• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Current topic: Who is your favorite Water-type Gym Leader and why?

Misty, ginger/blonde girls with short hair and tomboyish are a yes for me. lol Despite being a second Gym Leader, her Starmie wrecked my team with her Bubble Beam. I believe she's the reason how I came to love the Water-type. :)

Years
    Who is your favorite Water-type Gym Leader and why?

Going by my usual love of 5th Gen, it's Marlon from Black 2 & White 2. I really love his hair (it looks like it's sparkling when you look at it) and his ace is Jellicent, one of my fave Unova Water-types. Misty comes a close second for being the sole female Water Gym Leader, and also using some of my fave Water-types as well such as Starmie, and even Quagsire in GSC/HGSS.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    For me, it's Misty because I like her personality, and she reminds me of one of Ash's companions in the anime. She used pretty good Pokémon like Starmie, as well.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
    Current topic: Who is your favorite Water-type Gym Leader and why?

Misty, ginger/blonde girls with short hair and tomboyish are a yes for me. lol Despite being a second Gym Leader, her Starmie wrecked my team with her Bubble Beam. I believe she's the reason how I came to love the Water-type. :)

Hey, what about us long dark brown haired tomboys? Lol

Years
    Hey, what about us long dark brown haired tomboys? Lol

If you want to take part in the discussions, I highly recommend making your official signup post! Details are all listed in the first post. Good luck and I hope you will consider joining and becoming an official member of this ship.

Reactions: Sun

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years

jessluvstolaugh
    Partner: Dewgong
    Reason for joining: Water type has always been (and always will be) my specialty! :)
    Answer to topic: Misty because she is really funny and has really high potential.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

After all these years, it's still Misty. I like her Pokémon and she's got attitude.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
    If you want to take part in the discussions, I highly recommend making your official signup post! Details are all listed in the first post. Good luck and I hope you will consider joining and becoming an official member of this ship.

Yeah I was actually working on that now in fact I have already finished lol :)

Years
    Topic: water makes ground muddy making it weaker
    Rocks are damaged by erosion from water
    Also high pressure water or acid water could tear through both

Years
    Welcome, jess!

As for favorite water-type Gym Leader, I'll go with Marlon. I like how he's the 8th leader and he's all chillax and not troubled. Sadly, we don't get to see more of him.
    Spoiler:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

jessluvstolaugh
    Partner: Dewgong
    Reason for joining: Water type has always been (and always will be) my specialty! :)
    Answer to topic: Misty because she is really funny and has really high potential.

Welcome to the Water-Club, Jess! I agree, Misty has a high potential!

Topic: water makes ground muddy making it weaker
    Rocks are damaged by erosion from water
    Also high pressure water or acid water could tear through both

We changed our topic already, who's your favorite Gym Leader? ;)

Welcome, jess!

As for favorite water-type Gym Leader, I'll go with Marlon. I like how he's the 8th leader and he's all chillax and not troubled. Sadly, we don't get to see more of him.
    Spoiler:

Marlon's laid back attitude is cool as well! I agree, he should have more screen time than that! Juan has fewer screens than Marlon though.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Have a nice weekend everyone. :)​

Last edited:
    Years
    Just informing that Jess is added to the member list now, and anyways nice choice in Dewgong there. I like it when members pick more different stuff because it shows everyone's diversity in tastes, and I hope you enjoy all the topics whether you want to join in with the current one or catch up on older ones!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here's a new topic for everyone: Is Water-type balanced or overpower? (You can discuss a certain Pokémon family or as the whole Water-type, other aspects regarding the topic are welcomed.)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Is Water-type balanced or overpowered?

I have to admit, it's actually a bit overpowered. By itself, the Water-type is fairly balanced. In terms of movepools, Water-types get probably have some of the widest of any type when you consider that 90% of Water-types also learn Ice-type moves. When you throw in secondary types, the movepools grow even wider. So while movepools aren't necessarily everything in battling, they make a big difference. Because of this, it's actually possible to assemble a Water monotype team and have it be really well balanced.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I have to admit, it's actually a bit overpowered. By itself, the Water-type is fairly balanced. In terms of movepools, Water-types get probably have some of the widest of any type when you consider that 90% of Water-types also learn Ice-type moves. When you throw in secondary types, the movepools grow even wider. So while movepools aren't necessarily everything in battling, they make a big difference. Because of this, it's actually possible to assemble a Water monotype team and have it be really well balanced.

I second this, I think Water-type is overpowered a well! They can learn either Ice Beam or Earthquake, certain kinds can learn Poison or Bug-type moves to counter their weakness as well as pumping up their usefulness as a support to their team members.

Stats wise, they are mostly balanced. We got Swampert, Suicune which both can act as a tank. Greninja is speedy and a strong Special moves users, its Hidden Ability Protean, can be nasty as it gains STAB for every offensive move. On the other hand, it fortunate that Greninja isn't bulky at the sametime, or it can be terrifying to battle one! Alomomola, while not strong on its offensive state, a battle with it can be devastating like the notorious SubSeeding technique from Grass-types, if used properly. Then we have Azumarill who keeps on getting better a Nichole once noted, those who are familiar with the competitive scene is no stranger with the innocent looking aqua bunny's devious moveset which can wreck a team.

Water-types are certainly fluid, depending on the species they can fit in a team for different role -- physical attacker, cleric, special attacker, tank, sponge etc. As Quajutsu noted, it is possible to run a Water mono-type team. I haven't tried on the comopetitive area, but I believe they wouldn't do bad. Though I have tried once during one of my Gen III plays, there wasn't any difficulties.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Oops missed topic anyways:

Misty all the way, my favorite Ash companion(next to Serena :p). because of its Straightforward Attitude and i have a dream to become water Pokemon master no matter what will occur(but i think this dream was not gained by misty)

I think it is sad to say that Water type is hugely overpowered already not to mention because of its combination with multiple Pokemon type as a Dual type(almost all Ice types) that give them a major boost.Throughout many generations Water type occurs and occurs that make them hugely overpopulated.

Years

Wicked summed this one up a lot. Most Water-types tend to have balanced stats and they have a wide variety of battling roles, with some speedy attackers, defensive tanks and supporting clerics. This is why Water tends to have quite an advantage in monotype battles, due to the diversity of the Pokemon plus the fact they learn so much to counter what they face.

Years

A little overpowered to me. Before Surf started hitting allies in dual battles, I abused it to overkill. Like, two water pokemons that know Surf use it in one turn, and again and again. Which makes me want to try having a Vaporeon and Jellicent with Water Absorb and Surf in White 2. I'm not sure if it'll work, though. Can anyone confirm it for me?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

A little overpowered to me. Before Surf started hitting allies in dual battles, I abused it to overkill. Like, two water pokemons that know Surf use it in one turn, and again and again. Which makes me want to try having a Vaporeon and Jellicent with Water Absorb and Surf in White 2. I'm not sure if it'll work, though. Can anyone confirm it for me?

That Water Absorb technique works, there's the other variant with Storm Drain from Shellos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back