• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • So, you may have seen that I updated the background on the member list. The reason I had to change it was because the original image was from TinyPic and PC no longer supports that. Anyways, what do you think about the new background?
    It's pretty good, Hikari! It's blue just like how water should be :)

I've been on the hunt for 4 shinys. shiny-magikarp,goldeen,barboach and luvdisc......but still no luck even after 2 months ;-;
    That's sad, but I'm sure you're able to pull it off soon, especially with a kind of shiny chaining called Fish Chaining method. Pulling it off may be a bit tricky, but don't give up because you might be able to get one :) Speaking of which...

Tell us your Shiny Water-type. If you have none, at least share us your favorite and tell us why!
    If you count Shiny Gyarados, that's the only shiny Water Pokémon that I have just now. I do wish I can get shiny Azumarill though, since it's still as cute as ever, and I like how it's sparkled with gold.

Last edited:

theorcaking

Trust me! Im a orca!
    Years
  • well im currently playing gen 3 due to my ds,dsi and 3ds being broke [yes i have 3 broke game systems] so i cant chain for shinys {D:}

Years
  • It's pretty good, Hikari! It's blue just like how water should be :)

Glad you liked it! I felt like it needed something with colours that suited water better so that was why I picked it. Had to go digging quite a bit on Tumblr, but nice to hear your opinion.

theorcaking

Trust me! Im a orca!
    Years
  • Glad you liked it! I felt like it needed something with colours that suited water better so that was why I picked it. Had to go digging quite a bit on Tumblr, but nice to hear your opinion.

It does seem to add more color and style {:3}

Years
  • You are definitely right there, Orca. I'm glad it's getting some good feedback because it's not easy to find the perfect watery pics out there.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Loved the Background, it's blue, like most of our lovely water-types <3

Tell us your Shiny Water-type. If you have none, at least share us your favorite and tell us why!

If you count Shiny Gyarados, it's the only shiny water-type Pokémon I have! There are some that are really beautiful, I still don't know which shiny I like more .... Maybe Buizel and Empoleon! Buizel looks super cute with that gold color and that sort of white ring around its neck! Empoleon looks amazing with those light-blue colors!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ugh... Holy Kyogre. ~_~

Main topic:
    Which Water-type Pokémon's Mega Evolution is your favorite? Why?
    Sub-topic 1:
    What are you going to change for that Mega Evolution you have chosen from the main topic?
    Sub-topic 2:
    Your least favorite Water-type Mega Evolution, why?
    Sub-topic 3:
    What's your thought on Primal Kyogre? (Design, moves, role in games, etc.)

And please quote each others responses rather than simply answering the topic. Or it's pointless to create a topic over and over.~

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Main topic:

Mega Gyarados. I don't know exactly why. Probably because it stopped Baton Pass chains when they were around.

Sub-topic 1:
    What are you going to change for that Mega Evolution you have chosen from the main topic?

I'd have it learn Knock Off.

Sub-topic 2:

Don't have one.

Sub-topic 3:

Worse than Primal Groudon in all aspects. First of all, Primal Groudon is the manliest Pokemon ever to exist, and second, its ability is better than Kyogre's since it is immune to Water as opposed to Ogre, which is immune to a type it already resisted. Still one of my favourite Ubers due to its ridiculous special attack stat and the ability to check Darkrai and Primal Groudon in a pinch.

Years
  • Which Water-type Pokémon's Mega Evolution is your favorite? Why?
    Mega Swampert for me. He did me wonders in my Alpha Sapphire playthrough, not just being the team leader but he also proved himself as a tank taking hits like nothing when I was battling Primal Kyogre.

I wouldn't change it. Mega Swampert seems perfect with what it has, being a strong tank that can take a hit and in the rain it becomes a massive threat thanks to Swift Swim.

There's not really a particular one I hate, but they could have done better with Mega Sharpedo. The design is okay but I would have given it a better ability than Strong Jaw.

As Amour pointed out, while it may not be as much of a beast as Primal Groudon competitively, Primal Kyogre is still a hard-hitter with Water STAB that hits instantly hard thanks to the rain it summons plus it can still rain down perfect-accuracy Thunder, and I also love Origin Pulse much more than Groudon's Precipice Blades. It just looks way more beautiful, and I do love Kyogre's design more as a whole plus in a water-heavy region like Hoenn it fits much better in the story compared to Groudon.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    For me, it's Mega Sharpedo, because it looks pretty menacing and agile as well.

Sometimes I wish Sharpedo retained the ability of Rough Skin, because it feels unusual for me if Sharpedo doesn't have one.

I'm not quite fond of Mega Slowbro at times because of its design.

Primal Kyogre is so cool and beautiful in terms of design, and like Hikari said, it can spam Thunder with perfect accuracy thanks to Primordial Sea ability that enables it to make rains when it's around. That same ability also makes Kyogre invincible against any Fire-based attacks too, to prove that it still got it.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Despite Water-type is my all time favorites among the 18-types, I couldn't really name even one as my favorite Mega Evolution. The reason is because I hold my expectations too high for the Water-type, I want a perfect one in every aspect -- design, stats, Ability. That is not to say the current Megas we got are bad though.

None, but I'd like to say that Mega Swampert should received a better Ability like Sap Sipper or Huge Power. Or a design that is more streamline design and less bulky for the Swift Swim Ability. They can however, retain the current design for if Mega Swampert has Sap Sipper or Huge Power as its Ability!

I have to say Mega Slowbro. The stats are great, the Ability and design could be a lot better than what we have right now. It looks like a mockery of Mega Evolution or a spoof Mega of sort.

I still couldn't get the design of Primal Kyogre if those yellow things are its internal organ that is visible through its skin (think Poliwag and Poliwhirl). Or more like markings on its body? (Feel free to educate me)
    Still loving the design though, it looks wicked! ArmourPearlShipper is right, compare to Groudon the blue whale isn't shining too much. As Nichole and Starry Windy pointed out, Primal Kyogre is capable of spamming the move Thunder with Primordial Sea activated. >:) The too much water compliments this Pokémon perfectly well!

theorcaking

Trust me! Im a orca!
    Years
  • BREAKING NEWS I GOT A NEW 3DS!!!
    now im not stuck on sapphire gba anymore
    im going back to fishing for pokemon on Black2

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Your nickname: TwilightBlade / Blade
    Your Partner Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Reason for joining the club: I love Water Pokemon! My first game was Blue version and I had both Blastoise and Vaporeon on my team, I didn't care about having multiple water types at all. My Crystal team had Croconaw and Suicune. I always have at least one Surf user on my team and often have two Pokemon that can use Surf because it's powerful and accessible. My XY team had Clawitzer and Dragalge. My ORAS team had Latias and Sharpedo using Surf.
    Answer to the current topic: Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer? I prefer ones found deep underwater (Chinchou, Clamperl) because it's relaxing. I also like the ones found on land (Marill, Corsola, Shellos, Buizel) because you least expect it. I've used all of these on teams before. ^_^

My first successful Pokeradar chain resulted in a shiny Corsola. I love the vibrant blue color. I also have 4 shiny Buizel where I used one in my Platinum's first in-game team.
    When fish chaining was discovered in XY, I caught a shiny Horsea (3 of them actually) while trying to get my shiny Skrelp. I used the shiny Skrelp on my final XY team. It replaced the non-shiny Skrelp I was already raising because I love Skrelp! Both are raised to level 70+ so neither one was left unloved. :)

Mega Blastoise or Mega Sharpedo. I do think they are overdesigned in some aspects in that they've increased the number of cannons or increased the number of stars. I guess I don't really have a huge favorite.

I don't believe Mega Slowbro was necessary. The whole charm of this Pokemon was that it evolved into Slowbro when a Shellder supposedly clamps down on its tail versus Shellder biting its head. Now it's just consumed by the shell.... completely overshadowed by its shell...

I didn't care much for the primal forms of the mascot legendaries. I didn't even catch my Kyogre in ORAS! I kinda fainted it and it was a Nuzlocke so I didn't care. I have caught a shiny one in 3rd gen and transferred it over, but I haven't used the primal mode.
    However, Primal Kyogre was one of my first legendaries in Rumble so I went crazy with it. It's a powerhouse!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ooi, Nichole! I believe her application is the longest one I've seen so far. Sorta felt guilty for making the current topics that long, but hey there are reponses to the topic. So it's all good yeah? XD

Welcome to PC's most humid yet not sultry club, Blade! >:) Sorry about that joke. {XD} But nice seeing you around, stay active eh?~

I'll reply your answers as well as Orca's post tomorrow. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ooi, Nichole! I believe her application is the longest one I've seen so far. Sorta felt guilty for making the current topics that long, but hey there are reponses to the topic. So it's all good yeah? XD

Welcome to PC's most humid yet not sultry club, Blade! >:) Sorry about that joke. {XD} But nice seeing you around, stay active eh?~

I'll reply your answers as well as Orca's post tomorrow. :)

Years

I'd have to say mega blastoise is the only one I've honestly bred and played with.
    I should get a Sharpedo soon and test it out.

With Sharpedo, I would give it a damn tail if I had the power to do so. >_> lol

I guess I'd have to say Slowbro. I've never been a big fan of Slowbro.
    I respect its power, but not a fan of its design. It doesn't suit my style.
    I'd get zero ladies with Slowbro at my side. xD

I loved the design. Although its ability seems a bit questionable in terms of usability.
    I'm just not sure I'm entirely into 'primal reversion.' It just makes me feel like pokemon that are ancient should have one too then. And the mechanism is much different then with mega evolution. @_@ So there's that annoyance I have with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back