• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Cripes, forgot about Looker. Guess the mega stones etc count too.

I'm just bummed out that we hardly got any post game-exclusive areas, and the ones we got (the caves especially) were ridiculously basic.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Which reminds me, I have really don't like what they did with the capture rates for legendaries.

I went to face Mewtwo, got his health low, and captured him on my fifth try with an ultra ball (I think). Curious, I restarted from my save, battled him again, and threw a pokeball at it. A regular pokeball. Caught it on the first try, without even having attacked him.

IIRC, the mascot pokemon was easy to catch, too.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Mascot legendaries have been ridiculously easy to catch since gen four (which I really dislike). Dunno about Mewtwo, they don't usually change catch rates of already existing mons but it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

They now give caught legendaries and traded mons guaranteed good IVs, too. Don't know how to feel about that.

Yukari

Gee... Things have been really quiet around here...

Anywho, I had Ruby back when I was 7. I remember running away from Groudon on my first playthrough thinking that I could come back later and catch it. :( I restarted that game even though I had beat it so I could try to catch him again.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Ahhh, fond memories of murdering thousands of Bidoofs when I was but a wee lass...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Oh GOD I hated that mechanic in Red and Blue (Yellow?)

That's why I always carried a pokemon that could paralyze them

Years

Don't forget missing Pokemon like Chansey! (Though, I forgot if Safari Balls also missed in FRLG; it's been too long since I played them.)

Also don't forget how moves like Bind and Wrap would prevent Pokemon from attacking until they were freed, and Pokemon couldn't attack immediately after waking up.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

All things considered, that made sense.

I mean, bind and wrap (and constrict) work as moves because they're supposed to be squeezing your pokemon.

But I don't mind the whole "pokeballs missing" thing. In universe, that makes sense as well. A lot of sense, really. I'm more surprised that it hasn't been contested. What, does everyone in Pokemon just have super accurate aiming?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Because it'd become a rather stale gag if a trainer kept missing trying to catch a pokemon

I also think they might have slight homing capabilities

Because logic

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I dunno about that. I mean, there's not really much you can throw at Pokemon that can miss. Other than Pokeballs in gen 1.

And to avoid bad game design just base the chance for a miss on the opponents evasion level and multiply the catch rate by the evasion level over two. That way it'd be fair and make in-universe sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back