• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] 2012 Phenomena

Years

As you've all heard, December 21st, 2012 is the date designated by the Mayan Long Count calender as the end of the current 13th B'ak'tun, or 5,125 year cycle. the Mayans, using their advanced knowledge of astronomy, accurately predicted several current astronomical events, such as the Galactic Alignment, where the sun's orbit takes in into the exact center of the milky way galaxy, and the transit of Venus, where the Planet Venus crosses in front of the sun and will be viewable.

Now many misconceptions exist about 2012. Mainly, the fact that the world will end in 2012, in a violent Apocalypse. In truth, the word apocalypse doesnt even have anything to do with destruction or the end of the world. It comes from the Greek word Apokálypsis, meaning, a revelation, or to reveal something. The true meaning of apocalypse became distorted over time. So the fact that the world will end on 12/21/2012 is simply a modern construct. It is a falsehood. However, the date

However, there is evidence that supports the theory that 12/21/2012 will have still have a major impact on everyday life. I think there are too many coincidences here to ignore the fact some sort of event will transpire.

Example #1

The Galactic Alignment

From Wikipedia:
    Spoiler:

Example #2

Timewave Theory and the I-Ching

Spoiler:

Example #3

The Tortuguero

Spoiler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

So, what do you think will happen on 12/21/2012? Based on the scientific and historic facts we know?

Please discuss this from a historical and astrological perspective. Also, feel free to add any Relevant historical and astrological information or theories i may have missed.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I think I saw that same History Channel documentary some time last year. It mentioned the I-Ching and everything.

I fully believe that...something will happen in 12/21/12. Most likely a cosmic body entering our atmosphere, causing a pole shift or electromagnetic failures around the globe, but certainly no doomsday of any sort. XD

Years
    I think I saw that same History Channel documentary some time last year. It mentioned the I-Ching and everything.

I fully believe that...something will happen in 12/21/12. Most likely a cosmic body entering our atmosphere, causing a pole shift or electromagnetic failures around the globe, but certainly no doomsday of any sort. XD

I agree, i looked into the I-Ching after i saw that and it blew me away with how accurate it was, but how simple it was. Same with the Timewave theory.

If a doomsday will occur, it will happen because of mass hysteria and panic over the date, not the actual date or "prophecy" itself. xD

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Nothing crazy is going to happen that affects us in a bad way, and I hope everyone that says otherwise will be cool when I dance around them yelling "I told you so! I told you! I told youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!", after nothing happens. >_<

Years
    Nothing crazy is going to happen that affects us in a bad way, and I hope everyone that says otherwise will be cool when I dance around them yelling "I told you so! I told you! I told youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!", after nothing happens. >_<

Well nothing apocalyptic will happen, that we're pretty sure of. But who's to say some other event, maybe not bad in nature, might happen? We'll have to wait and see. Unlike y2k and the other crap, this has historical and astronomical facts involved.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    How will the world.... END?

Hi people!
    I had a discussion (an argument, rather) with some of my school friends regarding the end of the world. xD
    So what you guys think about this? Will the world end in 2012? Or in World War 3 when all countries would nuke each other? Or maybe a gaint meteor? :knockedou
    Give us your theory on how and when the world will end!

Last edited:

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Well, the end will come, and it will come in it's rightful time. No man can predict the end times (Revelation 1) Of course, woman can

All the stuff happening, such as Global Warming, the hole in the Ozone layer, when you think about it, most of it is natural stuff, isn't it? Don't you think it could all be leading...... to the end times?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    well i think the world as we know it (with us and all the animals and plants) will either die out when the sun dies, or maybe i don't know. Global warming type stuff? But then I think over time the world will just start again. Without us. Just a bunch of tough little bacteria.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think the world will end because of global warming. I (sort of) believe in the 2012 apocalypse, so if that happens, the world will end through many meteors crashing down on to Earth, as well as many volcanic eruptions, storms and earthquakes.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Humans will eventually die out from disease or from war. It's anyone's guess when the world itself will end though. At the very latest, it'll be once the sun burns out and our current gravitational pull towards it ceases to exist and the earth becomes just another rock floating through space...inhabitable to other lifeforms. :P

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Nah, I don't think that the world is going to end so soon....

I believe that all these theories are fake. :P

Man is advancing in every aspects. He'll find a solution to this too~
    The History is a witness to this.

It was announced in the year 2000 that the world will end ; but it didn't.
    Don't bother 'bout all this stuff, live your life to the fullest without fearing of the end. xD;

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    World War III will end the world. WWII caused so much havoc, even though it was just around half a century ago. And now we've got more military power, gadgets, technology and even weapons which can shape the surface of the Earth. If the nations ever indulge in such large-scale wars again, then it may be the end of the world. :|

Or, we might just keep living until the Sun runs out of Hydrogen and Helium, or we lose the centripetal gravitation from the sun. Or the world might just end after 2 years. ._.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    And yeah, as per Stephen Hawking's saying, he was talking of the destruction of sun and all that will lead to us saying bye-bye to our lives. xD;

Read this :

For in an interview with BigThink, Hawking suggested that unless the human race begins to inhabit outer space, it will disappear.
    His tinge of optimism is painted in quite muted colors. "If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe as we spread into space," he told BigThink.
    But those two centuries might well be fraught with far more crises than ever before, he said.
    Hawking is worried about the way humans are eating up finite resources and commented that our genetic code "carries selfish and aggressive instincts," which have helped humanity survive so often in times gone by.

Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward-looking on Planet Earth, but to spread out into space," he said.
    Now I know that one man's long term is another man's second marriage of four, but it isn't exactly easy to imagine large-scale human life in outer space. However, Hawking believes that greater space exploration now is vital to humanity's future.
    "The human race shouldn't have all its eggs in one basket, or on one planet. Let's hope we can avoid dropping the basket until we have spread the load," he said.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The world won't end any time soon.

Sure in a few century's were goner's (Maybe) but for now Im pretty sure were fine, as for
    2012 many people have predicted the end and have always been wrong!

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    I think the world will end because of global warming. I (sort of) believe in the 2012 apocalypse, so if that happens, the world will end through many meteors crashing down on to Earth, as well as many volcanic eruptions, storms and earthquakes.
    Well, of course, one of the only things that support that theory is that the Mayan calander ends on December (Something) 2012. And it doesn't really support it.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Chances are we're gonna nuke ourselves to death. Once WWIII rolls around (which unfortunately it inevitably will) our nuclear arsenal and all of the warfare advancements we've made since WWII will kill us all. That's how I'm seeing the end of all mankind.

Master Bait

ಥ‿ಥ
    Years
    Chances are we're gonna nuke ourselves to death. Once WWIII rolls around (which unfortunately it inevitably will) our nuclear arsenal and all of the warfare advancements we've made since WWII will kill us all. That's how I'm seeing the end of all mankind.
    I don't agree with you there. It's impossible to nuke a country nowadays because of high-tech sensor array defenses, laser systems, etc. Even if that's going to happen not everyone is going to die. Maybe in future people will inhabit other nearby planets which is far from nuclear weaponry.

Here is one diagram;
    Spoiler:

Another earthquake in New Zealand just 18 hours ago.

OSHI- 2012 IS COMIIIIING!!! EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
    [Discussion] 2012 Phenomena

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A rapture would be pretty cool whilst aliens obliterating our entire race would also be pretty awesome. Realistically speaking, I don't believe the human race will be finished off by nuclear warfare between ourselves. The earth's too vast and our population is too many for us to just be wiped off the planet. Sure, there could be millions if not billions of casualties, but the casualties sustained couldn't kill us all. We're a resilient race. My bet would be on the sun burning out or two countries knocking against each other, sending dust into the atmosphere and suffocating all of us.

Back