Digimon since the 02 dub ended here in NA but it feels really nostalgic to get back into this.

My biggest disappointment was with the Female MC's design. Apparently it's a chronic issue for the character designer but he has no freaking idea what boobs look like. I started with the girl and had to restart after about 2 minutes of gameplay because her boobs were practically at shoulder level and were so perky they were practically floating away. why. WHY. Her run cycle was also really awkward and jerky, and I also heard that the writing (or just localization?) doesn't do a good job of integrating her and assumes you're playing the boy anyway. Thankfully he looks androgynous enough that I can just pretend he's a female character for me but ugggh, I'm stupidly disappointed about this. I know it's not a huge deal and it's certainly not a game-breaker but if they're gonna give us a female character, it'd be nice if they put the bare minimum effort in... and for the love of god, 3D modellers, you didn't have to follow the character designer's concept art exactly lmfao.

My only other complaint so far is that the localization is... ehhHHHH....... You can tell they didn't QA the DigiLine responses at all since I'd estimate more than half of the replies I've been allowed to send made no sense at all. I assume they had to translate them in a spreadsheet with no clue what the prior lines were, and probably with no pronouns or anything too, so I'm not complaining about the translations themselves, but surely an editor somewhere along the line should have picked up how awkward most of them are?? It's a bit disappointing because interacting with my Digimon is super cute but I feel really weird when I send a gibberish response back, lmao... The rest of it is pretty good, from what I can tell, though.

I sound like I'm complaining a lot but the game really is fun! It's a bit of a grind but I don't even mind. I totally recommend it to anyone who likes Digimon or liked it in the past. :)

Years
  • I'm surprised nobody has mentioned what absolute bollocks the online multiplayer for this is yet, it ruins the entire experience. When you're not getting a connection error - which is about 90% of the time after a five minute wait to find an opponent - you're getting hooked up to someone who immediately quits, or an AI with ridiculously overpowered low-stage Digimon. It's infuriating. And there's a 30 battle trophy associated with it. This really needs to be fixed. Now.

...yeah, I spent half the afternoon trying to get some online battles done. I got 10 done in about five hours. Somehow. Why is there always SOMETHING.

Otherwise, yes, the game is very good. Maybe I'll post something a bit more positive when I'm not fuming at the abysmally poor quality multiplayer.

IIRC there's a patching coming to rectify that involves global matchmaking and some other stuff real soon.

That said, I don't have an opinion on this cause I'm still playing the game slowly but my other friends haven't made any mention of these, so idk.

I won a twitter contest for this game last week and got a copy for Vita. I'm... kinda glad I didn't purchase it at full price myself as it does have a few flaws BUT aside from my little nitpicks, I'm really enjoying it so far! I haven't paid attention to anything Digimon since the 02 dub ended here in NA but it feels really nostalgic to get back into this.

My biggest disappointment was with the Female MC's design. Apparently it's a chronic issue for the character designer but he has no freaking idea what boobs look like. I started with the girl and had to restart after about 2 minutes of gameplay because her boobs were practically at shoulder level and were so perky they were practically floating away. why. WHY. Her run cycle was also really awkward and jerky, and I also heard that the writing (or just localization?) doesn't do a good job of integrating her and assumes you're playing the boy anyway. Thankfully he looks androgynous enough that I can just pretend he's a female character for me but ugggh, I'm stupidly disappointed about this. I know it's not a huge deal and it's certainly not a game-breaker but if they're gonna give us a female character, it'd be nice if they put the bare minimum effort in... and for the love of god, 3D modellers, you didn't have to follow the character designer's concept art exactly lmfao.

My only other complaint so far is that the localization is... ehhHHHH....... You can tell they didn't QA the DigiLine responses at all since I'd estimate more than half of the replies I've been allowed to send made no sense at all. I assume they had to translate them in a spreadsheet with no clue what the prior lines were, and probably with no pronouns or anything too, so I'm not complaining about the translations themselves, but surely an editor somewhere along the line should have picked up how awkward most of them are?? It's a bit disappointing because interacting with my Digimon is super cute but I feel really weird when I send a gibberish response back, lmao... The rest of it is pretty good, from what I can tell, though.

I didn't really mind the visual style too much. The same guy who did the art for the Devil Survivor games did the art for this and it's kinda the same so I didn't really care. I can see your gripes but I paid more attention to the digimon anyway.

Localization on the other hand was botched a bit. There's some quests and Digi-Line lines that are odd, such as certain questions being the right answer and the Digimon says it's wrong anyway, and some missing quests. That's getting patched out though so it's whateves. I didn't get the feeling of awkward responses too much though, I'd have to look at them again to really notice it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Even if you get a match, online is full of people that don't have variety in team compositions, lol. I'm seeing Ulforce leads and Lilithmon sweepers a majority of the time. I was ecstatic when I faced a guy with a full Royal Knights team with Alphamon as the center.

Best part of the localization was when Arata is talking about the Eaters in one chapter, he uses the word 'monster', which is bakemono in Japanese. The translator thought that Arata was referring to Bakemon, which is a legitimate Digimon. And, this persisted throughout the chapter, always saying Bakemon when it should be monster making for some amusing moments, lmao. Bamco should really give the team some context, so they're not just straight up translating individual lines and have to guess what's happening.

Localization did botch anything referring to the protagonist though. Japanese script only uses gender-neutral pronouns for the protagonist.

pkmin3033

Ugh, Ulforce leads. It seems the game already has a metagame, and Lilithmon and UlforceVeedramon are usually in the starting lineup. Although honestly, what annoys me more is when someone starts a battle with three rookies and then sends in three megas once those die...

Thank god for the random AI. I'd never get anywhere otherwise. I'm sitting at 17 wins right now. Seems to work better in the early hours.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Even if you get a match, online is full of people that don't have variety in team compositions, lol. I'm seeing Ulforce leads and Lilithmon sweepers a majority of the time. I was ecstatic when I faced a guy with a full Royal Knights team with Alphamon as the center.

Best part of the localization was when Arata is talking about the Eaters in one chapter, he uses the word 'monster', which is bakemono in Japanese. The translator thought that Arata was referring to Bakemon, which is a legitimate Digimon. And, this persisted throughout the chapter, always saying Bakemon when it should be monster making for some amusing moments, lmao. Bamco should really give the team some context, so they're not just straight up translating individual lines and have to guess what's happening.

Localization did botch anything referring to the protagonist though. Japanese script only uses gender-neutral pronouns for the protagonist.
    No, he says "Bakemon" in Japanese too, not "bakemono". I'm guessing it's supposed to be some sort of hacker lingo that's lost in translation.

Years
  • The ironic thing is that this is one of the better translations in the franchise. Despite the DigiLine, most of the things are properly translated in the actual story. And there isn't any missing content (aside from DLC, which is getting released in packs and for free).
    Also yeah, Yasuda's female are designs are pretty bad (Not like the guys have it much better, Arata's onesie is really ugly), luckily in Next Order they changed character designer, it still has miniskirts but it's way better than Kyoko and Rina.

Years
  • it's way better than Kyoko and Rina.

Rina just needs to go away ffs

Ugh, Ulforce leads. It seems the game already has a metagame, and Lilithmon and UlforceVeedramon are usually in the starting lineup. Although honestly, what annoys me more is when someone starts a battle with three rookies and then sends in three megas once those die...

Thank god for the random AI. I'd never get anywhere otherwise. I'm sitting at 17 wins right now. Seems to work better in the early hours.

Well Lilithmon doesn't work without Ulforce tbh. She's slow as hell, and she's extremely frail. Like almost anything one shots her. I've already got a team planned in the playbook to trash that core though so I'm not extremely worried about it at the moment. Not sure about that rookie lead thing though, I feel like people just do that so they can have a full team instead of only 8 megas cause of the 150 cap. I think it's stupid but hey.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • Now that I've gotten into it (and got my favourite digimon, Starmon) it's enjoyable. I do have to say for any old digimon fans it'll be a complete change, from many different designs to they way everything is explained.

What I didn't like was how slow it took to get to the digimon/battling. I know it's nice to have set-up but after a while I was wondering how long it'd be until I could properly fight with them

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I didn't really mind the visual style too much. The same guy who did the art for the Devil Survivor games did the art for this and it's kinda the same so I didn't really care. I can see your gripes but I paid more attention to the digimon anyway.

Localization on the other hand was botched a bit. There's some quests and Digi-Line lines that are odd, such as certain questions being the right answer and the Digimon says it's wrong anyway, and some missing quests. That's getting patched out though so it's whateves. I didn't get the feeling of awkward responses too much though, I'd have to look at them again to really notice it.
    Yeah, this was my first time encountering this guy's work so I was a little horrified but everyone assures me this is normal for him so I guess it's just... something you get used to, lol??

And I think I figured out the awkward responses thing. You give canned responses to the Digimon but sometimes they ask the question in different ways:

Spoiler:

So in the first one, the reply makes no sense but in the second one, it does.

Years
  • So, there is more DLC coming, and it's all free, coming March 10th worldwide we'll get:
    ShineGreymon Burst Mode, MirageGaogamon Burst Mode, Rosemon Burst Mode, Ravemon Burst Mode, Valkyrimon (Silphymon's Mega), Darkdramon (the evolution of Tankdramon also known as the one who literally fires nukes) and Chaosmon (DNA Digivolution of the aforementioned Darkdramon and BanchoLeomon
    http://gematsu.com/2016/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-add-seven-digimon-march-10-update

Years
  • S H I N E G R E Y M O N B O Y Z

You don't even know the amount of hype I have for ShineGreymon BM. My main complaint about the game vanished in a heartbeat. And it's FREE.

GOTY

Back