• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy the games on release?

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
  • I've been behind for years Legitimately lol.

Got BWW2 like 6 years ago and then played everything else after, and just got OR before Christmas then Sun months back lmao.

...SURPRISE! Still no switch lol.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Not in a while, no. None of the main games in a few years have really appealed to me enough that I feel the need to get them immediately.
    Wanted to get RTDX instantly, though. Money's tight atm, so still haven't, unfortunately.

Auraluxe

↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠
    Years
  • When do you usually buy Pokémon games? Release day, whenever you feel like it, maybe for a special holiday, etc?

When did you get the last Pokémon game you purchased? For many of us this is SwSh. I bought my copy digitally on release day!

When I was a kid, I would save up for months - sometimes years (!!) - until I had enough money to get the 'newest' games. It never really bothered me; I played the heck out of the games I did own in the meantime. Now, though? I'm financially stable enough to buy the games as they come out. The unfortunate caveat being I don't have nearly as much time to play as I did when I was a child, so I end up with a large library of games I haven't even begun to enjoy. I did, however, buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX the night it was released, and I've loved every second of it. Only had time to play since I've been quarantined, though, haha...

I'm curious to hear more on this. I've not played LGPE myself, but I was under the impression that it's been widely viewed as underwhelming, even more so than SwSh has been for some people. I've hardly ever heard anyone say that they thought LGPE was great, or even just better than SwSh.

I know everyone's tastes are different, but personally? I really enjoyed LGPE. The catch mechanism was a little off-putting, but the game itself was charming and nostalgic. It was definitely basic and lacking in features, but it possessed this innocent playfulness that really brought me back to when I was little and playing Red while curled up on the couch with my mom. I particularly enjoyed the return of follower Pokemon. I could see why a lot of people may not have liked it much, but I think it'd be good as a first Pokemon game for younger children. It definitely felt aimed at a younger audience.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I got my copy of Sw/Sh shortly before release day, after tracking down a really good family owned store near me. I was VERY excited to get my hands on it, even though I had DEEPLY mixed feelings on how it would be.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I never have. I remember going to buy HeartGold with my mom shortly after its release but not the day of. For the last few generations I've been much more patient and usually purchase the games months after their initial release.

Back