• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Snype held his hand over his head as if he had a headache. He realized he was losing himself again. Whenever he got this... dark... he felt as if he were about to lose his sanity. His cheerful personality was the only thing keeping him from becoming a total loony. He let off a long sigh.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. I don't like killing either but sometimes that's just how it goes. I used to feel the same way as you. Every infected pokemon I tried helping turned on me though. You can guess what happened after that." Snype said, trying to regain his composure.

Snype got up onto his feet, putting the hood on his robe back on. It was rather cold.

"Comon. If you still want to stick with me around then let's head to my hideout. We can stay there for the night." Snype said.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. I don't like killing either but sometimes that's just how it goes. I used to feel the same way as you. Every infected pokemon I tried helping turned on me though. You can guess what happened after that." Snype said, rubbing his head slightly, as if he was in pain.

Axel frowned a little, not knowing what to say as he rubbed his arm, glancing off into the forest for a moment. Maybe he was right… maybe the infected couldn't be helped, and they would eventually just turn on those who tried to help them? … What if Flight had already forgotten about him?

Before thinking that thought to end, he snapped himself back to reality as Snype began walking. Axel nodded quickly and hurried up alongside him in quiet contemplation. "A-alright. Thanks, Snype."

He walked up alongside Snype, though seeming a little lost in thought, resting his paws on his belly. He was clearly in very deep thought, his tail swiping a little left and right behind him as they walked, the faint glow from him illuminating their path.

Megaman765

Years
    Snype looked at Axel as he walked toward along the Cerulean Cape. He really wasn't sure what to feel about this stranger. Snype was just helping him because he really didn't have anything else to live for out here other then to try and help others. He was mostly doing his best to fend of the infection and keep it from spreading but he could only do so much. He was only one pokemon. He wasn't a one man army that could change the world just because he could. That could never be a reality.

"Just follow along the Cape. It's not much further. It's the only house out here but its cozy enough to last us." Snype said. It was much easier to track it down thanks to Axel's light he was emmiting. Being an electric pokemon must have certainly been handy.

"My whole pack was lost to the infection. I'm the only one I think. I doubt there's any other Sableye around here that might have moved here." Snype said. "You hear humans talk about going to space and seeing the wonders out there, and it turns out they find us and try ruin anything. Makes me wonder what the motivation is."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Cape​

Walking along next to Snype, Axel was deeply lost in thought, his tail swaying faintly behind him, though kept very close to him. They were walking alongside a large river worming its way through the very edge of the forest, also known as the Cerulean Cape.

Only as Snype spoke up did Axel snap out of his thoughts, turning his head to glance to him. He smiled a little and nodded a few times. "Alright. Thanks again, Snype… I'll stay with you while I recover and help you out a bit… I'm pretty fast when I'm not injured, so I could help you scavenge, I guess."

After hearing about Snype having lost his whole pack, Axel frowned with sympathy for this Pokémon that he was almost inclined to call a friend now. At the mention of space, he tilted his head back, staring into the now darkened sky while walking, a couple of bright lights shining on the skies above.

"Well… I guess they want to… know more? Just… find out everything they can about everything? I don't get it, though. I just want to live my life in peace… without worry of becoming a mindless drone, and without… well, being killed. I suppose, when you compare me to a human, I'm kind of simple that way…"

This talk about humans had Axel thinking back to Daniel, his own trainer, a little sigh escaping him. He had gotten horribly sidetracked in his quest to find his friend and master, but… he could take care of himself, he was sure.

"I had a trainer. We were challenging the gym leader in Cerulean when this whole thing broke out… we were trying to save as many people as we could, but in the commotion, Daniel disappeared in the crowd… and eventually, I had to run. I ended up in the forest, and I've been looking around for him since then. It's… not all that long time ago, but… I'm worried. He's… the first friend I ever had."

Megaman765

Years
    Snype quietly looked along the river of the Cerulean Cape as he listened to Axel speak his mind. So he was trained... not that it mattered to Snype. He was a wild Pokemon himself though so he mostly learned from his own experience. Probably not as good as a trained pokemon would be but he was independent in his own right at least. Snype figured his trainer might have been dead, or evacuated. He didn't want to tell him the latter.

"Well, you help me and I'll help you then. I don't got much else to do other then scavenge stuff for my own well being. Speaking of which, I forgot to do that today." Snype joked. Finding Axel kind of distracted him from what he had ment to do in the first place.

"It's not just scavenging, I've smuggled a couple of supplies to the army every so often as well. Usually if I can't carry anything else. I try to keep my presence anonymous though. I'd rather not get involved with them. Nothing personal." Snype said.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Cape​

Seemingly not noticing the glance Snype sent him after he had spoken up, Axel continued walking along, still rather quiet. Whether this was from exhaustion or something else, it was hard to tell.

"O-oh, I… uh, didn't mean to interrupt what you were doing, or anything. Sorry. I'll help you find some more supplies as a thank you, I suppose. But… if you want to help me, it'd be… nice. I've been kind of on my own ever since Daniel disappeared."

He turned his head to glance at Snype as he spoke again. So he wasn't just completely doing this for himself. That was nice to know. Axel smiled a little and nodded his head. "Of course, I actually understand… I didn't join the army either, because… well, they'd have me fight the infected. And I just can't do that while Daniel.. and now Flight, are still out there, Arceus knows where. I just don't have time to get sidetracked, you know…?"

Megaman765

Years
    Snype nodded in agreement. After a short walk, they eventually made it to the abandoned house in the Cerulean cape. It was rather big. Might have been some private lab because the inside had plenty of weird technology in it. Snype walked in front of the house and looked up at it.

"Well here we are. Not a pretty sight but its home. It's still pretty sturdy so it makes for a good base." Snype said as he walked through the dusty door. It was creaky, and well abandoned. A bunch of old technology was inside of it. He often stored some scavenged materials into here and used some makeshift materials to make the place at least somewhat less of an eyesore. Mostly he placed some cloth around the abandoned technology as if they were curtains so it didn't look too bad.

There were two capsules that used to be linked to each other but they didn't seem to work anymore, whatever it was they did. Snype often slept in these, apparent by the pillow and small sheet.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Bill's House​

As they arrived at the rather large house, Axel couldn't help but look up at it, wondering why someone would live so far away from everyone else, and who might actually be doing so. He quickly followed after Snype, closing the door after him. It gave the house a rather dark look to it, though Axel's light lit up a small part of the house, giving it an eerie look.

"It's not that bad… it's kind of cozy, I guess. Lots of space." Axel slowly began walking around the room, looking at the covered and uncovered machinery, as well as the drawers and bookshelves, crammed full of books about everything between heaven and hell.

Eventually, he stopped at the capsules, tilting his head to the side as he noticed the pillow and sheet. He glanced over his shoulder back at Snype and called out for him. "So, you sleep in here? It seems pretty comfortable. Do you think you have an extra blanket…?"

He smiled a little sheepishly, turning around fully, before moving off to the side to explore another part of the house, his curiosity starting to sprout again. It was a rather impressive house, even if the darkness made it seem somewhat creepy. It was very sturdy, that's for sure.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Benny Larson
    Cerulean City​

Benny frowned at Number's statement, "Well, I think we'll do better as a group. We can take on more infected and I don't think-"

"Actually the Nidorina is right." Carol said, "If he finds one of us then he would find all of us. We should split up into groups. Sebastian, you'll lead group one. Harry, you'll lead group two. I'll stay with Benny and the army. Make sure to divide up evenly and stay quiet. Get to Bill's as fast as possible and scout out the area, we don't know if any infected are up there. Be safe everyone."

Benny and Carol hurried up after the army pokemon and fell in line behind them. Benny hastily told Carol the names of the pokemon and in turn Carol informed him who Splash was, it wasn't a big secret to anyone who lived in Cerulean City. The group walked for some time with Carol as alert as she could be, ready to aim her shotgun in a second. Benny was busy watching his footing and more than once tripped on an exposed root, causing the group to stop and wait for him to get back up. It was during one of his falls that his equipment spilled out of his bag and he began to pick up everything.

"Benny, we're going to move on ahead, catch up once you get everything. Just follow the path and you'll be fine." Carol said as she took charge and led the army though the trees. As soon as the group was out of hearing range of Benny, which sadly wasn't very far away, Carol began talking.

"Let me see if I get his right. Blaze, you seem to be on good terms with Bennny. Splash, for some reason you already are annoyed with him, but that means you probably have to follow his orders now. Number, you are also annoyed with him, but probably due to something he has already done to the army. I don't know much about you Sirva so I'll save my theory for later. In truth I don't think any of you are wrong. He sticks out like a sore thumb in any camouflage due to his clothes and he isn't the most coordinated person I've met, and he's too trusting. Which means either you all had a commander before and he's the replacement and just acts that way to stay sane, or he has had no military experience before this point and is just someone who volunteered for the job and was accepted. But, he also has a big heart. He cares a lot about you guys, wouldn't forget about you in that city and wanted us to search for you. He may be a cr**py leader, but I would give him time. We all start out as c**p at one point in our life."

Benny was back with them, gasping for breath. "You guys are fast." Carol was about to reply when she aimed her gun at the trees. A low growl eminated from the bushes. Carol suddenly grabbed Benny and pulled him to the ground as a infected Mightyena jumped over them and landed before the group. A Tangela, Lickilicky, and a Haunter also appeared. The Mightyena snarled, "Humans, leave now! We are only here for the pokemon."

He turned to the army, "We saw your actions in Cerulean, oh grand army. You will make great test subjects for Master."

Benny was shaking but he still spoke up, "No! We're not leaving!"

Carol pointed her gun at the Mightyena, "We're not going down without a fight."

The Mightyena snarled, "Kill the humans and capture these specimens!"

The Mightyena ran right at the two humans. The Tangela sent out its vines to Constrict Splash, the Lickilicky sent its tongue to Lick Blaze, and the Haunter unleashed a Hypnosis aimed at Number and Sirva.

(See OOC for more details.)

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    "Yeah. There's probobly another laying around somewhere. You can just take some of the cloth if you like. Can't say the same for a pillow though. Only one person lived here from what I've seen..." Snype said as he scurried through some shelfs for a couple of supplies. He had a few berries on him along with a few Gems of his own to munch on. The supplies were lacking unfortunately so he usually saves his craving for rocks and gems for when he really needs them.

"I usually dont stay in one place for too long. Eventually the infected will end up finding us and we'll have to bail." Snype said as he layed down on his pillow.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Bill's House​

Axel nodded and began trotting off into the corners of the house, the light from him dancing across the floor and the wall when he moved near it, but didn't quite reach the ceiling. He scurried about for a couple of minutes before finding a long piece of cloth he could use for a makeshift blanket.

"That's a pretty good idea… I did the same, but I also had a little hideout in the abandoned power plant to the east… but the infected tracked Flight and I down to there, and… well, they set fire to everything." He gave a little shrug, as if he had put it behind him, but in truth, he kind of missed his little cove in the midst of the machinery. He sighed quietly and stepped into the second capsule, lying himself down and tugging the blanket over him, curling up into a ball. "Mmrh… this is going to do me good… thanks again, Snype. I really do owe you…"

Splash
    Outskirts of Cerulean City​

The army continued trotting out of the city, with Splash in the front. He had never been much of a leader, but when he know what had to be done, he was going to do it, whether they followed him or not. He heard Benny, as he was called, fall over, and turned his head to glance at him.

As Carol then said they would keep going, Splash shrugged and turned around and continued walking, helped along by Sirva's flame. The woman then began addressing the different army Pokémon, trying to make them dislike Benny less. Splash rolled his eyes. He didn't have a problem with Benny, but he didn't exactly like him either. He didn't like taking orders from someone other than Misty, or even other Pokémon, but it was yet to see how much of a strategist he was. If he proved himself, Splash supposed he could let him bark out orders like humans so often liked. He decided to give Benny a chance. " 'Ey, I have no problem with 'm, 'm just hearin' a lot of bad things 'bout him is all."

Splash was certain that she had heard him, due to knowing she had the translator which she used to speak to the other Pokémon, both a moment ago, as well as during everyday life in Cerulean. He sighed a little, starting to wish this whole thing had never happened, when a Mightyena lept out and almost took down the humans.

He spun around, only to see another three Pokémon emitting from the forest with various miscolourations of both orange and light-blue. They were definitely infected. Splash clenched his fists, glancing between the Mightyena and the other group of Pokémon that were on either side of them, getting ready to attack.

"Kill the humans and capture these specimens!" the Mightyena cried out. Splash was quick to react, taking in a deep breath while a ball of water was created in front of his mouth. He blasted it forwards, the orb slamming against the Lickilicky, though seemingly not doing much damage, possibly due to the infection causing the Pokémon to feel less damage.

The next thing he knew, he was suddenly lifted into the air by the vines wrapped around his body, causing him to grit his teeth in pain, the vines squeezing against his arms and shell. "Gah! A'ight… you… wanna fight? I'll… give you a fight!"

He wriggled about in his bonds and slowly managed to slip his arms free from the vines holding them, grabbing onto them instead. He narrowed his eyes, the Tangela starting to look a little worried, shooting up more vines to try and hold him down.

Before it managed to however, Splash opened his mouth, a white orb sitting inside of it for just a moment before blasting out an ice beam, hitting the Tangela square in the face, causing it to stagger backwards with an outcry, letting go of Splash, who promptly entered his shell, bumping softly against the ground.

He swiftly exited again and stood up, glancing over to the other Pokémon to see how they were holding up, as well as the humans.

Megaman765

Years
    Snype layed down and heard Axel thanking him for helping him. He went under his blanket and layed his head down on the pillow. It was a long night... and now he was obligated to help this stranger's friend. Like he said before, he had nothing better to do and nothing else to really live for.

"It's nothing really... oh darn it before I forget..." Snype jumped up from his makeshift be and walked over to the door. He always anticipated intruders... so he needed to set up proper traps for them. Nothing deadly, there was no way he could set up something like that without it back fireing but mostly a kind of alarm.This was basicly his plan for a makeshift "alarm". He attatched a bit of cloth and tied it to the knob of the door. Next to the door was a shelf, piled with useless scraps. He had set it up so that incase any intruders tried to wander into the front door, Snype would be alerted by the loud noise. On the plus side, Snype tended to be nocturnal, and always prepared detect before going to sleep incase something tried to do a sneak attack on him in his sleep.

"So far the door is the only bit I've got defended. I haven't thought of anything for the windows yet... any ideas Axel? Nothing to harmful though. Infected aren't the only things that wander around these parts." Snype said.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Bill's House

Axel wasslowly starting to drift off to sleep, but hadn't even been lying down for halfa minute before Snype lept out of his bed, causing Axel's eyes to go wide open,always afraid that something was suddenly rushing at him, ready to tear hishead off, or worse.

"H-huh?" hesat himself up, the blanket gliding off while he watched Snype dart around thefront door, apparently tying a piece of cloth from the handle of the door tothe shelf next to it, so that it would tip over as soon as someone entered thehouse. That was a pretty good plan, actually.

"So far the door is the only bit I've gotdefended. I haven't thought of anything for the windows yet... any ideas Axel?Nothing to harmful though. Infected aren't the only things that wander aroundthese parts."

Axel had never been the most ingenious Pokémon ever.Daniel usually came up with tactics and brilliant plans, but he couldn't relyon Daniel to come help him set traps up for them. He lifted a paw to rub hischeek, glancing at the windows, still intact, with the shutters on the insideof the house.

An idea slowly formed in his head and he got up on allfour, walking over to the window to look it over, opening and closing theshutter, which acted much like two tiny doors, though on the inside of thewindows.

"I… uh, think I have an idea. Hold on." He opened theshutters very slightly, so that whoever was outside could very, very faintlypeek inside, before he dashed off to rummage through the kitchen part of thehouse. He fetched a large box, which he carried with his teeth, moving over tothe window again, leaping onto the shelf's top next to it.

He then gingerly placed the box on top of it and leptdown again, moving over to pick up some kind of mechanism, the size of a humanfist. He had no idea what it was, but it didn't matter. He rushed back to thewindow, lept onto the shelf and put the item inside of the box, continuing todo this until there was about six-eight of them inside before leaping downagain, glancing up at what he had made.

"… What about this? If anyone tries to get in, theyhave to open the shutters and the box with the things in will fall on theirhead –and- the floor, making a racket and halting them, so we'll have time toget up. Is… uh, is this good enough?" he glanced over at Snype, lifting a pawto rub the back of his neck.

Megaman765

Years
    Snype watched as Axel prepared the trap for the windows... well Snype thought he was pretty dumb to not have thought of that but it was better the nothing. He could sleep well enough knowing nobody was going to make a jump on them before they got the jump on their intruders.

"Look's good to me. Pretty good trap I'd say. But at least we can sleep easy knowing unwanted visitors won't get through. And if they happen to get through, I have one more bit of defense." Snype said, as his eyes blinked a feint white color to indicate he was using detect.

"If anything trys to touch me, I'll wake up and counter them immediately." He said, walking back to his bed. The Capsules had small doors on them as well. He had no idea what this invention was used for but he sure know that it probably wasn't going to work again. Snype tried to close the doors a little bit, leaving them slightly open so he could hear for any noise going on outside. But at least intruders wouldn't see him as soon as they walked into the house.

"I say we rest up then. Listen closely for any intruders. Other then that, Have a nice nap. Try and think of the better times." Snype said as he got comfortable in his bed.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    A sympathetic look appeared on Flight's face, and this somehow unnerved Ness.

"You should have returned...Kanto is in a lot of danger," she said. Ness didn't quite understand, but it looked like all would be revealed soon.

"Deoxys has taken over a large amount of human cities. He's been infecting the Pokemon, turning them into his slaves...I'm one of the infected pokemon, but I'm in 'stage one'. Like...cancer, I will only be under his total control when I slowly evolve into stage two. I will look like a zombie then...but...now...I'm still fighting against his willpower..."

The Emolga groaned, and Ness looked away guiltily. He'd probably caused it. After all, no evil overlord worth their salt would ignore a near-death, worthless soldier that had the potential to rebel (and might have already, Ness didn't really know) just suddenly sitting up and beginning to function with clarity again.

"N-Nnggghh...." The Emolga groaned again, and then she spasmed.
    She relaxed, murmuring something about Deoxys.

Ness turned away from Flight and silently berated himself. By saving this pokemon's life he had very definitely endangered his own. He didn't know to what extent Deoxys could interpret the infected's thoughts, but it most likely knew about him and considered him… not a threat, but something to be watched. So he'd earned himself an enemy there.
    And anything rebelling against the infection's forces would consider him worse: A deserter to his own kind to save something that could kill him easy.

Great, he thought. Not only do I have an enemy now, anyone who I might need to approach for help would probably kill me anyway.

"The pain is really irritating...but it'll wear off in a while. I just need somewhere to rest..."

He sighed.

"I guess we're in this together, then. I don't just give up on things, you know, so consider yourself stuck with me. First things first, find some shelter. Then we figure out how to…"

Something dawned on him. He closed his eyes, and instead of speaking his idea, transmitted it.

<Right then, if you can't understand this, you'll just have a slightly worse headache. If you can, I need you to respond.>

He shook his head and opened his eyes again. "Ah, forget it. Telepathy is far too tiring at night. But I think I know where we can take refuge. Ever heard of the Underground Path?"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Bill's House

Axel smiledat Snype's praise. It wasn't often he could pull off something clever likethis, but for some reason, he had been incredibly clear-headed the last day orso. Maybe the whole having to live on his own and try to fend for himself haschanged something inside of him. He may never know.

He glancedat Snype again as he mentioned he had another defense. Axel recognized whathappened when his eyes began shining. He had fought Pokémon who knew Detectbefore. He nodded his head and smiled a little. "Great… at least we'll havetime to get out of here if someone attacks."

As Snypewent over to his own little capsule, Axel did as well, after having a look atthe traps once more. He closed the capsule door, leaving a little crack open,to make sure he could easily slip out and dart off to hide somewhere.

"I say we rest up then. Listen closely for anyintruders. Other then that, Have a nice. Try and think of the bettertimes." Snype said while Axel was tugging the blanket over him, curling upto a ball again, his tail curling up around him. "Alright.. you too, Snype.Sleep well." He murmured out, though loud enough for him to hear, very quicklydrifting off to sleep due to his exhaustion.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years

Flight - Normal
    Forest

"I guess we're in this together, then. I don't just give up on things, you know, so consider yourself stuck with me. First things first, find some shelter. Then we figure out how to…" he started, and Flight listened carefully, thinking about his words.

An Espeon might not be the perfect ally for a flying squirrel, but what more could she ask for? Right now, she had to find cover, somewhere to stay for the moment in order to heal up before doing something else again.

She had to heal. And Ness was probably the safest person to go with.

<Right then, if you can't understand this, you'll just have a slightly worse headache. If you can, I need you to respond.>

Blinking, the confused Emolga glanced around. What was that? Then she realized that it had been the Psychic Pokemon's telepathy skills, just like how Deoxys had sent messages into her mind. Thinking about that made her shiver.

But then he shook his head and opened his eyes again, "Ah, forget it. Telepathy is far too tiring at night. But I think I know where we can take refuge. Ever heard of the Underground Path?"

"Yes I do," Flight nodded, a little shocked by his idea. She had never thought about that before. But even if she had, she would had been too weak to move, "Do you think it's safe enough??"​

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
    Years
    Blaze - Forrest Somewhere

A mightyena, very obviously infected jumped out of the bushes, followed by a Lickilicky, Tangela, and a Haunter slowly emerging from the underbrush. Carol quickly pulled out her gun and pointed it at the Mightyena, pulling Benny behind her. The Mightyena growled and said, "Humans, leave now! We are only here for the pokemon." He turned his gaze to the army, "We saw your actions in Cerulean, oh grand army. You will make great test subjects for Master." Test subjects, that doesn't sound good.

The humans said something, but by then the infected had already started to attack, and the words were lost in the start of the battle. Blaze lost track of the others in the Army immediately when the Lickylicky stuck out it's tongue lashing it like a whip in Blaze's direction. He considered dodging it by jumping out of the way, then got a different idea. As the tongue came into reach, Blaze opened his jaws and bit down hard on the wet flesh. It tasted absolutely disgusting, but Blaze persisted, and pulled backwards on the tongue. The Lickylicky had already gotten startled and was in pain when Blaze bit down on it's tongue, and it had become a bit unbalanced. When Blaze pulled on the tongue, the startled Lickylicky fell forward onto it's face. Immediately, Blaze let go of the tongue, and charged forward launching a flame thrower as he did taking advantage of the downed pokemon. As it struggled to get up, the flame thrower hit it full in the face, causing it to go down once more. Blaze jumped on it's and closed his jaws around it's neck, then wrenched sideways. He felt bad for the pokemon, knowing that it hadn't chosen to be infected, but this was war, and it was kill or be killed. After a moment, Blaze heard the snap of the Lickylicky's spine breaking, and Blaze let go. As he did, he looked around for more targets, and to see how his friends were doing.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Cerulean Forest​

The female human agreed with Number and seemed to be completely oblivious to Number's scorn. They walked through the forest, and it only became darker, save for a small circle of light caused by the flame on Sirva's tail. Number felt even smaller than she already was as the thick trees swallowed her up. The forest was so dense to the point where she couldn't even see the stars in the sky. The female human started to blabber on about why she thought the army Pokémon were annoyed with their commander. Oh, and that despite him being cr**py, he had a big heart.

A big heart? Who needed a big heart at a time like this? Number rolled her eyes but completely agreed with what the human said about everyone starting out as c*ap. Number remembered when she had been a Nidoran. She was even tinier than she was now, and not as strong. "You guys are fast," Benny said as he caught up with a gasp for breath. Number opened her mouth to reply sarcastically, but stopped as a sudden noise was heard. It was a growl that sounded muffled as if it were coming from inside something. Perhaps a bush. The female human pulled the commander to the ground as an Infected Mightyena leapt over them and landed in front of the army Pokémon. A Tangela, Lickilicky and a Haunter followed afterward. Number was not impressed.

"Humans, leave now! We are only here for the Pokémon," the Mightyena said with a growl. He turned to the army. "We saw your actions in Cerulean, oh grand army. You will make great test subjects for Master." Number squinted at the Mightyena but said nothing.

"No! We're not leaving!" the commander said, noticeable fear in his voice.

"Kill the humans and capture these specimens!" The Mightyena ran right at the humans. Suddenly, the Haunter unleashed a Hypnosis toward Number and Sirva. The small Nidorina was quick to dart out of the attack's path. She knew if the humans were dead, they were back at square one. And so, Number left the Haunter to Sirva and jumped right at the Mightyena. As soon as she made contact with it, she grasped its face with her front paws. The Mightyena closed its eyes in response and crashed to the ground, quickly getting up and trying to shake Number off. She held on tightly.

"Do NOT refer to me as a science experiment, you balding puppy," she said to it resentfully. She then leaned in to bite the Mightyena right in the face. It yelped and continued to violently shake its head around, but once Number had her jaws latched onto something, it was not easy to get her to let go. From what Number gathered, these Infected only wanted to capture them, not infect them. So it was probably best to not dish out too much damage, or else the army of aliens would feel threatened and attempt to actually infect or kill them. That was not an option. The best way to do this would be to weaken them slowly but significantly until they were all almost too weak to go on. Then, the army would use finishing moves to take them all out at once. Number wouldn't normally go about doing this, but because they were lucky enough to make an encounter where they most likely weren't going to be infected, it would be best to keep it that way and not aggravate the problem. As Number was flailed about, she tightened her grip. Even as the Mightyena finally used its brain and slammed her against the ground, she refused to let go just yet.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Sirva Flash

"Guys!" Benny shouted as he ran up, "You all are alive! I thought for a moment… Oh, this is a rebellion force."

"So, you're the army? Good, we can always use more pokemon. We're heading to Bill's house. It's a fortress up there so we should be safe, unless you're needed somewhere else?" said the woman that appeared to be the leader of this rebellion force.

"Bill's house sounds as good as any a place to regroup. Its getting dark anyway, it would be good to get somewhere secure so we don't have to worry about the infected tonight." Blaze said, adding with a look at the others, "Is that okay with you guys?" Sirva nodded her assent. She had been to Bill's house once with her trainer, but that had been years ago.

"Actually, we were just on our way there. Y'welcome to tag along if y'want," Splash said. " 'S fine by me, the more, t'merrier. Would be easier to keep the infected away 't any rate. So if you're comin' or not, 'm gonna head up there."

"I have no problem. I'm just a bit concerned with all of us traveling together at once. It gives us a risk I don't want to take. If we have a large army, Deoxys will send a large army too. That adds up to a rather… risky fight. I'm sure you understand," Number said before following Splash.

"Well, I think we'll do better as a group. We can take on more infected and I don't think-" Benny was cut off by the woman. Sirva was starting to like her.

"Actually the Nidorina is right." the female human said, "If he finds one of us then he would find all of us. We should split up into groups. Sebastian, you'll lead group one. Harry, you'll lead group two. I'll stay with Benny and the army. Make sure to divide up evenly and stay quiet. Get to Bill's as fast as possible and scout out the area, we don't know if any infected are up there. Be safe everyone."

As Sirva followed the woman, she growled in annoyance as Benny continuously tripped. During one of the falls where his equipment was scattered all over the ground, the woman said, "Benny, we're going to move on ahead, catch up once you get everything. Just follow the path and you'll be fine."

Not far down the path, but far enough that Benny couldn't hear them, the woman turned. "Let me see if I get his right. Blaze, you seem to be on good terms with Bennny. Splash, for some reason you already are annoyed with him, but that means you probably have to follow his orders now. Number, you are also annoyed with him, but probably due to something he has already done to the army. I don't know much about you Sirva so I'll save my theory for later. In truth I don't think any of you are wrong. He sticks out like a sore thumb in any camouflage due to his clothes and he isn't the most coordinated person I've met, and he's too trusting. Which means either you all had a commander before and he's the replacement and just acts that way to stay sane, or he has had no military experience before this point and is just someone who volunteered for the job and was accepted. But, he also has a big heart. He cares a lot about you guys, wouldn't forget about you in that city and wanted us to search for you. He may be a cr**py leader, but I would give him time. We all start out as c**p at one point in our life."

Sirva narrowed her eyes at the human and opened her mouth to say something, but before she could Benny was back with them panting, "You guys are fast."

When a low growl emanated from a bush, the woman pulled Benny to the ground as an infected Mightyena jumped out, followed by a Tangela, Lickilicky, and Haunter. "Humans, leave now!" the Mightyena snarled. "We are only here for the pokemon." He turned toward the Valoran army Pokemon. "We saw your actions in Cerulean, oh grand army. You will make great test subjects for Master."

Sirva emitted a low growl. 'Test subjects? Over my dead body!'

Benny was shaking but he still spoke up, "No! We're not leaving!"

The woman pointed her gun at the Mightyena, "We're not going down without a fight."

The Mightyena snarled, "Kill the humans and capture these specimens!"

Sirva took off into the air as the Hypnosis swept by below her. Number had run off to attack the Mightyena, obviously angered by it, leaving the Charizard to take care of the Haunter. That was fine by her. Warmth spread its way from her chest up to her mouth, and when she opened her maw a Fire Blast came out. The Haunter floated out of the way, but not fast enough as it was still burned by the fire. It's eyes clouded with fury, but it seemed to restrain itself as it only used another Hypnosis. Sirva guessed it was because it wasn't supposed to kill her. She twisted in the air, almost playfully, as the attack missed her by at least foot.

As the Charizard continued to dance through the air as the Haunter continued to fire Hypnosis after Hypnosis, it finally seemed to get angry enough to want to actually hurt her. A ball of darkness formed in its hands and the ghost fired the Shadow Ball at Sirva. This time she dove a few feet down to dodge it. Deciding playtime was over, Sirva used another Fire Blast, immediately following it up with a Dragon Pulse. The Fire Blast missed as expected, but the Haunter moved right into the path of the Dragon Pulse. The infected ghost-type was pushed into the ground by the attack, where it lay quivering as it attempted to rejuvenate itself with a Calm Mind. As another Fire Blast bore down at it, it fired a last Shadow Ball that caught Sirva in the wing, sending her spiraling down to the ground as she was knocked off balance. She crashed into the ground with a loud crash. She stood up, head spinning from the crash-landing but satisfied that she had defeated her foe.

Back