• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Benny Larson
    Cerulean Forest​

All that was left was the Mightyean and the Tangela, but Benny stood shaking. If he did swing his hammer there was a good chance that he could hit one of the army pokemon. He couldn't take that risk, besides it looked like they had everything under control. Carol, was less than obliged to stand back. She waited until the Mightyena threw its head up to fire a shotgun blast directly into the center of its chest. The second shot hit the Tangela a second later causing green blood to burst from its body. The blood of the infected began coating the ground and Carol took one last look around before she lowered the shotgun, "We're clear."

Benny looked around, "Are you sure?"

Carol nodded, "Ten years of navy training Benny. I'm sure about it. We need to get moving. No telling if they were part of a larger group." Carol's radio began to emit static, "Carol? Can you read me over."

Carol grabbed it, "Yeah, I'm here Sebastian. What your status? Over."

"My group and the other group have made it to the house. It doesn't look good. Over."

Carol frowned, "What do you mean? Over."

"There's some activity near the area, crushed grass, some footprints in the grass. There may be infected here. Over."

"Deal with Sebastian. we got held up. Don't let them get too close. Over."

She motioned the group, "Let's move! Double time!" Carol sprinted forward with Benny following with uneasy footing.

Survivor Group
    Bill's House​

The Golduck took his hand off the radio. Harry nodded, "Alright, group 1, position yourselves near the windows. Group 2 we'll be at the door. At the count of three we'll infiltrate." Both groups positioned themselves accordingly as Harry began to speak quietly, "One... two... THREE!" The door was forced open, only for a shelf to fall over partially blocking the way. Sebastian forced open the window and was rewarded with a box filled with junk impacting with his head.

The shouts from the confused survivors echoed throughout the house.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Snype's ears twitched at the noise going on outside of the capsule he was sleeping in. Well that was fast... he'd almost have assumed he was followed. Looked like all the traps worked though but that wasn't going to stop them. It sounded like a pretty big group out there. Snype figured he should have set up more traps... He wasn't sure if he should rush on out of there and just yell at them. They'd gang up on him most likely. For all he know they could be infected. He hoped Axel would hear the noise.

Snype slowly got out of his capsule. The group outside were probably out of their wits for falling for the traps... It was a good time to take another position to keep an eye on them. Snype knocked on the Axel's capsule door.

"Wake up. We got company. Hurry and get up." Snype said quietly.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Bill's house​

Axel's ears twitched as soon as the metal bits fell over the intruders of the house, causing him to jerk around onto his belly, blinking his eyes several times in rapid succession. A moment later, Snype knocked on his door.

"Wake up. We got company. Hurry and get up."

It hadn't even been that long! Axel didn't know if he could fight properly as it were right now… he got up none the less and tossed off the blanket, pulling the door open and quietly slipped out, peering out towards the front entrance while mumbling quietly to Snype.

"Wh… what'll we do, Snype? Should we try and get the jump on them or…?"

Splash
    Outskirts of Cerulean City​

Seeing the others were doing quite well on their own, Splash turned back to his fight with the Tangela, eyes widening as he tossed himself to the right, making a roll onto his shield, the spikes ripping up dirt as they did.

He had been a little too distracted, and the Tangela had gotten up again, now whipping it's vines towards him. He narrowed his eyes and quickly came up with a plan.
    "So, y'wanna play rough now, huh? Well, it takes two to Tangela!"

The Tangela paused as Splash smirked, clearly sure of himself, for just a moment before attacking with another couple of vine whips again. This time though, after having dodged one attack and begin hit by the other, he grasped onto the vines, and with a glint in his eye, he began his counter-attack.

He pulled his limbs as well as the vines inside of his shell and began spinning rapidly around himself on the ground, the vines stuck inside of his shell now starting to wrap around the outside of it. The Tangela suddenly got jerked closer before resisting by pushing it's feet against the ground, eyes wide in realization at what was going on.

Splash continued to spin until the Tangela couldn't stand firmly any longer and was pulled in, slamming straight against the swiftly spinning spikes on his shield and flying on, Splash releasing the vines as well, causing it to tumble, and land a little further away.

He erupted from his shell, ready to fight on, some of the spikes now covered in the infected's blood, though he didn't seem to care. The Tangela was just about ready to get up, when the woman they were with, shot it straight in the face with her shotgun, causing it to tumble over.

Splash stood for a moment, blinking in surprise before shrugging his shoulders. "Well, that takes care 'f that." He glanced over at the others again, making sure everyone was alright before peering up at the woman speaking into her radio. A moment later, she told the rest of them to move, something about infected attacking Bill's house.

"A'ight, you heard her, we don't want any infected takin' over what's s'posed to be our fortress! C'mon!" he called out as he got down on all four and began dashing off into the forest, heading straight for the cape and Bill's house.

Megaman765

Years
  • "Jump them? We're out numbered as is I think... We gotta plan this out. For now let's find another place to hide and keep an eye on them. We can't hide in the capsules since they stand out the most... gah I really wish this house had a back door..." Snype said, looking around for somewhere to hide. He could probobly have crawled up to the ceiling with his claws but he had Axel to worry about of course... and he doubted that he'd be able to climb very well with those paws.

"Head back into the kitchen. We can find something there and we can move if they decide to search here. Let's see how much we're dealing with before we try any surprise attacks." Snype said as he rushed into the back.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Survivors Group
    Bill's House​

Harry grunted as he tried once more to move the shelf, "Can someone move this?" The Feraligatr moved in and slammed his shoulder against the shelf causing to slid away from the door. The group immediately moves inside and spots Axel. "Freeze right there Raichu!" The Feraligatr snarls. "This is our fortress now. Now take a message back to your 'Master' that we'll kill any infected that so much-"

Sebastian held up a hand, "Whoa, hold on guys. He's not infected."

The Feraligatr looked closer and began to laugh, "Well, look at that! He isn't!"

Sebastian looked at the Raichu, "Sorry about the barge in. We thought that infected were in here. Everyone stand down." The pokemon went into a relaxed state and the humans lowered their guns. Sebastian knelt down, "Are there any more survivors here? Maybe some from Cerulean?"

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Bill's House​

Axel nodded at Snype, swallowing down. It was not hard to see that he was at least trying to be brave and ready to fight alongside him. "A-alright, lead the way." He murmured quietly with a somewhat shaking voice.

Just as he was about to follow Snype into the kitchen, the shelf came crashing onto the ground as the door flew up, a large Feraligatr barging into the house. Axel promptly spun around, standing on all four with his fur on ends, his tail jutting into the air and his face live with terror at the hulking monstrosity, electricity already coursing through his body, readying for an attack.

"Whoa, hold on guys. He's not infected." A Golduck had come in now, and had stopped the Feraligatr from attacking Axel. This didn't cause him to ease up however. It might've been a trick of some sort. Now Axel started to spot more Pokémon, and even humans with weapons.

Axel stayed in place as the Golduck moved in closer and knelt down, questioning him. "Are there any more survivors here? Maybe some from Cerulean?"
    He paused, swallowing down, keeping a good amount of distance between himself and the other Pokémon. He shifted a little, eyes flickering to the doorway towards the kitchen, unsure if he should mention Snype or not… or if he should even trust these Pokémon and humans. "I- … I, uh… w-who are you?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Survivor's Group
    Bill's House

Sebastian smiled warmly, "We are a group of survivor's from Cerulean City. We just recently escaped from the city. We know that Bill's house is a fortress and we came up here looking for someplace safe. There are no infected here, right?" He asked.

Megaman765

Years
  • Before Axel could get somewhere to hid, A Feraligatr busted through the door and caught sight of them. So much for the traps... He was about to confuse them for infected but thankfully he was quickly corrected. Snype backed up a bit, not exactly happy about these soldiers taking his base like this...

"Darn it... at least they aren't infected..." Snype thought to himself. He figured it'd be alright to simply reason with them. He walked back into the room next to Axel.

"There's no infected over here. Those traps were meant for infected actually." Snype said, still in his robe, looking at the group in front of him. He figured he may as well give them the benefit of the doubt.

"...You could have simply knocked ya know. Kehehehe..." Snype joked.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Bill's House​

As Axel was questioned in regards to the infected, he quickly shook his head. "N-no! There's no infected here. O-obviously not.." he paused as Snype walked up next to him and began explaining himself. He breathed out quietly, happy that he was at least next to him, in case the other Pokémon tried something.

A small smile painted on his lips at Snype's joke, shifting around as he got up to sit on his haunches, resting his arms along his side, glancing between Snype and the Golduck. He figured it would be better if he let Snype do all of the talking right now. He never were good at talking to others.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Survivor's Group
    Bill's House​

Sebastian glanced at the Sableye and smiled, "Yes, but that would have been too easy." It had been a long time since any of the survivor's had even tried to tell a joke.

"Let me ask you then Sableye, Have you see anyone from Cerulean? Anyone at all?" Sebastian's voice was filled with hope.

Benny Larson
    Bill's House​

Carol followed after Splash and was dragging Benny behind her since it would be impossible for him to match her pace. Eventually Bill's House appeared ahead. The door had already been busted in and she walked inside to see the other groups as well as a Raichu and a Sableye. She gave a quick look around and smiled, "No infected. Nice."

She smiled at the Raichu and Sableye, "No need to worry. You're safe now."

She turned back to Benny, "Orders sir?"

Benny immediately paled, "O-orders?"

Carol nodded, "You are the commander. We are the army. There has to be something in that head of yours that hasn't caused you to back down. You were just one man with only three pokemon, most of who don't even like or respect you. Yet you braved the city to drive out the infected even though you were outnumbered a hundred to one. Either you're very brave or very stupid. I'd like to think that you have the brave part down. You could use some training, I'll admit that, but I would rather have a leader that stands by me then have a coward. I'll follow and go wherever you lead me."

The rest of the survivors were quiet and then Sebastian spoke up, "If Carol sees something in him, then I'll follow too." One by one the rest of the survivors agreed with Carol.

Benny turned to the army pokemon and smiled weakly, "So, how about it guys? You want to let me lead?"

Megaman765

Years
  • "Can't say I have. I've just recently found Axel over here and figured I'd take care of him. I've been surviving by myself since this all started." Snype replied, leaning against one of the capsules. Afterwards a human came in... a human commander he assumed because everyone was debating about letting him lead. Talk about a lot of guests... they better not have dug through his supplies like candy.

"To be fair, I've been pretty safe myself for awhile now. I've had some close encounters but being a Dark Type has its advantages. I've lived here for awhile after all... still though... I guess you could all help me spruce the place up a little bit for our own benefit. Starting with the door you broke down. Kehehe..." Snype joked.

"Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Snype. I try to keep a positive attitude as much as possible in our post apocalyptic world we live in today. It helps me focus a bit more... I take your all from the army correct?" Snype said.

shaymin♥

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Flora

Species: Shaymin (Sky Form)

Human Age: 12

Appearance (Go in detail if you are infected, as you have different colors now):
    |~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

Side/Type: Stage One Infected

Personality(1-2 paragraphs):
    Before she was infected, Flora was a very kind and friendly Pokemon. She helped any Pokemon in need, despite their appearance. Flora is very curious about the world and very adventurous. She is also very intelligent and knows right from wrong most of the time.

After Flora was infected her personality dramatically changed. She is now cold-hearted and only thinks about herself and her master, Deoxys. Occasionally, despite Deoxys's orders, she sometimes can break away and go exploring to try to escape the control. Her adventurous personality still stands at these times. She cannot control her actions so right is most of the time wrong.

Background Story/History(1-2 paragraphs):
    Flora lived with her parents in the Flower Paradise in the Sinnoh region before she was infected. She always went exploring and her parents could trust her because she is an intelligent Pokemon. Flora most of the time went exploring in the daytime but one night she was feeling very adventurous and just had to go explore an area deep in the woods.

As she wandered around curiously, she could hear a faint whimpering noise from a tree up high. Of course with her caring personality, she had to go see what was wrong. She discovered a Pokemon that was infected but had no idea because it was extremely dark out. It was falsely sleeping and she thought it was dead. Flora reached for the Pokemon and right when she touched her soft paw on it, it's eyes light up bright yellow. She could then see it looked like the Pokemon her mother had told her to stay away from, Deoxys. Before she could escape, it had infected her viciously.

*Human Weapons (For those who are in the Valoran Army): N/A

Moveset (4 Original, 1 extra psychic move for Infected): Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Air Slash, Seed Flare, Psybeam*
    *Given to by Deoxys.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Sirva Flash

The woman took down the Mightyena and Tangela with one shot each and both of the infected collapsed in a pool of their own blood. "We're clear," she said, lowering her gun.

"Are you sure?" Benny asked.

"Ten years of navy training Benny. I'm sure about it. We need to get moving. No telling if they were part of a larger group."

"Carol?" a voice came from the woman's radio, "Can you read me over."

Carol grabbed the radio and spoke into it. "Yeah, I'm here Sebastian. What your status? Over."

Sirva listened to the conversation, a glint in her eyes. The recent battle with the Haunter had gotten her blood pumping and she was now ready for another battle.

"Let's move! Double time!" Carol said, waving the group after them as she and Benny ran off. Sirva followed, flying a few feet above so she could move faster. Following the woman came more naturally then following Benny - probably because Carol actually knew how to give orders.

When Bill's house came into sight, Sirva pumped her wings all the more, eager to meet more infected head to head. To her disappointment, the only inhabitants were the survivors and two non-infected Pokmon: a Sableye and a Raichu.

"No infected. Nice," Carol said after looking around, then added to the Sableye and Raichu, "No need to worry. You're safe now." Her next action took Sirva by surprise as she turned to Benny and asked him for orders.

Benny didn't seem to know what to do and stuttered, "O-orders?"

Carol nodded. "You are the commander. We are the army. There has to be something in that head of yours that hasn't caused you to back down. You were just one man with only three pokemon, most of who don't even like or respect you. Yet you braved the city to drive out the infected even though you were outnumbered a hundred to one. Either you're very brave or very stupid. I'd like to think that you have the brave part down. You could use some training, I'll admit that, but I would rather have a leader that stands by me then have a coward. I'll follow and go wherever you lead me."

"If Carol sees something in him, then I'll follow too," said Sebastian, the rest of the survivors following suit and agreeing with Carol.

Benny turned to the army Pokemon with a weak smile. "So, how about it guys? You want to let me lead?"

Sirva's mind was already set; Benny was weak, and she didn't follow weaklings. But Carol seemed fit for leadership, and if she wasn't going to take advantage of her clearly superior skills, then Sirva supposed for now she would do as Benny said... That is, as long as Carol appeared to actually agree with his orders.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Bill's House​

The sound of a gunshot filled Number's ears, startling her enough to immediately let go of the Mightyena she had been biting onto ever so tightly. The dog Pokémon yelped, staggered and finally collapsed. The young Nidorina was thrown into the air, though she managed to land on her feet. Another gunshot sounded. "Fear deer," someone said. What? What did that mean? Number's ears were ringing, for her ears were quite sensitive and the gunshots were anything but quiet. Benny looked around. "Amateur?"

Number blinked in a confused state and looked around. The two humans exchanged conversation and then the female said something to the group while making odd motions. Splash was shouting something, but Number could not tell what. The female human then ran off, with the male human and Splash following right after and Sirva flying above. Number could see that they were moving on, so she ran after them. The eerie, unnatural muffled noises were unnerving to Number. The only way she could possibly be aware she was running was the fact that she felt it. She couldn't hear herself. After what seemed like ages, she caught up to the rest of the army. Number hadn't been running as fast as she usually did. When you are suddenly impaired in some way, you're afraid to do anything that has risks. Like running, tripping and falling. The army had made it to Bill's house, and their body postures were relaxed. No infected there, Number presumed.

"Orders, sir?" Carol asked the commander. Number immediately looked up at his face. "O-orders?" the commander replied. Even the very word scared him. This was not going to work out so well. If it weren't for the shakiness of his voice, Number wouldn't have realized he was still afraid. Everyone who spoke sounded like they had thick blankets draped over their heads, though Number's hearing gradually improved. She walked on all fours through the door and saw two Pokémon there. A Sableye and a Raichu.

Number immediately froze when she spotted the Raichu. She lowered her head a bit and watched it from the doorway. Her eyes wandered to the tip of the Raichu's tail. It had a sharp point. This Raichu was a male. Number had learned how to tell the difference when she lived in the family of Raichu and Pikachu. For reasons unknown to even herself, just looking at the Raichu made her feel nervous. It wasn't the "you're scaring me so I'm going to eat your face" kind of nervous. It was the "I better not do anything that upsets you, because I don't want you to be angry" kind of nervous. She did not know why, as this was a Raichu she had never met and she could attack him for no reason at all if she pleased. "So, how about it guys? You want to let me lead?" Benny asked. Number could hear this muffled voice say this, but she didn't listen.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Splash
    Bill's House​

Thankfully, no more Pokémon attacked them, as they made it to Bill's House. The sight of the somewhat-large house was a welcome sight to Splash, who let out a breath of relief and got up on his hind legs to continue walking.

As they made their way inside, the other group of Pokémon had seemingly encountered a Raichu and a Sableye. Splash furrowed his brows as he looked the two over. They clearly weren't infected, but there was something about the Raichu that seemed familiar. It didn't matter, he thought.

Glancing back at the remainder of the others, even Sirva was able to fit through the actually rather large door, and there were enough space in here and in the other rooms of the house for them all to be in, at least for the time being.

"Orders sir?" Carol said, causing Splash to perk slightly up, turning to glance up at the two humans while they exchanged their words. Splash folded his arms across his chest, glancing at the other army Pokémon. None of them seemed inclined to speak up, and Number seemed to be watching the Raichu wearily. Perhaps she had seen it before as well…

"So, how about it guys? You want to let me lead?" Benny said, smiling weakly. Splash regarded him for a moment, glancing around at the others as well. From what he had seen, he hadn't been the greatest of leaders so far. Carol had been much more determined, and for the life of him, Splash had no idea why she would put Benny in charge instead of herself. Less responsibility, he supposed.

"Well, 'm only speakin' for myself, but I'm willin' t'give you a shot at leadin' our little group. However.." Splash narrowed his eyes slightly, keeping his posture as he looked up at Benny. "This ain't a game. If y'f*ck up, one or more of us might die, or become infected, so if y'want a suggestion, I'd start wearin' t'leader pants 'n show us what y'can do."
    Splash didn't say this in a menacing, or a threatening tone, simply stating the cold, hard facts, before he lifted an arm and gave Benny's side a friendly little smack, smirking. "Ain't personal or anythin', I just don't really wanna die."

Turning his head, he then regarded Sableye with a nod of his head and a wry grin. "Aye, I s'pose we are. At least out lil' group here, dunno 'bout Carol 'n her lot." He nodded towards the Golduck and the others. "Sorry for breakin' into your hideout by the way. We'll help out makin' sure no one'll get in."

Axel
    Bill's House​

Axel was glancing between Snype and the Golduck, as well as the other couple of Pokémon and humans that had entered, not wanting to speak up, as this wasn't his house. Would only be fair if Snype did the talking and decision making.

And then, suddenly, another group of Pokémon and people barged into the house. The woman in front of them seemed to be dishing out orders and generally be in charge. Axel stayed in place, next to Snype, with his paws resting down his sides, though not looking too happy with this many others nearby.

He glanced over the group of newly arrived, until he locked eyes with a Nidorina, who seemed to be staring at him rather intently. Axel's eyes widened a little and he sat even more still than before. What was she thinking? Was she going to attack? Why was she –staring- like that at him?

He then caught the glance of a Wartortle with a metallic helmet on his head, as well as spikes on his shell. He thankfully didn't keep staring, but he –did- look rather familiar…
    Axel blinked. A flash of images ran through his head, of a large room with several pools of water inside. A woman standing on the other side of one of them, with a Wartortle next to her. And next to Axel was…

Shaking his head a little, Axel snapped back to reality. His brows furrowed, and he had finally looked away from the Nidorina. The Wartortle was the Pokémon he had fought with, right before the infected attacked. Small world.

He then noticed that Snype was introducing himself. Axel cleared his throat quietly before muttering out, though clearly enough for everyone to hear. "I'm… uhm, I'm Axel." Looking over the group, he slowly started thinking; What if they had seen Daniel? What if he had been in their group at one point, but had disappeared? Any information would be better than no information...
    And with thinking that, he got a more determined look in his eyes, the uncertainty and fear of the newcomers brushed away like dead flies on a coffee table. He'd have to ask them if they had seen him, once he'd get the chance.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    "Yes I do," Flight nodded, probably a little surprised by his idea, "Do you think it's safe enough??"

Ness knew the risks. But, he thought, let's be honest. How many other places in Kanto do you even know the names of?

The underground path was solid, buried brick. He'd been through it on his way to Cerulean that fateful day.
    "Let's see," He said aloud. "It's underground, so that's a plus. It can be locked, that's another plus. It's a path though, so it has two exits… well, it's the best I could think of. You coming?"

Then he remembered the state his companion was in and thought himself idiotic for saying that - but any apologies he had were drowned out by an extremely sudden downpour.

Ness cursed. The rain had just halved his already weakened power. He was essentially useless if he were to get involved in any battles. He muttered to himself, and moodily sat under a tree to shelter from the rain. And so they remained, the Espeon and Emolga, for much of the night. What was there to talk about, after all? The rain continued unabated, and as a result, so did Ness's bad mood. He used a few Calm Minds in an attempt to help, but to no avail.

He finally worked up the courage to speak, standing up and walking a meter or two from his tree.
    "So, uh, Flight," he began. "Where do you come fro-"

A vicious, churning wave crashed its way through the clearing and slammed viciously into Ness, launching him backward into the tree. Thankfully, his earlier calm minds kept him standing.

Standing still, he concentrated on the area the Surf had come from, and the air near him developed a foggy, dreamlike quality.

Multiple solid orbs appeared around him, and the fog around him dissipated as he sent them flying into the bush.

Nothing happened… and then, the lobster-like pokemon that had undeniably launched the attack stepped into the open.

It was undeniably infected.

"Well, looky here!" it laughed gleefully. "Guess someone doesn't know who they're dealing with! Now, listen carefully. Psychic attacks don't work on me. And I've been ordered to take as many captives as possible. So, how we goin' to do this? You goin' to come quietly, or do I have to do this the hard way?"

Ness gulped. He looked around nervously, backing away with a slow tread.
    <Uh, Flight?> He asked telepathically. <I could do with some help here…>

((It's a Crawdaunt, just so you know))

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
    Years
  • Blaze - Bill's House

The group made double time to the safe house. It was obvious by now that the infected wanted them for something, whether to be infected or worse, and Blaze wasn't just going to wait around for that to happen. Thus hurrying towards the safe house. They ran through the forest for a few minutes, some pokemon rushing ahead to scout, others staying with the group to protect each other. Carol was seeming to have a hard time keeping Benny on his feet. The group finally broke into a clearing to see the house, with a group of pokemon at the entrance and inside the house.

For a time Blaze stood outside and panted, trying to catch his breath again. Running for a long distance after an intense battle was hard, and it wore him out. Especially as the adrenaline left his body, leaving him weary. It had been a long day, and Blaze wanted nothing more than to sleep. But duty called, and Blaze had to answer. As he walked into the house, he took inventory of the things there. It appeared to be in shambles, and things littered the floor. There was a large group of pokemon standing and discussing together, probably Carol's forces. Also was a Raichu and a Sableye. Blaze could have sworn that he had seen the Raichu before somewhere, but couldn't place it. He stored the information in his mind, and turned his attention to the main event of the room. Benny.

Blaze turned his attention to the discussion right as Benny had just asked if the army would accept him as their leader. There was a general mumbling among the pokemon, some not replying, like Number, Blaze noticed. The first one to talk was Splash, his accent breaking through the general mumbling of the gathered pokemon. "Well, 'm only speakin' for myself, but I'm willin' t'give you a shot at leadin' our little group. However... This ain't a game. If y'f*ck up, one or more of us might die, or become infected, so if y'want a suggestion, I'd start wearin' t'leader pants 'n show us what y'can do. Ain't personal or anythin', I just don't really wanna die." Splash was a bit cold in his remarks, but Blaze thought that it was well deserved. Benny hadn't done a whole lot of leading lately, it was time for him to step up.

Blaze cleared his throat, "The simple fact is that if we go off on our own, we die. We will do best in a large group like we have been doing. I, for one, would rather have pokemon that I can trust watching my back, and not be out there alone. But without some leadership, that is whats going to happen. Without any leadership, pokemon will desert, thinking they'll do better on their own. And suddenly the infected will win. To win this war we will need organization, strategy. Benny, if you can provide these things for us, we will fight, and we will win. If not, then we'll just have to find a new leader. But I'll go with Benny."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Benny Larson
    Bill's House​

It looked like Splash and Blaze were willing to follow him. Sirva and Number weren't inclined to comment but Benny hoped that they were okay with him leading. Carol smiled, "Alright seems like we have a majority. What do we do now sir?"

Benny frowned, "Uh... I guess we'll... set up some pokemon to defend the house?"

Carol nodded and had the Feraligatr, Floatzel, and the Corphish went out to make a perimeter. Benny looked around, "I guess now we look around and see what supplies we have and start unpacking the supplies we have." The humans wasted no time in undoing the packs and bringing out the meager supplies they had brought with them.

Carol looked over at Number and frowned, something was up with the Nidorina. She seemed to be out of it and didn't seem to be reacting to anything that had been said in the conversation. Carol knelt down before her, "Number, everything alright?"

Sebastian looked over Snype and Axel, "Well, looks like we're all in this together than. I'm not sure how much you two know about military procedures but we'll get you two straightened up. We have to make this a safe house so do you two know anything special? Is there anything that can be used to adequately defend this place?"

Deoxys
    Mt. Moon​

Deoxys looked over the various pokemon in his chamber. All were filled with fear and many were crying from all the injections he had given them. Some were thrashing in their bonds to break free while others simply lay there, all the hope dissipated from their eyes. Deoxys watched wordlessly as he judged the new strain of his infection. It would take time but with the abundance of test subjects his infected had brought him he would be able to constantly test the effects of his new strains.

Finding the new strain was important, but there was another task that was even more important. He reached out to the four infected that he had hand selected and gave the command that they had been yearning for. These four were special. He had infused them with raw power directly from his being to use against the foe they would be pursuing. He gave them the coordinates and their orders. They were to bring back the subject alive at all costs. While his infected would deal with the retrieval tasks he could spend all of his time perfecting his strain for the newcomer.

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype didn't move as the group debated with eachother about this... "Benny" being the leader. Snype wasn't fond of taking orders seeing how he's been able to survive just fine by himself. Although the house was falling appart... He did get pretty peaved when Benny mentioned searching the house for supplies. This house was going to get crowded fast... and all these humans weren't helping at all. Again, he didn't mind helping, but he couldn't help but be annoyed.

"Ahem... you mean MY supplies. Your free to take what you want. I've scavenged quite a few stuff to survive out here... so don't get carried away. I gotta survive out there too you know. Many of those supplies were mostly scavenged from abandoned buildings or fallen troops. I had to manage somehow. Sorry." Snype said to the group.

Snype noticed a Nidorina stareing at Raichu for some reason... did they know each other? Didn't matter to Snype... what mattered was how they were going to set up defenses.

"Your talking to a Sableye with the best sight around. Nothing escapes my eyes! My question though is how you all plan to defend this place. If you stick soldiers outside of the base willy nilly then you may as well put up a big sign for the infected that says "We're here." Snype said to Sebastian.

"I've survived here by being as discreet as possible and by placing traps. If your here, then the infected are bound to notice this place alot faster. When this house becomes more fortified, we can place defenses around as we wish, but right now this house isn't in any condition to be a suitable base for a large group of people and Pokemon." Snype continued explaining, pacing back and forth.

"One more thing. Were you followed? Tell me you weren't followed. The infected have eyes everywhere. They might already be planning to attack this place for all we know. Call me paranoid but we have to be prepared for any possibility. First thing we gotta focus on is getting this building back into shape and fortifying it a little more so we can survive a regular attack..." Snype finished. He figured somebody was going to speak up about Snype acting too much like a leader but he's lived in this old building for awhile. It's much easier to be hidden when your that small, but with an army? That was more complicated...

"I can show you every possible way to enter this building and we can try making some traps for those. Maybe something less cheap then the ones you all fell for. Kehehehe..." Snype joked.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Bill's House​

Number noticed the Raichu's eyes widen and he froze also. He probably hadn't been expecting someone to be staring at him, especially with all the conversation and planning going on. After a few moments, the Raichu looked away. Number swallowed the saliva building up in her mouth without moving her eyes. Despite her liking to think rationally at all times, she was still a nine year old child whether she liked it or not, and thinking about her "parents" made her feel slightly homesick. What irked her was that she hadn't remembered them at all until she saw this Raichu.

"Number, everything alright?" Carol suddenly asked. Number's eyes widened and she looked into Carol's face. Her hearing had fully returned, and she hadn't expected Carol's voice to sound so loud.

"Uh, why wouldn't I be alright?" Number asked her. She tried to ignore the fact that Carol knelt down to be on her level. It was either a way to give Number a sense of equality, or an insult to show just how small she was. But she didn't want to just assume things and cause an unneeded stir. Her bright red eyes looked around the room and she realized some of the Pokémon were gone. This worried Number. They weren't going to stand outside in plain sight, were they? The Sableye suddenly spoke up and expressed the same concern Number had. He was right - guarding the house would catch the Infecteds' eyes and MAKE them come over and investigate.

"We weren't followed, but we did face a slight… disturbance on our way here. We took care of them. But I wouldn't be surprised if more Infected show up and discover the bodies." Number paused. "You know, I thought this place was perfect a couple of hours ago when it was just the male human, Sirva, Blaze, Splash, and myself. But with all the other soldiers we've picked up, you're right. They'll have no trouble seeing us. That's why I strongly suggested we split up. Traps aren't too bad an idea, but that depends on if we plan to stay here, or continue relocating so our location remains unknown. The problem with staying is once we're found here, we're found and no trap will change that. Traps can't continue to work forever.

"Especially if, no, when they inform Deoxys. Just how Cerulean was blown up to bits, Deoxys can order this house to be bombed too, and he'll do so while we're inside expecting Infected to barge through windows and doors and whatever else. We have to see this in Deoxys' perspective. If I were him, I would bomb this little building while we're basically piling over each other. In this little place, we're giftwrapped for him. A job that could have been difficult will be completed in the blink of an eye. The reason the traps worked for you was because you were alone and so Deoxys wasn't threatened enough to take action. Actually, he probably wasn't even aware you were in here. But now, there's an army here. The only way to defend the house would be to leave soon and let you continue to work how you did before we got here. As long as we're in plain sight, we aren't safe. I mean, we're already being ambushed by groups of Infected. Before I joined the army, I was usually only attacked by lone Infected or sometimes pairs. We need to try to keep moving around. Even if we move around in plain sight as well, it's still easier to escape because we're on our toes constantly and we can see everything around us. Though I can't deny having a stationary place to meet up and plan is also infinitely helpful."

Number looked at the floor. "…An underground shelter would be beautiful right about now. Same as this house, only getting discovered unexpectedly isn't as dangerous because we can't be bombed. Only the entrances would need to be guarded with complete, undivided attention. However, that isn't to say it's exactly easy to find something hidden underground." Number realized how strange her childish voice sounded while saying this.

Then she thought about how the Infected from before weren't exactly trying to kill them, only catch them. But then again, that did not mean Deoxys wanted to capture the army specifically. For all Number knew, they only needed any random uninfected Pokémon, and the army happened to be the first ones they saw. In which case, going to the extreme measures of killing them wasn't a too-out-there solution. Number needed to expect the worst, so she couldn't be disappointed no matter what happened. It was either stay in Bill's House and get bombed, stay in Bill's House and prevent capture, or run away and kill as they went. But if they stayed in Bill's House and Deoxys DID want to only catch them, keeping all his minions out would surely anger him and push him to bombing the place anyway as a result. There were plenty of Pokémon out there to catch and infect, and it didn't hurt Deoxys at all to destroy his largest threat thus far.

Back