• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you bother to look for hidden items?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
  • Eh. It's an off/on switch for me. Sometimes I see a hidden path and think, "Whoa! Let's check it out!" Other times, I just yawn and roll my eyes while moving on.

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
  • It depends. Sometimes, I just want to get to the next town or route. Other times, I like to explore every last inch of the region.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Unless an object or location stands out to me as being obviously something where an item might be hidden, I ignore hidden (Not visible on terrain) items.

I don't consider items you can see as a "pokeball" of some variety on the ground to be "hidden" even if it's out of sight lines as you breeze by. You find those items by simply looking around a little bit.

However there are moments in every generation where you find an item on the map somewhere surprising. I've found some useful items just from checking suspiciously placed rocks, bare corners of maps behind tall grass or garbage cans.

The hunt for missing items is fun and I do keep my eyes open at least for the *most common* ways they hide items but there's at least one item every Generation you don't find until a year later, and the items' placement is so unexpected that you can't help but be kinda amused by it.

Years
  • I'm with melody on this one, I don't actively search every inch of the region for hidden items, but if there's a place where I think an item might be hidden, I usually check it out.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • It's the same with me. I don't actively look for them, but I do check suspicious places when I find them. This includes trash cans, which have almost always been empty ever since I found a Great Ball in one on the S.S. Anne. Nonetheless I keep checking. xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • if it's obvious in the sense that there's literally a path that leads to nowhere, then i'll probably go out my way to check to see if there is something there. other than that, i never bother with hidden items or using features to help find them.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Once the series became 3D I stopped, because with the increased movement options it became harder to be precise. ORAS was fine though, because the item finder helped a tremendous amount.

Years
  • Only if those will help me with something i need to do necessarily, otherwise I didn't bother looking for them.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I don't go around looking for every single item, but its still fun searching for hidden stuff, so I most often do, if I know there is something you can find in a particular place, whether its useful or not, lol {XD}.

Pika Pika :chu:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It be nice if I can find some higher quality potions or full restore hidden instead getting low quality pokeballs or just single recovery item, that's why I don't bother so much

Pi25

Wandering
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I don't go out of my way but if I see an item laying around I have to get it otherwise it'll bother me for some reason.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Currently I'm using walkthroughs on Bulbapedia to be extra thorough - previously I used to be pretty prolific at discovering the hidden items by looking at empty patches of grass, suspicious rocks, those weird dark patches in FrLg etc.

Back