• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do post counts matter to you?

Do post counts really matter to you?

• Total voters

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    A high post count doesn't always state your loyalty to the forums. You can be loyal and still post in areas where post count does not matter, or post sparingly and still browse a lot; you can also post a lot at one time, and then leave for whatever reason leaving behind a considerably large post count!

My opinion isn't hard to see. I think post count means little. Maybe serve as a little ego-boosting factor, hehe.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    <---[Legacy]/^[Standard]

Points to usertitle. But no, not really. I mean, its kinda cool having a lot of posts, and posts don't really show senority. Some mods have like 600 posts, I think.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I find caring about your post count in such a vital way to be immature and slightly n00bish. Well, I shouldn't say that because I'd be lying. I find it extremely n00bish of someone to go around worrying about having x amount of posts or having more than y. If you're someone who believes that a high post count means you're popular, then you're strongly mistaken. Personality in the posts you create reflect how popular you are around the community. Post counts only reflect the chances of becoming popular for either a positive or negative thing. The only thing I believe is that if you truly post useful posts to the community that aren't considered SPAM in the least, you can consider a high post count to be an accomplishment. For example, I get excited when I get to a new hundred because I know for the most part (with the exception of those posted in DCC).

I mean, look at Thrace, Fiona and myself. We're moderators and have less than 1,000 (which is what the majority of the staff have more of) posts. Clearly posts don't mean much. Then again, Fiona is moderator of a forum where posts posted there don't add to your post count, so that isn't exactly accurate.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I couldn't care less. But it's sad that I've been here longer than some people and they have a higher postcount than me and all of their posts are either stupid questions, stupid answers or just simple spam.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Definitely used to when I first joined up. Damn that was a lot of posting; like, 20 posts a day or what. Ew, need life.

But right now, posts don't matter to me at all. Quality over quantity, y'know.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    Nope, I dont care for them, kinda seems strange as others pay attention to my post count WAY more than I do. they'll say "Whoa that many posts that fast?" and I think "What really?" lol, and I wont think someone is better just because they have lots of posts.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    No. Quality over quantity postwise is my motto, even though most of my posts are low quality. Did I say this once before? XDD; /shotshotkilled.

I miss my good 'ol infant sppf days where I posted six times a day for over a year :3. Those days, accompanied by lack of grammar and overuse of spamming, were the best days of my life. I will remember having a big postcount on forums when I'm old. I bet it'll rank right up there with marrying and becoming a mother :]!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For me, the answer is yes and no.

45 seconds per post. At the time of posting this, 11862 x 45 equals at least 533790, divide that by 60 and you get 8896.5 minutes.. or is that hours (?) spent on PC, figured out just by post count. Then add up all my other posts in forums that posts don't count in, specifically member fanclubs and other trivia, and the amount of time on PC gets boosted. Then think of all the time it takes to think of posts and read other posts... yeah, basically post count helps measure time spent on PC, so in that aspect I find it important. But lets do further maths. November 15, 2005 -> today = 1159 (that's going by 365 days in a year) then divide that by 24 hours in a day. And you get... a recurring number? Okay, working it out that way isn't going to work. But the point is, post count does show how much time you've spent on PC from the time you joined, so therefore, it kinda shows your loyalty to PC, or however long you were allowed on... okay, I'm giving up on this point.

However, ignoring all the stuff I just said, post count doesn't matter anymore, because once you're in the top 10 posters, it's really hard to move up a position unless you post in every free minute you have. Logically, people with post counts between 2000 and... 7000 (?) would care more about post count (for those who are competitive with numbers, that is) rather than anyone who's higher up in the post count positioning.

Though for those that aren't competitive... quality matters more. That's kinda why I post in OT most of the time because the posts don't necessarily have to be of good quality, but just to have fun. In the past, however, I became obsessive for short periods of time (early October last year, but the aim was just to get to 11k, then there are other shorter periods of time, that don't stand out in my memory.) Even from the start, I was posting lots because I thought that post count would make a difference in popularity, as people have mentioned. Nearly 100% of those posts were bad quality because of my competitive nature took over and I posted things that weren't even related to the topic.

So yeah, half of that probably doesn't make sense, but the answer is basically... used to be yes, and now no.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    I never even notice my post count shoot up, I joined in Sept. and Im at 932 already. But I dont care, post counts never matter to me. :3♪♪♪♪

Years
    No, not really. It's nice to know how much time I've blown on PC, and I'll admit I like the really cool numbers, but that's about all I see it being good for. Most of the time, I ignore it, both on my account and others.

It's just a number, and it's not even accurate at that, as some forums have postcount disabled.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    No they don't. I don't care the least sentiment concerning post counts.

What maters is the value and thought of the post. If it's helpful to others, kind in a way or just plain hilarious, it can overshadow 1000 post IMHO.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It doesn't matter to me in any way.
    But it would matter to me if reaching a certain post count gave you some abilities like no character limits and thing like that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I don't care much for post counts, I just use mine for my own reference, as to how much time I spend on the forum. I've never had a particularly large post count on any forum, since I only post in threads that I'm particularly interested in.

XaRhS

It doesn't matter to me a lot,i just want to reach a certan number,and then i'll be satisfied.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't care about the actual total amount of post count I have but I do make an attempt to keep my post average the same as long as I can.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It does. One of 1000+ shows me the person is 'dedicated' enough that they've stuck around, and have probably by now learnt the forum's ways and such. People with high post-counts are good ones to ask questions...
    Yet I don't care about any of this quality versus quantity stuff, I just be me and assume everyone else is simply doing so as well.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I guess it is kind of cool to look at your post count and to see a really high number and to know how many times you've posted but apart from that its not a majorly important thing to me. But I guess I wouldn't mind a really high post count XD

Back