• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DJ Sebbe, Selects ur "music"! Remixing the oldschool Overworld Editor! Fresh 'n Juicy

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    No, This is actually not spam.

Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition [Sebbe's Remix]​
    If any one has my msn, they might remember about 8'th month ago, I was hacking Xeons Overworld editor, and doing some stuff with it, I lost the source. Then I gave Haxmew's a try, but well... Lost the source. I never quitted the projekt though, I just putted it on hold. I totally forgot about until I checked my Ipod and found several versions of the tool...

So let me try to blow some life into it!

Updates from Hackmew's version:
    • Colour Editor - You can edit the colours of the palette
    • Shows a hell lot of imporrtent offsets - You'll never again have to yell: "where the heck is the Groundon Sprite's secondary sprite header located in the ROM", While overworld editing!
    • Reads from pointier tabel of offsets - So now you can edit all the sprites, in the correct order, you can edit sprites you added yourself!
    • Size Editing - You can edit the size of the sprite + it'll fix the stupid size pointiers for you.
    • Repointing - Pointier tabel, Sprites, All lot of crap
    • Adding Sprites - You can add intirely new OW's.
    • Smexy Looking - It'll Smexier!
    • Let's you edit a lot more/A few other toch-up's - Well, If this is a plus or not, Hackmews were freindly even to the first-day-hacker, and had a lot limits, and stuff, I tryed keeping these limits, as advices, but the stuff is now editable. So the tool is for the bit better hacker. There's also ONLY Expertmode now. So stuff like Frame limits, Preffered palettes is removed, but still in the tools as advices.
    • Graphical function(s) - Stuff like flipping the sprite. Would that be handy, or just pointless? Let me hear you!
    • -! I never got to this area last time, so this'll be new to me !-
    • Zip Im/Exporting Sprites - Would that be handy, or just pointless? Let me hear you!
    • Your idea - Suggest what you could use

Since I just started at a new school, I don't have a lot of spare time, but I'll try to keep updating as often as possible.

I have a lot of these things done, but the old code I wrote is not too perfekt, so I'll have to rewrite a lot of stuff... Some where in November seems as good release date(-:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    This is actually a good idea, kudos!
    I have a question, will it support the Hacked Engine OW sprite + palette hack? Because I really don't know if I should use it or not :P

Also, a suggestion, or a question if it has been done already... Can you repoint the sprite/palette tables with it?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
    This is actually a good idea, kudos!
    I have a question, will it support the Hacked Engine OW sprite + palette hack? Because I really don't know if I should use it or not :P

Also, a suggestion, or a question if it has been done already... Can you repoint the sprite/palette tables with it?
    Just what I was thinking. Could you make it compatible?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    This sounds awesome. :D

• Colour Editor - You can edit the colours of the palette
    • Size Editing - You can edit the size of the sprite + it'll fix the stupid size pointiers for you.
    • Adding Sprites - You can add intirely new OW's.

• Graphical function(s) - Stuff like flipping the sprite. Would that be handy, or just pointless? Let me hear you!
    These fetures will make me very happy. (Now I can make a Mew Truck overworld that's it's true colours. :D)

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    Graphic Function(s) would be awsome!
    some people are to laizly at spriting to do more than 2 frames (ME!)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
    I can't wait till it's done! All these functions would be very usefull!
    I hope the adding sprites and changing pallettes will be compatable with Jpan's Hacked Fire Red engine, I'm using it :P. If you do make it compatable with the Hacked Engine, will you mabye also add a function that adds pallette's? Since that's possible in the Hacked Engine.

Years
    Hi there. about the Hacked Engine, I'm not intirely sure how the OW part works in that, But I Supose he just moved around a few bytes to incrase the Palette amount, if that's the case I'll make support Jpan's hack.
    (Anyway, I'll look at it, since I think Jpan's hack is awesome)
    So my current answer is yes, But I'll have to look into it before promissing anything!
    @|+~Umbreon~+|: Well I been spriting the same way, but my quostien is, if anyone actually sprites in the OWE, and not just in Paint, and then Import them?
    Edit: @Cooley: Yes, about the palette, you'll might have to enter the amount palettes, but Repointing is humanright!

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
    Hi there. about the Hacked Engine, I'm not intirely sure how the OW part works in that, But I Supose he just moved around a few bytes to incrase the Palette amount, if that's the case I'll make support Jpan's hack.
    (Anyway, I'll look at it, since I think Jpan's hack is awesome)
    So my current answer is yes, But I'll have to look into it before promissing anything!

I would like to see it, since many people( me T.T ) can't edit the ini xD
    and the minisprites thing is one of the most used in the engine

it's really good man!
    overworld editor has always been one of my favorites, now with that things would be awesome =D

i have some questions , the
    Size Editing feature can edit all the frames without errors?
    Because many people and me, when we ry to increase the size of OW the other frames get kinda messed ( some sprites parts around the image)

The tool will suport all roms lie ruby,emerald,firered,leafgreen,etc
    or it will only support certain rom at the beggining?

I will really like the possibility of add a new pallete to the rom
    for example, the rom has ..let's say 8 usable minisprites palletes, I would like this tool could add more, or that comes with the colour editor

I hope you could take time to read this, kept up the good work man, it's really, really nice!!!

Years
    Colour editor?
    This is
    S
    E
    X.
    Exactly the type of tool I need- I never actually edit the sprites in OWE (I do it in Photoshop), but I never like to click "Import Palette", because it always, always mucks up several other sprites. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it happens, but it's still annoying.
    So yes, great idea, excellent tool. (I'm BEGGING YOU to release it :D).

Years
    OMG!!??!¨
    Did you guys see the spoilers for OP 563? Whitebeard seems to be the bad guy!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:!!?!:shocked:
    Or was is just a lie by the marines? I don't trust that admiral..

Off topic: the OWE will support Jpan's version. Beside that Progess is moving slowly forwerd.

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    Yeah good idea and good details ;) You can show us all idea you have but we need some proof of your progress, Well for some good proofs you can show all of us some screenshots. Take some screenshots and post it in this thread ;)

Years
    Yeah good idea and good details ;) You can show us all idea you have but we need some proof of your progress, Well for some good proofs you can show all of us some screenshots. Take some screenshots and post it in this thread ;)

Yes mom', Sorry mom', here ya go, mom'.
    DJ Sebbe, Selects ur "music"! Remixing the oldschool Overworld Editor! Fresh 'n Juicy

It's not the final layout yet, though...
    If anyone has any suggstion on how you can make it look... Less... Gay, Please tell me!

NOW FOR THE IMPORTENT PART, OP 563 IS OUT... ONLY SOME STUPID RUSIAN SCANLATION SO FAR, BUT ANY IT LOOKS EPIC!!!!

Btw, the imgbox thing is crap here at pc.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    the layot looks very cramped you should increase the weith and add some border to the boxs with some color. like I said I cant wait ...

oh and I keep geting lost are you talking about one peice?

Years
    So far so good!
    I hope you'll make all the features that are on the first post available!

I haven't decided yet about the Graphical function(s) and Zip Im/Exporting Sprites, If I please could get some more views on these.

Else, would anybody be happy with a beta/ealier release without those two?

About the release data, I have nearly no time to hack/program currently (Hell lot of homewórk), I still plan to get the full version out somehow in november though, but forgive me if I fail.

BTW, YES IT'S ONE PIECE, WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE?!?!?
    Wow, I just love the first page, where everyone's reaction to WB's Death is shown. Try title the page "Their reaction to the new Era!" I'm SOOO pumped to see WB do something... It's sad that the WG,(Akainu) was able to make doubt between the NW captains(Squado, but also the ones who asked if it was true...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back