• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Sirva Flash
    Cerulean City

"I apologize, I'll be sure to notify you the next time I plan to be knocked unconscious," Number said in reply to Sirva's irritated growl.

Blaze seemed to be the only one with a sensible head on his shoulders. "Alright, we should have stuck together. I hadn't been able to find you, and Number needed some serious medical attention. She just recently fully recovered. Anyways, yes we should have stayed together, and lets make sure to do so in the future. Now, moving on, whats our plan of action? It would be best to move out while we still have some daylight left."

"'Ey there. Glad y'could join us. We were just talkin' 'bout you!" the Wartortle said, a grin plastered on his face. He then turned partially back to Number and Blaze, apparently answering something one of them had asked before Sirva had come in. "And in regards to t'hideout… I know a place north 'f here. Not a lot of people from out oftown know 'bout it, and only 'bout half of those livin' in Cerulean knows 'bout it. I could lead y'there 'n we could make it our headquarters, if y'wanted."

'Well, at least they didn't completely forget me,'
    Sirva thought, though that didn't really comfort her much.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good place to start. Lets go then!" Blaze said, walking past Sirva and out the door, then stopping and looking at the Wartortle. "Maybe it would be best if you took the lead. Seeing as how you are really the only one who knows where we are going...."

"A'ight, let's head off. It's a small trek from here, but should be good for a headquarters. 'S just on t'other side of t'forest," the Wartortle said with another grin, following the Arcanine out the door. Number followed, sending a challenging look Sirva's way as she passed. The Charizard just grunted; she'd deal with it later.

"It's going to get dark soon. I think Sirva should walk next to Splash so her tail will light the way." Sirva cast an annoyed glance at Number as the Nidorina said this. As if she was going to act as their flashlight.

There was another moment of hesitations when a voice sounded faintly through the city. "Did anybody else hear something?" Blaze asked. Number and the Wartortle seemed to have heard it as well, the latter looking around as if to find the source.

Sirva didn't need to second guess who it was. The only person she could think of that would be dumb enough to shout like that in a city no doubt infested with enemies would be... "See, I knew he'd still be around," Number said, then added in for the Wartortle's sake, "Our human." Seems she had the same idea... After a moments consideratoin, the Nidorina said coldly, "Let him find us."

Sirva couldn't agree more. If this had been a normal battle the human might have come in handy as a second pair of eyes and maybe or a tip or two, but in an all out fight with the infected... He would only get in their way. Her tail twitched as she looked at the others, impatient to get moving again. "Well? Let's go then."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Just shut up and wait." Snype said bluntly. The two Pokemon were definitely here to clean up, and Axel was likely the target. Since he was so beaten up, they were planning to infect him... smart. But with no Axel to find, then it seemed like a failed mission. Unfortunately for Snype, they were clever. They started to cut through nearby shrubs. It was only a matter of time before Snype and Axel were found. Luckily, Snype had a plan.

It was getting dark. Perfect time to make an escape.

"Axel, shield your eyes. On my signal, run for it." Snype said. As the Sneasel and Drowzee came closer and prepared to tear through their hiding spot, Snype peeked out and used Flash on both of them. He emmited a bright glow out of his eyes and temporarily blinded the two infected Pokemon. The flash could be seen from quite a distance...

"Run!" Snype said, making a dash for it, hoping that Axel would follow.

(Your free to control the infected Pokemon if you wish Bastian.)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

Axel quickly quieted down on Snype's request, peering over to him, clearly wanting to ask more questions, but as the Pokémon came into sight, he kept his mouth shut, pressing himself firmly against the ground. He had no idea how they were going to get out of this. He was beat up pretty badly, and couldn't take many more hits, but he could still fight if need be. He –was- evolved after all, though this thought never really crossed his mind.

"Axel, shield your eyes. On my signal, run for it."

Axel blinked curiously, but did as he said, lifting his paws to cover his eyes. A moment later, he realized Snype had used Flash as a bright flash of light covered the area outside of his paws. "Run!" he heard Snype say, stumbling to a stand on all four as he turned and darted into the forest.

The Sneasel, being a Dark type and used to the darkness, was more affected by the attack, but the Drowzee only took a few moments to recover. "H… hey, there! Over there!" Axel continued running into the forest, following right behind Snype as the two other Pokémon pursued.

As they were running, the Drowzee used Disable on Snype, preventing him from using the ability again, however, he was having a hard time keeping up with the two. The Sneasel though, now having recovered, sped along and managed to pass by them via the treetops, thanks to the use of Agility.

After a short while of following them, it lept down, using a Quick Attack to slam into Snype and knock him off course, into a thick bush. Axel, coming running right after him widened his eyes before a determined look spread on his face, hellbent on not letting his savior get infected. He used a Quick Attack of his own and slammed, head-first , into the Sneasel, smashing it into a tree. It didn't seem to affect it at all however, simply getting up and shrugging it off. The Drowzee was heard not far behind.

"D-damnit… what… what do we do?" Axel said as he stared down the Sneasel with a timid look on his face, backing a little up, though keeping himself between his new friend and the sneasel.

Megaman765

Years
    Snype got hit by Disable afterwards. He could feel a slight pain in his eye when the Drowzee hit him. So much for using Flash again... The pain in his eye distracted him as Sneasel managed to catch up and use quick attack on him, knocking him off course. Of course, it didn't hurt him since he was a ghost type. Axel managed to get back at the Sneasel but it didn't do too much to the steel type. Luckily Snype could manage against these kinds of Pokemon.

Snype got back up and used Low Sweep on Sneasel, knocking it on its feet and doing a significant amount of damage due to its quad weakness to it. The Sneasel was planted down onto the floor with a good amount of pain in its legs. He could take the Drowzee. What was a Psychic type gonna do to Snype?

"Stay put." Snype said, waiting for the Drowzee to approach them. As the Drowze approached them about to attack, Snype's shadow began to extend. A shadow figure of Snype appeared from the shadow and stopped the Drowzee in its tracks, giving them some more time to make an escape.

"Keep going." Snype urged as he continued to make a run for it.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

Snype quickly got up after having been knocked down, and managed to slam the Sneasel into the ground without much trouble, causing Axel to blink a little in surprise. As the Drowzee caught up to them, the shadowy apparition of Snype stepped out and began to fend off the Psychic Pokémon, the Sneasel still down.

He turned around to face Snype again and nodded quickly as he dashed forwards again, not as his top speed however, due to his injuries. Eventually, they came to a tree that was slightly larger than the others. Axel came to a halt, the pursuers being quite far behind.

"… Come on!" he said and darted around the tree before taking a few, quick climbs up the trunk of it, moving into the crown of the tree. He found a branch that was rather shielded from the others parts of the tree with rather thick leaves, waiting for Snype to follow along.

"We… should be alright here. They'll think we kept going. Just stay quiet. We'll make a run for it after they've gone again."

Megaman765

Years
    "Hah... good thing they're both weak to my attacks. I'm not always that lucky." Snype said quietly. The other two Pokemon were pretty well knocked out. At least the Sneasel was. A fighting move doesn't go well against Ice and Dark. Snype sat close to Axel. The infected Drowzee ditched the wounded Sneasel and continued going, completely missing Snype and Axel. Eventually they were in the clear.

"Phew... Close call. I say we're in the clear." Snype said. He looked back in the direction where the wounded Sneasel was. It was pretty well knocked out.

"Well comon. We aren't going to just leave that thing there." Snype said as he walked toward the knocked out Sneasel. He snapped off a piece of wood from a nearby tree branch and started to sharpen it with his claws. You could take a good guess on what he was about to do.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Benny Larson
    Cerulean City​

Benny waited for a few seconds, straining to listen for anyone to respond to his voice. The city was silent. Benny groaned and sat down on the rubble, but quickly jumped off and grabbed his stuff when he heard footsteps. This was not the place to mope in, he had to find some shelter quickly. He didn't want to be killed by some wandering infected. Without the others he was pretty much helpless. Benny readied himself with his makeshift hammer, if anything else at least he could at least hold off some infected for a short time. He ran to the next pile of rubble and quickly looked around before he ran right to the other side of the street and crouched down in the alleyway.

Just before he moved a Marowak, a Shinx, and a Tangela were near the other end of the alleyway, and all of them were infected. The Shinx was sniffing the air and pointed to a dumpster. The Marowak wasted no time in opening it up and disappeared inside. Suddenly a Quagsire was tossed onto the street. The water-type could only cry out as the Tangela sent out some vines and wrapped him up. The Quagsire squirmed as the three left the alley with their captive. Benny waited for a few seconds before he dashed to the end and looked around, they were gone. Benny kicked the side of the building in frustration, if only he hadn't chickened up! He could have saved the Quagsire.

Benny looked around and his eyes rested on a police station. There weren't any police around so it wouldn't hurt to see just what he could find in there. He sped over to the building and went to the rear. There was also a door back here. Before he could try the knob he felt something press against his back. "Move human and I blast your chest open."

Benny looked behind him and noticed a Golduck holding the palm of his hand against his back. "Look straight ahead and I- Oh, yes. I forgot that you can't understand me. Well, then I'll just have to-'

"Um, actually I can. I have a translator."

The Golduck blinked in surprise but quickly regained his composure, "Then hands against the wall!"

Benny did as he was told as the Golduck patted him down. The pokemon grabbed his hammer and clicked on a radio he had attached to his shoulder, "He's clean. Open up." The back door opened up with a Floatzel on the other side. He was pushed inside and the door locked behind him. The Golduck pushed him forward, "Keep going." Jack was led through the room and noticed some humans huddled together. The only other pokemon inside were a poliwhirl, a wartortle, a corphish, and a Feraligatr. The Floatzel opened a door and led him into a room filled with monitors with a woman in a blue police uniform sitting in the room.

"I saw your work with those pokemon. That was pretty brave, facing all those infected with limited numbers." The woman turned from the monitors. She had red hair and blue eyes. She stood only slightly lower than Benny and she had an athletic build. "My name is Carol. I'm the only police officer alive in the town. Sorry about Sebastian's pat down, we have had some pretty… desperate humans trying to get in. The people and pokemon you just saw are the only ones who managed to escape the massacre. Anyone else is either dead or infected. That's the situation, so where's the rendezvous point?"

"What?" Benny asked.

Carol sighed, "You're... not a rescue party... are you?"

Benny shook his head and Carol breathed in deeply before grabbing the chair and throwing it at a wall, "Dammit!"

Once she had regained her composure she turned back around, "Well, who the hell are you!?"

Benny gulped, he never did well with angry women. "We're the army, we came back to take the city."

Carol laughed, "Take it back!? No, the city is gone. Everyone outside is dead. It's a graveyard. There is nothing to take back. Misty has gone missing, the mayor is dead, and this radio doesn't work!" Carol punched the wall.

The Golduck, who Benny figured was Sebastian, stepped up, "Carol, supplies are running low. We need to go, rescue or not."

Carol nodded, "You're right Sebastian. Okay, get everyone ready, we leave this city now." The Golduck headed off. "You also have a translator?" Benny asked.

Carol nodded, "Police issued. Let's us communicate with our partners better. Get ready Benny, you're coming with us."

Benny shook his head, "No, I've got to find the army! They're still out there!"

Carol frowned and then turned back to the cameras. She nodded, "Yeah, I can see them. We can go and pick them up, we'll need all the help we can get. Most of the infected have already left so it shouldn't be a problem."

"I thought you were going to say that it would be too dangerous."

"I am a police officer Benny. I never leave anyone behind."

Sebastian returned, "We have the supplies ready, here you go." Benny grabbed his hammer.

They walked to the front door and Benny was surprised to see all the humans armed with weapons. Carol noticed his surprise, "Everyone left after the first wave hit. The others didn't have time to grab extra weapons from the armory. They just thought it was a riot." Carol grabbed a shotgun as she spoke to the crowd, "Alright, the plan is to head north from the city. There is a chance that we may have to be cut off from each other, but remember the destination is Bill's house. If anyone is cut off, find another route or get clear of the area. If you do, then get word to the authorities where we will be. Let's go!"

Carol forced open the barricaded door and led the group out into the streets. Like she said, there weren't any infected around. "This way, let's move it!" Carol began to jog down the street with the group following.

It took only a few minutes for the small group to navigate the destroyed city, but they turned a corner and there in the open was the army pokemon. "Guys!" Benny shouted as he ran up, "You all are alive! I thought for a moment… Oh, this is a rebellion force." Carol walked up, "So, you're the army? Good, we can always use more pokemon. We're heading to Bill's house. It's a fortress up there so we should be safe, unless you're needed somewhere else?"

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
    Flight - Normal
    Forest

The sky was full of clouds...with flocks of birds today...why did they have to...be so far away...

Flight couldn't think straight anymore. Looking at the skies with barely opened eyes, old Emolgan songs and poems appeared in her mind. Her mother had used to sing these...not anymore.

How she missed those days...

If only the others can stop and see...how joyful and vibrant the world can be...

"Are… are you okay?" asked the same voice, and Flight tensed in alarm, finding herself no longer in the land of daydreams.

Before her stood an Espeon, obviously not afraid of the weak Emolga. Another psychic type! She had seen too many of them...in Flight's mind, she merely wanted a good, quiet sleep.

"D-Do you think I am....?" Flight croaked, still managing to stay sarcastic despite her severe condition. She watched weakly as the Espeon calmed himself, sending a pulse of strange energy into her body. Flight braced and closed his eyes, expecting to be killed and destroyed. But on the contrary, she felt...better. Much better, in fact.

The wounds were still there, bleeding and sore, but for the first time in a while, Flight felt... conscious. Looking at one of her hands, the squirrel waved it around, smiling a bit as her senses had finally returned. Her mind was exceptionally calm, and she observed the Espeon, eyes glowing with gratitude. He was a loner, however, or maybe worse - an Army Pokemon. Why did help an Infected?

"Alright. Now that your brain, at least, isn't near-death, who are you? And how can I help you recover?" he asked, and Flight hesitated a bit before answering.

"They call me...Flight," she answered softly, "And in my 'master''s perspective, I'm trouble. As for recovering...I guess I'll just wait and rest until they recover."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Somnus
    Mt. Moon
    Somnus walked with the Breelom following hesitantly behind him until he reached the cavern he had left Alistar and the Axew in.

"Alright, I have our teleporter. Teleporter, this is Alistar and a Axew."

The Breelom spoke up, "Um, my name is Dillian."

Somnus promptly ignored him, "You two, this is our helpful teleporter. He's going to be assisting us for some time. Now, I was thinking of having us teleport to Viridian Forest. There are bugs and flying types there, but they are considerably weak and will be easy to capture. Do you two have any other ideas?"

The Breelom spoke up again, "Actually we could-"

"I was speaking to these two teleporter, not to you. So, any thoughts?"

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
    Years
    Blaze - Cerulean City

Both the wartortle and Number had heard something, and nodded. Splash scratched his head and replied, "… Yeah, I heard it a'ight. Y'wanna see who's callin', or should we just head off? 'S your call, I dunno how many friends got lost in t'battle." His call? As if he, Blaze, was the leader. Blaze didn't want to be the leader, he was never great at leadership. Blaze just buried the topic for later when they weren't in danger of being attacked and looked at Number as she spoke up. "See, I knew he'd still be around, our human....Let him find us." It was a bit cold, but Blaze somewhat agreed. He felt a bit bad about just leaving the human here, but he hadn't been helpful so far. He would only get in their way, they would travel faster without him.

Blaze nodded reluctantly. "I guess he'll be fine. I mean, he must have other Army pokemon to protect him. Well, if we are in agreement then, shall we go?" He gestured with his paw forward and the group started moving forward, led by Splash. Sirva walked beside him, lighting the way in the dusk light, through the desolate streets of the abandoned city. Blaze kept an eye out for any pokemon, infected or otherwise, but saw none. It seemed strange that they had just left, the battle hadn't been decisive, there wasn't any reason for the infected to retreat. That could only mean that they got what they had come for. What they had come for in the first place was beyond him, he couldn't understand what went on in the twisted minds of the infected.

They were about to start out into the fading light when Blaze heard a rustling from around the corner of the building, like feet shuffling. Lots of feet. Blaze crouched, ready to leap on whoever might be coming around the corner. He suspected that it was infected, realizing that they probably hadn't left the city completely. As Blaze was about to attack, hearing the footsteps closer than ever, the human stepped around the corner and stared at them. Blaze quickly stood up straight in shock, feeling a bit awkward as the group had just been talking about leaving the human, Benny, behind.

"Guys!" Benny shouted as he ran up, "You all are alive! I thought for a moment… Oh! This is a rebellion force!" He gestured back at the group of humans and pokemon behind him. "We're heading to Bill's house. It's a fortress up there so we should be safe, unless you're needed somewhere else?"

Blaze shook his head, "Bill's house sounds as good as any a place to regroup. Its getting dark anyway, it would be good to get somewhere secure so we don't have to worry about the infected tonight." Blaze looked back at the others, "Is that okay with you guys?" He looked over the rest of the group, especially Number. She didn't seem to like the human at all, but Blaze hoped that she would go with him at least this time...

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Splash
    Cerulean City​

Splash nodded his head, glancing a little at the other three. He must've been a pretty terrible human for them to just want to walk off and leave him behind. But that wasn't really Splash's problem, he just had to try and help out the best he could, and not knowing said human… he couldn't really judge them for leaving him behind.

He glanced up at Blaze, who gestured for them to go. Splash nodded his head again, this time with a faint shrug to accompany it. "A'ight, if you're sure. He ain't my human, 'n you'll probably know 'bout him better. C'mon, it's this way."

Splash then led the three of them through the broken and battered streets of the city, lighted up by Sirva's flame, walking with determined steps while glancing around, looking for whatever infected might be around. Suddenly, Blaze stopped, apparently hearing something. Splash stopped as well, his ears wavering faintly in the very light breeze that had started running across them. Now he could hear it too.

Readying himself for combat, Splash took a battle stance, staring intently at the corner of the house where the sounds were coming from. And just as he was ready to leap on whoever came around, he noticed in time that it was a group of people and Pokémon. Definitely not infected. This caused him to relax a little, letting out a breath of air.

"Guys!" Benny shouted as he ran up, "You all are alive! I thought for a moment… Oh! This is a rebellion force!" He gestured back at the group of humans and pokemon behind him. "We're heading to Bill's house. It's a fortress up there so we should be safe, unless you're needed somewhere else?"

Splash raised his brows a little. Apparently, he hadn't been the only one who had gotten that idea. He snickered a little, folding his arms across his chest. "Actually, we were just on our way there. Y'welcome to tag along if y'want."

He sounded very sure of himself, but from the way the human spoke, it was the guy they had just decided to leave behind, and if what they said about him was right, Splash wasn't going to play second fiddle for him anytime soon. He –had- a trainer, and he wasn't about to let anyone else take that position just yet.

" 'S fine by me, the more, t'merrier. Would be easier to keep the infected away 't any rate. So if you're comin' or not, 'm gonna head up there." He gave a nod at the group of humans and Pokémon, some of them staring at him quite annoyedly, some of them with a hint of respect. Being the Pokémon of this city's gym leader, he was known by almost everyone in town and equally loathed and loved for his cocksureness, though it was the majority of Pokémon who seemed annoyed by him, considering the humans didn't understand him.

He turned around and gave a nod to the other three following him, almost as if telling them that they could come along if they wanted, or stick with this new group of people. He then turned on his heel, and began walking down an empty alleyway, towards the north.

Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

"Heh… yeah, I guess that's lucky." He mumbled quietly, not wanting to draw attention to them. He crumpled a little up as the Drowzee passed beneath them, Axel letting out a sigh of relief.

He turned his head to Snype as he jumped down from the tree, Axel looking just a tad clueless. He crawled down along the trunk and followed Snype on all four, over to the other Pokémon who had been completely knocked out.

Axel watched Snype for a moment before widening his eyes, realizing what he was about to do. A quick flash of memories ran through his head, both of the Axew, Flight and the Typhlosion. All of the Pokémon were still in there. They were just being forced to do these things…

"N-no! Stop!" Axel lept forwards, quickly managing to stumble in between Snype and the Sneasel, standing up on his feet, shaking his head quickly. "Snype, you can't… you can't kill it! It might be infected, but… but the real Pokémon is still in there!" he looked at the Sableye pleadingly, clearly not wanting the murder of a fellow Pokémon on his consciousness. It was clear that Axel thought of the infected as Pokémon, despite what he had seen them do.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Leaving Cerulean City​
    "Well? Let's go then," Sirva said impatiently after the group had briefly stopped to agree on what should be done about the human. Number turned her head back to get a short final look at Cerulean City. She couldn't exactly tell how, but she felt as if she knew they wouldn't come back here. Or if they did, it wouldn't be for quite a while.

"I guess he'll be fine. I mean, he must have other Army Pokémon to protect him. Well, if we are in agreement then, shall we go?" Blaze said with a hint of hesitation in his voice. He pointed forward.

"A'ight, if you're sure. He ain't my human, 'n you'll probably know 'bout him better. C'mon, it's this way," Splash said as the army continued forward. The streets looked terrible, but wasn't that to be expected? The buildings were crushed and they were about one third of their original height, as if they were cans of soda that were crushed by someone after they drank the fizzy contents. Puddles of crimson, fresh and dry alike, were sporadic through the isolated road.

Number made a face as she stepped in a fresh puddle and she dragged her paw across the pavement in an attempt to get the blood off. The others all got on the defense in reaction to some noises they heard, but Number was too distracted with her gory paw to even look. Getting distracted wasn't something she did often, but that stuff on her paw was irritating.

"Guys!" Could it possibly be? "You all are alive! I thought for a moment… Oh! This is a rebellion force!" their human exclaimed as he gestured to the group of humans and Pokémon behind him. A Golduck, a Floatzel, a Poliwhirl, another Wartortle, a Corphish, and a Feraligatr.

"So, you're the army? Good, we can always use more Pokémon. We're heading to Bill's house. It's a fortress up there so we should be safe, unless you're needed somewhere else?" said the woman their human had brought along. Splash replied with sureness in his voice. "Actually, we were just on our way there. Y'welcome to tag along if y'want."

Number, however, ignored the woman's question and merely stared up at her with fierce eyes. Why did Benny suddenly just decide to pick up these strangers and bring them along? Number wasn't so sure about this. Larger groups would make them easier to spot, and easier to get separated. One person or Pokémon who happened to get separated from, say, a group of fifteen wouldn't be noticed the way they would if they got separated from a group of five. There was also the trouble with Infected ambushes. If they had a smaller army on the move, Deoxys would send fewer Infected to attack, if he was smart.

His mindset would be to save as many Infected Pokémon from injury as possible, especially if they weren't needed. Sending an oversized army against a small army would cost him in the long run, seeing as how his side would suffer more casualties. And Valoran Army surely wasn't the only army at the humans' disposal. More armies would then be sent to mop up the weakened Infected. Even if Deoxys was smart and he sent smaller armies, that didn't mean a smaller Valoran Army was at a disadvantage. They still had a fine chance at defeating the small Infected forces. The same job would get done, albeit slower. But large armies against large armies was just trouble waiting to happen.

"Bill's house sounds as good as any a place to regroup. It's getting dark anyway, it would be good to get somewhere secure so we don't have to worry about the Infected tonight." Blaze looked back at the others, "Is that okay with you guys?"

" 'S fine by me, the more, t'merrier. Would be easier to keep the infected away 't any rate. So if you're comin' or not, 'm gonna head up there," Splash said. He nodded at the newcomers and then at Valoran Army. He then turned back and walked north.

Number looked in Blaze's general direction. "I have no problem. I'm just a bit concerned with all of us traveling together at once. It gives us a risk I don't want to take. If we have a large army, Deoxys will send a large army too. That adds up to a rather… risky fight. I'm sure you understand," Number said. She looked at Splash and began walking again, making sure to keep up.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Alistar "Firestarter" Blados
    Cavern

Alistar scratched his head, still aching, not even noticing the Breloom. He was trying to think clearly, but now all he wanted to do is sleep; only some action would get him out of this hypnosis. So he chose the easy option.

"Yeah, bug Pokemon are puny.. but that's a problem, man. How about we find us some powerful Pokemon instead?"

The truth behind Alistar's words was that he actually wanted to start some serious fighting, angry as he was, disappointing his master. He nodded at his own question, looking at Somnus now

"We should totally go in to get master some Pokemon that can actually fight, instead of some weakling bug Pokemon."

He paused, slowly turned his head to the Axew, evaluating his power; he sighed and whispered, even though everyone could hear him, while pointing at the Axew with his claw.

"We don't really need this guy, yeah?"

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    The Emolga hesitated for a second before answering. "They call me...Flight," she said. "And in my 'master's perspective, I'm trouble. As for recovering...I guess I'll just wait and rest until they recover."

"Flight, huh?" Ness replied, the 'master' remark flying completely over his head. After a moment's consideration, he added, "Well, I suppose since I asked your name… I'm Ness."

He wasn't too keen on waiting around, though. He never had been. And he certainly lacked the medical knowledge to help.

At that point, he noticed how close to dusk it was. As an Espeon, this was an uncomfortable sight. Night was out of his element, and to add insult to injury, he had to figure out what to do with his new acquaintance.

After a few minutes of contemplative silence, he spoke up.

"If I seem a little… out of place," he said, choosing his words carefully, "It's because I am. I lived somewhere far from here, a place called Unova. You've heard of it, right?"

He considered his options, and decided to tell an abridged version of his story. He sat down.

"Anyway, I was a trainer's pokemon. We fought many battles, me and my teammates, and one day our trainer decided to take us on a holiday, as… a reward of sorts. "

He smiled fondly at the memory of this, and continued.

"So, we arrived in the port here in Kanto. Apparently my bloodline stretches all the way back here, me and one other on our team. We headed to Cerulean to begin our search… but we didn't make it before being attacked. We were split up, and haven't met up since."

"In fact, you're the first pokemon I think I've seen since then. Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

He lay down, patiently awaiting an answer.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
    Flight - Normal
    Forest

Darkness soon spawned across the sky, blocking out every speck of daylight. For an Espeon it wasn't a good sight. A (rather) helpless Espeon and a severely injured Emolga...things hadn't been in their favor. The Espeon searched his mind for something to say. He probably confused by Flight's words, especially after hearing the term 'master'. New to the area?

Then again...Espeons had always been rare, just like Emolgas. Over the years, Emolgas had settled down in Kanto, but Espeons...their appearance had always been rare.

"Well, I suppose since I asked your name… I'm Ness." he spoke, and Flight made a note in her mind, trying her best to remember it. Despite having the effects of Calm Mind, she was, after all, injured and exhausted.

"If I seem a little… out of place," he continued, telling his story, "It's because I am. I lived somewhere far from here, a place called Unova. You've heard of it, right? So, we arrived in the port here in Kanto. Apparently my bloodline stretches all the way back here, me and one other on our team. We headed to Cerulean to begin our search… but we didn't make it before being attacked. We were split up, and haven't met up since. In fact, you're the first pokemon I think I've seen since then. Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

Now Flight realized how little he knew about the Infected. That explained why he hadn't been afraid, or perhaps startled. For the Espeon, a slightly altered body color might not be something too unusual to him.

"You should have returned...Kanto is in a lot of danger," Flight spoke softly, sitting against a tree trunk, "Deoxys have taken over a large amount of human cities. He's been infecting the Pokemon, turning them into his slaves...I'm one of the infected pokemon, but I'm in 'stage one'. Like...cancer, I will only be under his total control when I slowly evolve into stage two. I will look like a zombie then...but...now...I'm still fighting against his willpower..."

There was a surge of invisible psychic energy, slamming onto Flight's face, shocking her mind. Closing her eyes, she groaned loudly in pain, fighting Deoxys' sudden surge of energy. Had he been listening all this time?

"N-Nnggghh...." Flight groaned and breathed heavily, clutching the grass around her. Then, after a few seconds, she relaxed, opening his eyes again while panting heavily against the tree, "D-Deoxys'...attack..."

Taking a deep breath, she shook her head, staying awake and conscious, "The pain is really irritating...but it'll wear off in a while. I just need somewhere to rest..."

Megaman765

Years
    Snype stared at Axel blankly. He was honestly defending an infected Pokemon? They just tried to kill him... of course he understood his reasoning but why let them go through this torture when he could end that kind of pain? Snype sighed, still sharpening the blade of wood.

"Kehehe, Alrighty! Let's just let the poor bastard wander! Keep being told what to do, suffer a little more till they become stage two and lose what makes them unique!" Snype said in a cheerful sarcastic tone. He sighed and walked closer to Axel.

"You think I don't know that? Of course they still have a little bit of their selves inside. But that's only in the beginning. They start to lose their selves and ultimately change into monsters. That's a fate worse then death itself. And so far, I've yet to see a Pokemon that's been able to resist without being killed in the process." Snype urged, hesitating to finish the job. He didn't like it either. But what else could he do? There wasn't a cure and frankly he doubted if there would ever be a cure. It was an alien virus. How to do you go up against that?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

Standing firm, Axel frowned, not intending to step down and leave the Sneasel to the fate Snype had thought up for him. Even as Snype spoke up, trying to put him off by sounding rather cheerful, Axel remained somewhat doubting, yet also rather steel-set.

As Snype had walked a little closer and kept speaking, Axel looked a little down. It did seem pretty hopeless, didn't it? Even if they let him leave, he'd just find them again sometime and try to kill them again. Not by his own will… but someone else's.

He then remembered the face of the Typhlosion going from completely filled with anger, to muttering out a quiet 'Help me…', as if …
    Axel shook his head again, sticking to his guns as he spread his paws out, denying Snype further passage, his expression conflicted. "I… that's not true! I've… I've seen a stage two, who got back his mind… for a moment. It.. it's still in there. Deoxys can't wipe out who they are completely! Who we are is just… inside of us. You can suppress it, but not destroy it. Snype… please just let him go."

Axel spoke in a rather pleading tone, lowering his arms slightly, his thoughts going out to Flight. If he would just let Snype kill this Sneasel, then if they at one point found Flight, he would have to allow him to do the same to her. And he would never let that happen.

"Let's just… leave him here, and hurry on. Even if we do kill him, another one's just going to take his place. We're not going to win anything by doing that.."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Somnus
    Mt. Moon​

Somnus considered Alistar's proposition and nodded, "Yes, you are right. Bugs would be too weak for Master. If I remember correctly there are some powerful pokemon on Cinnabar Island. Since you are a fire-type we would have a slight advantage and since the infection hasn't arrived there yet we would be able to surprise a group of them. We should probably bring back at least two for good measure. What do you think of that?"

Somnus also looked down at the Axew, "Well, he did betray us once before. He can just be made a guard. You." he pointed at a Ramphados, "take this Axew and give him something to do, be careful though, he can be misleading." Once both were gone Somnus turned back to Alistar, "What are your thoughts? Would it be worth it to head over there?"

Dillian spoke up, "Um, maybe somewhere else? I burn easily and-"

The Breelom stopped as Somnus glared at him, "Or we could just do what you two want..."

Megaman765

Years
    Snype sighed. Why listen to a complete stranger? What did he know about being infected? They were pretty much lost once Deoxys got into their minds. And if they failed their mission... well... Snype didn't want to think of what Deoxy's would do to failures... if he did anything at all. It must have been torture. While Snype was focused on making a point, the Sneasel was attempting to get away. He wasn't covered in blood or anything gruesome like that, just wounded, and recovering its strength.

"...bah. Guess you'll have to learn the hard way one of these days then." Snype said, looking back at the Sneasel, desperately crawling away for it's life. He sighed and dropped his makeshift blade. Axel wasn't going to learn unless it happened in front of his face.

"It's going to crawl right back to it's master and tell him about everything. He won't have a choice. After that Deoxys will probably kill him anyways, only it'll be much more painful and agonizing. Consider yourself a prime target." Snype said, likely exaggerating the last part. He couched down against a tree and stared at the ground.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
    Axel
    Cerulean Forest​

Axel kept staring at Snype, not defiantly, not angrily, but with a mix of both uncertainty, worry and hope. His ears twitched as he heard the Sneasel behind him starting to crawl away. Axel turned to look down at it with pity and a slight bit of worry.

Maybe Snype was right. Maybe he was just going to get killed anyway… maybe it would have been better for him if they had just ended his existence right away, then and there. Maybe.

Axel looked back at Snype, letting Sneasel be Sneasel and lowered his head a little, feeling somewhat ashamed of what he had done, for some odd reason. He didn't want to go up against the Pokémon who had just saved him, but…

"Maybe you're right… but I don't want to be someone who kills other Pokémon just because they're not right in the head. I… s-sorry." He lifted a paw to rub the back of his head, still staring into the ground for a while before slowly looking up again, his voice a little less shaky now.

"… I know they're in there somewhere. We just need to find… some way to help them. Somehow. Flight wanted to find a way before she was taken. And we'll be trying to, once I free her again." He paused for a moment afterwards, his tail hanging pretty low still. It was getting dark and a very faint light began emitting from him, due to his constant discharging, though you wouldn't even be able to feel the electricity discharged currently.

"… Anyway, should we… uhm, get going? The Drowzee might come back.."

Back