• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Funny you ask this, since I AM a ghost...

*shot for Touhou reference*

But of course, I believe in them. After all, I've heard enough evidence at one of my previous homes where a little ghost boy once lived. Human footsteps behind me when everyone except me and the dogs were out, random thumping on the attic too big to be caused by a rodent or winged creature, and my parents seeing the form of a little boy coming down the stairs not once, but twice...

And, of course, if you watch stuff like Ghost Hunters International it seems kind of obvious that there is paranormal evidence out there somewhere.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pokemon Red made me wonder. No, I don't. I'm not asking for solid facts, but I just don't believe it. I think it's just one of those things that if you believe enough, you feel like it's really there.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Funny you ask this, since I AM a ghost...

*shot for Touhou reference*

But of course, I believe in them. After all, I've heard enough evidence at one of my previous homes where a little ghost boy once lived. Human footsteps behind me when everyone except me and the dogs were out, random thumping on the attic too big to be caused by a rodent or winged creature, and my parents seeing the form of a little boy coming down the stairs not once, but twice...

And, of course, if you watch stuff like Ghost Hunters International it seems kind of obvious that there is paranormal evidence out there somewhere.

Yes, but the ignorance of some people; 'oh that orb thing is just dust' or 'Stupid... that stone was threw by the camera man.'

I love to watch Most Haunted and A Haunting.

I could ramble on more about my experiences, but you don't wanna hear.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    No i dont but i remember i used to be extremely scared to sleep alone. I had to run in my parents room whenever i heard a freaky noise lol

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
    I believe in Ghosts but not Most Haunted, I think that show is fixed to be honest, the kind of ghost I see are much more realistic and human like then the ones you kinda see on Most haunted.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I believe in Ghosts but not Most Haunted, I think that show is fixed to be honest, the kind of ghost I see are much more realistic and human like then the ones you kinda see on Most haunted.

If it where fixed, Living would have stopped airing it by now. A Hauting is good, look in the Documentories on Sky, it shifts channels, so keep an eye out for it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Exactly, people who claim to see ghost see a lot more than a blur, they see a human figure or the figure of an animal or a type of shadow or orb etc. People see different things and in my life I have seen what seemed to be shadows racing up the stairs in my home, if you wonder how I can see shadows, well they are against the light cream wall and I am not blind, it was recently that my brother was speaking about them and my mum was shocked because I had told her the exact same thing and she didn't believe me, I'm not really too scared of ghosts, it is creepy yeah, but quite comforting at the same time.

I'm sorry, but how come the immediate assumption is a ghost? I know that you didn't know what it was, but it is absurd to say that just because you don't know what else it could be, it must be a supernatural entity. And honestly, don't think that I should believe you just because you said it. Unlike some people, I am swayed by scientific facts, and personal experiences hold no real water in science.

Also, all of the reported sightings I have heard said that they wear clothes. Please, explain to me why at least some of them wear clothes, since I don't remember companies instilling souls and spirits inside designer brands. I think ghosts are just about as likely as dowsing.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I do believe in Ghosts but not the kid of ghosts you believe in.

I believe that ghosts are not spirits of the undead (because dead people can't come back to life duh..) but are Demons playing mind games and generally disturbing us to make us believe in ghosts so that we become heretics that believe that we can come back after death. As for the ghosts who some people say helped them, that would be angels that God sent.

If you feel offended, keep it to yourself because that's just my opinion.

Shem

Bored...
    Years

Also, all of the reported sightings I have heard said that they wear clothes. Please, explain to me why at least some of them wear clothes, since I don't remember companies instilling souls and spirits inside designer brands. I think ghosts are just about as likely as dowsing.

I saw a "ghost" when I was younger, and it wasn't wearing any clothes, now you've heard a report of a naked "ghost".

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
    I'm sorry, but how come the immediate assumption is a ghost? I know that you didn't know what it was, but it is absurd to say that just because you don't know what else it could be, it must be a supernatural entity. And honestly, don't think that I should believe you just because you said it. Unlike some people, I am swayed by scientific facts, and personal experiences hold no real water in science.

Well if it is not natural, then it is supernatural. I understand that you said it can be absurd to instantly assume it is a ghost, but that is just one of many experiences, and I am not going to discuss all of them.

Personal experiences are more important than scientific facts if you are the person who had that experience, scientist do not know everything and not everything has yet been discovered, science used to say alot of things were facts and as time progressed they found out they were wrong.

And some ghosts may want to wear clothes, just as they wear their own skin, they apparently can take forms.

Anyhow, my point was, you do not have to believe in ghosts but also you do not have to be so rude about your opinion.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    No, I do not believe in ghosts. I have personally seen no reliable evidence that confirms the existence of ghosts beyond reasonable doubt, nor have I had a personal experience that does this.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Well if it is not natural, then it is supernatural. I understand that you said it can be absurd to instantly assume it is a ghost, but that is just one of many experiences, and I am not going to discuss all of them.
    I agree that if it isn't natural, it must be supernatural. However, the experiences are always in a dark place, usually alone, and no one ever has a real discussion with the ghost, probably because they are too scared to talk with them and run away immediately. I'll believe it when thousands of people see it and they have the exact same description of the ghost. Strangely enough, only the people who actually believe in ghosts see them. Based on this assumption, the jersey devil is much more believable, since thousands of people observed it on January of 1909.

Personal experiences are more important than scientific facts if you are the person who had that experience, scientist do not know everything and not everything has yet been discovered, science used to say alot of things were facts and as time progressed they found out they were wrong.

Be aware that this is the same science that showed the Earth wasn't flat, nor the center of the universe, and the one that showed us how gravity worked, among many other great theories. The same science that has the gall to continuously attempt to disprove itself. Also, a fact is nothing special in science. The scientific terminology is very different from social terminology, although I do know that you mean "truth" by saying "fact." Just to tell you, a fact is what happens. A theory explains why it happens, and has much more credibility than a fact.

And some ghosts may want to wear clothes, just as they wear their own skin, they apparently can take forms.

So now ghosts can shape shift? I don't see why ever single ghost is always in the shape of a human. I have never heard of a ghost of a dog, goldfish, or pterodactyl.

Anyhow, my point was, you do not have to believe in ghosts but also you do not have to be so rude about your opinion.
    I never said that my opinion would be butterflies and rainbows. I say it like I think it. I know it's irritating when personal experiences aren't treated more seriously, but you need to be more skeptical of claims.
    I think I have stayed too long in this thread, so if anyone still insists on replying to me, just give me a VM/PM.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    No. The concept of ghosts totally deifes established doctrines of physics, chemistry, biology, and numerous other sciences. You cant' bastardize science over something as unrealistic as ghosts. Science isn't perfect- not by along shot, but is there even a theory of how ghosts would exist? No. Because it's totally non-sensical. I'm trying to be rude, but ghosts have about as much anecdotal/empirical evidence backing them up as little fairies do.

That's just my opinion though:)

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    As a matter of fact, I do.
    Stories of others' experiences plus evidence have made me a believer.
    Too bad they're also one of my biggest fears. x__x

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
    Yeah but you can say, scientist prooved the world was a sphere shape and not flat, well Judea and Christianity was aware of this LONG before scientist knew, infact Judea, Christianity and Islam have helped with many, many scientific advances including tools and medicines etc.

And you do see the ghosts of animals, dogs etc. And a ghostly image of the Virgin Mary was seen by many people on some date, over a certain place, I've forgot all the details, google it if you like.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ghosts, like transparent people that fly through walls, no.
    Nondescript spirits out to help or hinder people and other animals, almost always indirectly, yes.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    No, not really. I'm the kind of person who needs to see something myself in order to believe it, so no, I don't believe in ghosts or spirits.

Back