• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Bibarel is underrated? Nah, I don't think that's true. People may not like it very much due to its design, but most do always keep one on their team during their main gameplay. :3 It could learn a whole bunch of HMs as you said, so, yeah.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Wasted potential on Kingdra? I'd say Swift Swim Kingdra is quite deadly.

So I was gonna say Golduck, but then I realized that it has a really nice movepool and Cloud Nine is a pretty unique ability, and now I kinda want to train one.

Simipour though. it's quite fast and it can go mixed and also it has some interesting moves, but it's just so frail. I don't know, I had one when I first started playing, so maybe I just didn't know how to use him? Back then, I remember I used to think Gluttony was stupid. Though now that I know how it can be useful, I still don't get how it benefits poor Simipour. Hehe, poor Simipour.

Oh and I wonder about Lumineon. I love how she's like a pretty Bug/Flying type disguised as a fish, but does that really make her stand out? Her stats look kinda bad. I've never used one, so I can't be sure. Would she do well in doubles, maybe?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Bibarel is underrated? Nah, I don't think that's true. People may not like it very much due to its design, but most do always keep one on their team during their main gameplay. :3 It could learn a whole bunch of HMs as you said, so, yeah.

Bibarel has an access to Quick Attack, Double-Edge, Aqua Tail. :3 Those are great move.~ :D

Wasted potential on Kingdra? I'd say Swift Swim Kingdra is quite deadly.

So I was gonna say Golduck, but then I realized that it has a really nice movepool and Cloud Nine is a pretty unique ability, and now I kinda want to train one.

Yeah but by the time your Kingdra used Rain Dance, it has to say byebye already. :o Drizzle-team mates doesn't do any justice for Kingdra too. :/

Golduck's Abilities are not so impressive, Explosion moves were nerfed in Gen V, then Drizzle and Drought got nerfed in Gen VI too. :/

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Yeah but by the time your Kingdra used Rain Dance, it has to say byebye already. :o Drizzle-team mates doesn't do any justice for Kingdra too. :/

Golduck's Abilities are not so impressive, Explosion moves were nerfed in Gen V, then Drizzle and Drought got nerfed in Gen VI too. :/

I don't know, I've never trained Kingdra, but I've had a hard time battling against him, and there's always been a big fuss about Swift Swim Kingdra if he has good rain support. Now that weather abilities have been nerfed, maybe he's not that big a threat anymore, like you said? I still think he has great typing for a Dragon-type Pokemon, and if played well, a great ability in Swift Swim. Damp? Yeah, not that great.

And Damp again for Golduck, not that great either. But I like Cloud Nine. Even though weather got nerfed, there are still teams out there who play it well, but if they're too dependent on it, I doubt Cloud Nine Golduck would be an easy opponent.

Reactions: Sun

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • So before I leave to Japan tomorrow until August, I would just like to state that I thank Makoto for taking care of Diving Deep in my absence.

I would also like to point out that Greninja is a fighter in the new Smash Bros game. Also, Pokeball Pokemon in the game include: Goldeen, Staryu, Palkia(via new Master Ball Item), and Keldeo(via Master Ball).

As Archie of Team Aqua once said "All life depends on the sea."

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Feel free to start a topic everyone.~ :D :D :D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Okay, I'll start one! What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations? With consecutive fishing in XY, it's a lot easier to get some of them; do you have any?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Okay, I'll start one! What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations? With consecutive fishing in XY, it's a lot easier to get some of them; do you have any?

Piplup evolution line, Totodile evolution line, Tentacool evolution line, Milotic and Suicune are favs. <3 Ah and the answer for the second question is none! :P
    Didn't really like fishing since Gen IV and I dunno why! x'D x'D x'D

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Hello from Japan! I have free time and thought I'd stop by and say "Hi!"

My favorite Shiny is Mudkip, and I have 2 of them that I treasure more than my life. Kippers the Male from Pokemon Sapphire, and Kippie the Female from HeartGold.

MIAU what is your answer to your own question?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations?
    Definitely Magikarp, because, well, it's golden. XD Who wouldn't like to own a golden fish? I know I would. Plus, it turns into a red Gyarados when evolved, which is pretty epic. Another of my favorite would be Blastoise. Might not look that great to some people, but to me, it does. Haha.

Years
  • What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations?

171.gif

Purple is far from my favorite color but it looks absolutely fantastic on Lanturn. Then there's the neon yellow which goes nicely with the rest of its coloration! Yayyyy. Then there's this gorgeous girl:

350f.gif

Which, in my eyes, is a lot better than the original and that's saying something given that I loved Milotic.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

171.gif

Purple is far from my favorite color but it looks absolutely fantastic on Lanturn. Then there's the neon yellow which goes nicely with the rest of its coloration! Yayyyy. Then there's this gorgeous girl:

350f.gif

Which, in my eyes, is a lot better than the original and that's saying something given that I loved Milotic.
    The original Milotic is beautiful, however the shiny one looks more regal with that golden scale and her cyan eyebrow/hair. :D :D :D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Gonna go with Peitharchia and say shiny Gyarados is amazing. It looks more menacing and kinda more like a traditional Chinese dragon with that red -- this last one probably doesn't make any sense, but it just feels that way to me.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Sheep on the shiny Lanturn. That purple + neon green combo is just perfect. Shiny Milotic is also very pretty.

azumarill.gif
    starmie.gif

Other shinies I really like are these two. Shiny Azumarill looks so bright and cute, like a little sun. And I just love the blue and coral on shiny Starmie. I actually have a shiny Staryu, but I haven't gotten around to evolve it yet.

Out of the Kalos Pokemon, I really like shiny Clawitzer. I actually have one from consecutive fising, it was my first real shiny (i.e. not scripted like the red Gyarados in Johto), so he's in my trophy box in the PC right now. I nicknamed him Thermidor {XD}

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    relicanth.gif

You guys are totally not noticing Relicanth. I mean, that shiny aqua blue goes so well with the yellow and red fragments.

Years
  • What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations?

I like Starmie and Relicanth's shinies as mentioned earlier, but here's some of my personal faves.

clawitzer.gif
    corsola.gif
    greninja.gif
    psyduck.gif

I think the mix of red and white on Clawitzer is pretty cool, and given I have a shiny male Clauncher in X I should try and raise him into one someday. Greninja probably has to be the best-looking shiny starter with that black/red color scheme. As for Psyduck and Corsola, I always think the blue suits them well.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015

I really love this one. The black, as you mentioned, suits Greninja to a tee. Perhaps the red neckband could have been green, but red is also good enough. This makes me wish previous water starters had these shiny colours.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

I like Starmie and Relicanth's shinies as mentioned earlier, but here's some of my personal faves.

clawitzer.gif
    corsola.gif
    greninja.gif
    psyduck.gif

I think the mix of red and white on Clawitzer is pretty cool, and given I have a shiny male Clauncher in X I should try and raise him into one someday. Greninja probably has to be the best-looking shiny starter with that black/red color scheme. As for Psyduck and Corsola, I always think the blue suits them well.

Shiny Clawitzer looks very cool, and I can't believe I forgot about shiny Greninja, it really looks amazing. I like regular Corsola and shiny Corsola together, with the pink and baby blue, they'd look cute in a double battle.

I really love this one. The black, as you mentioned, suits Greninja to a tee. Perhaps the red neckband could have been green, but red is also good enough. This makes me wish previous water starters had these shiny colours.

Green tongue sounds kinda creepy, but then again, having your tongue wrapped around your neck is already creepy, so. But, I agree, shiny Greninja looks really cool, the colors fit perfectly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I don't really like shiny Greninja. :( Black does suit it, but those white spots around its body sort of ruin the feel; would've been great if they were a little less bright. I love shiny Clawitzer, though, and Corsola is just adorable!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Personally, I don't really like shiny Greninja. :( Black does suit it, but those white spots around its body sort of ruin the feel; would've been great if they were a little less bright. I love shiny Clawitzer, though, and Corsola is just adorable!

Perhaps if the white spots became yellow? That would look really cool.
    Shiny Clawitzer is awesome too, and I have to agree that Corsola is simply adorable in turquoise.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Feel free to discuss anything Water-type related here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back