• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do non-human animals have rights?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Anything alive has rights in my eyes. But they have different rights, obviously.

And by this, I do not mean they shouldn't be eaten. I love steak, chicken, turkey, etc.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Define "rights." Because they don't have a right to bear arms (unless they are bears =D)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    They do, just not rights that human have./obvious

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    This really shouldn't be a question.

Every thing that takes in oxygen is an animal. If Homo Sapiens have rights, than so should others. A fine example of something that should be corrected, are the people that will use live kittens/cats as shark bait. They hook them in the back and throw them into the salty water to bleed and squirm to attract sharks into biting. Now for me, I have a general hatred towards many of the Homo Sapiens. Cats to me are my family and no explanation with suede me otherwise. I know their body language, and I know how to deal with larger cats, so that I'm unharmed as well as them.

Yes; all animals should have rights. I am by no means a vegetarian, eating animals is a way of nature. But I would like the animals that I am eating to have had a rich life. To me, anything can have a soul. And should be treated just as valuable, if not more, than human-life.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I don't really think animals have rights. Humans can hunt them, but stuff like dogs and chickens shouldn't be forced to fight to death, thats just sick and wrong imo. But hunting is o.k. in my book, most hunters eat and/or use what they kill, its not just -BLAM!- -deer dies- "onto the next one".

There is a difference between having a right and being treated properly.

blackwell

Minarchist
    Years
  • Venison is the ****... you cant get that at a store. The only reason I hunt is for the meat... You think I enjoy waking up at the ass crack of dawn and sit in the cold for the sport of it?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    This really shouldn't be a question.

Every thing that takes in oxygen is an animal. If Homo Sapiens have rights, than so should others. A fine example of something that should be corrected, are the people that will use live kittens/cats as shark bait. They hook them in the back and throw them into the salty water to bleed and squirm to attract sharks into biting. Now for me, I have a general hatred towards many of the Homo Sapiens. Cats to me are my family and no explanation with suede me otherwise. I know their body language, and I know how to deal with larger cats, so that I'm unharmed as well as them.

Yes; all animals should have rights. I am by no means a vegetarian, eating animals is a way of nature. But I would like the animals that I am eating to have had a rich life. To me, anything can have a soul. And should be treated just as valuable, if not more, than human-life.
    Last time I checked plants aren't animals.

RCMF13

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • Yes, but we need them for food, so they would have different rights.

Venison is the ****... you cant get that at a store. The only reason I hunt is for the meat... You think I enjoy waking up at the ass crack of dawn and sit in the cold for the sport of it?

Same with me.

And I do it for pest control as well, for a few local farmers.

But sometimes hunters do it for sport when they could just get food elsewhere...

If you mean "buy it from a supermarket", then I'd like to say that you can't get healthy meat from elsewhere. Supermarket food is not healthy, and can get contaminated.

Besides, if you go out hunting, the animals you shoot have had a good like of freedom, while animals that go into the slaughterhouses often get mistreated.

Your either a human or an animal bro.

Humans are animals, believe it or not.

Last edited:
    Back