• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh yes, with the new ORAS coming up, what do you guys feel would be the new bunch of sea life we'd see? And do you expect anyone to get mega evolutions?

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm… I think it'd be really nice if Milotic wound up getting, especially since it's native to Hoenn. Gyarados has one, which is its counter, so why not do the same with this? I'm sure people would like it. :]

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd like for Milotic and Walrein to get Mega's since Milotic isn't that good and Walrein is one of my favorite pokemon to use in RSE because of XD Gale of Darkness.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Milotic isn't good? :o That's definitely not the impression I got from the battles with Wallace and Cynthia, but I've always be preeeetty bad at training and organizing my teams well anyways, so that probably has a part to play in it too 8D

In any case, I definitely think Milotic should get a mega evolution. It's always kinda been the counterpart to Gyarados, and I'd just love to see what they could do with it designwise. And I strongly agree with Walrein too, simply because it just feels like it kinda lacks a "finish" of sorts. The likelihood that the two of them are gonna get mega evolutions is also pretty high, considering they're Hoenn Pokemon, so I'm definitely holding out for it :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    In any case, I definitely think Milotic should get a mega evolution. It's always kinda been the counterpart to Gyarados, and I'd just love to see what they could do with it designwise. And I strongly agree with Walrein too, simply because it just feels like it kinda lacks a "finish" of sorts. The likelihood that the two of them are gonna get mega evolutions is also pretty high, considering they're Hoenn Pokemon, so I'm definitely holding out for it :D

I can see how Milotic can be considered a counterpart to Gyarados, and the fact that we may take hours to find a Feebas tile and fish it up, it could be much more rewarding if we get a Mega Milotic. Milotic is an annoying Pokémon, because of Marvel Scale, Toxic, Recover, Hydro Pump and Blizzard (aka the most annoying in-game moveset ever) and Wallace gets a good defence covered up by Milotic's awesome Defense stats. A mega evolution is probably just going to capitalise on this and make an unassailable wall for Wallace (his name even says it: Wall Ace). This is considering before the Elite Four you're not going to get many options to buff up your team.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Members don't be shy, feel free to discuss/play any Water-type related stuff.~

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Well, considering we already have Mega Blaziken, I'm really hoping that the other two starters will get mega forms, so maybe we'll get Mega Swampert.

I can see Milotic getting a mega too, it is after all Wallace's signature Pokemon, so it would be a nice way to showcase it, like they did with Siebold and his Mega Gyarados.

I don't who I want to see getting a mega though, because there are so many Water-types in Hoenn. If you look through the E4 list though, there are high chances that we'd get to see a Mega Walrein.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Dat Glacia. Dat Walrein. Especially dat Sheer Cold after I used 4 Calm Minds. I don't... I don't.... I don't...

Please. That would be just so much troll. 220 HP... And nobody can beat it. Besides, give it Rest... and she will finish the rest.

How do you guys think Swampert's hypothetical mega form would look like? I mean, what kind of additional body features would you expect?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I'd love to see Mega Swampert, too. I've seen a few fan art before based around it, and they all looked amazing; if it wound up looking something like them, it would be pretty great. As for Mega Sceptile, I'd really like it to be part dragon-type. It does remind you of dragon, does it? So, it'd make sense if it actually became one. :P I know that this is only the water-type, so sorry for going overboard, haha. Hope you guys don't mind!

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Your nickname:Colt

Partner Pokemon:Empoleon

Reason for Joining the Club:I really love water types. Water types are just awesome. When I first joined Pokemon, my first partner was Empoleon in the Sinnoh region (yeah, I started late). Another reason, my sig says I have joined this other water club, it seems like it is long dead. So I decided to join a "reincarnation". :)

What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations: Empoleon, the aqua is quite awesome and Vaporeon. I think the pink just suits it very well. :D Oh yeah, and Mudkip. (Pink is the manliest color! >:D)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Your nickname:Colt

Partner Pokemon:Empoleon

Reason for Joining the Club:I really love water types. Water types are just awesome. When I first joined Pokemon, my first partner was Empoleon in the Sinnoh region (yeah, I started late). Another reason, my sig says I have joined this other water club, it seems like it is long dead. So I decided to join a "reincarnation". :)

What are your favorite Water-type shiny colorations: Empoleon, the aqua is quite awesome and Vaporeon. I think the pink just suits it very well. :D Oh yeah, and Mudkip. (Pink is the manliest color! >:D)

Welcome to the new Water-type Fan Club, Colt! ^_^

Feel free to start a topic or continue the convo from above~

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • How do you guys think Swampert's hypothetical mega form would look like? I mean, what kind of additional body features would you expect?
    Can't believe I didn't think of Swampert. I'm pretty certain it's gonna get one, otherwise it'd be kiiinda unfair, and definitely make people lean more towards picking Torchic than any. But as for the design; I'm definitely not sure. Usually the mega forms don't alter the appearance much, but rather adds onto the designs, so I'm thinking they're gonna be doing something with either the fins, or the part of the back that the fins don't occupy. It's honestly hard to say, since creativity in regards to designs can go in many ways, so we can't really expect anything, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it haha. Swampert is definitely my favourite of the Hoenn starters, so I really hope it is gonna get one :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Can't believe I didn't think of Swampert. I'm pretty certain it's gonna get one, otherwise it'd be kiiinda unfair, and definitely make people lean more towards picking Torchic than any. But as for the design; I'm definitely not sure. Usually the mega forms don't alter the appearance much, but rather adds onto the designs, so I'm thinking they're gonna be doing something with either the fins, or the part of the back that the fins don't occupy. It's honestly hard to say, since creativity in regards to designs can go in many ways, so we can't really expect anything, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it haha. Swampert is definitely my favourite of the Hoenn starters, so I really hope it is gonna get one :D

+1 to Swampert fans. SOON WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD

Mm, I get your point about the speedy Torchic but if they limit it to an event like last time, then I don't see why it would be unfair. Besides, Blaziken already has got his Dream World ability...

But, another point being friggin Sceptile and Swampert could become OVERLORDS overnight if they get a mega. Sceptile could harness more Speed and Special Attack, whilst Swampert would be walled up with extra Defense and Special Defense. Swampert specifically could renew it's reputation back from BW, and there could even be whole Rain Teams set up over him.

On that point, do you guys ever go on Water type-only runs? I'm sure I could go on one in ORAS because Pelipper is a good flying type... Swampert the obvious choice for starter, maybe even Ludicolo, because yolo.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've done water mono runs on all of the games, even the side ones. Water types are op because they can learn a crap ton of moves. I'm pretty sure they have some of the best typings too.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Not mono runs, but I usually end up with a couple of Water-types in my in-game team. I had Carracosta + Seismitoad, Swanna + Samurott + Jellicent, Greninja + Lapras. They're just so versatile, and very useful in-game. I mean, you have to have a Surfer, right?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    On that point, do you guys ever go on Water type-only runs? I'm sure I could go on one in ORAS because Pelipper is a good flying type... Swampert the obvious choice for starter, maybe even Ludicolo, because yolo.

Back in the olden days of RSE, I recall having an all Water-type team. :) It won't hurt to do it again. ^_^

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I agree that Water types are kind of versatile. They have few advantages and weaknesses, so they could easily accommodate a second typing without much problem. The good part is many of these combinations are given to good Pokémon, too. That and water Pokémon learn Ice-type moves without fail. Good way to combat it's own main weakness, yeah?

Years
  • I love Water-types due to the variety of roles they can play in a team, and also the type itself isn't very heavy on weaknesses plus it's the type with the second most types paired with it, after Flying. Also, the fact they can learn Ice-type moves also helps counter a lot of stuff given how many Pokemon have weaknesses to Ice.

Water-types will always be my fave for various reasons like these.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I was about to mention Mega Swampert. He looks bigger and tougher in the leak. Can't wait for the release.

Oh yeah, guys I mean have you seen Swampert now? Something tells me Swampert is totally into fitness... I mean, I expected Swampert's design to be something even more derpy lel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back