• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you consider your co workers your friends?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Naw. We discuss work, do work, then go our separate ways. It's a similar matter as with family. I see these people very frequently, but we aren't close at all since we share no deep interests or views and neither of us does much to enrich the other's life. If I could do just as well without someone, they aren't a friend.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
    Mostly no, but I have a new job now that will be starting soon. Everyone will be new so who knows how that will work out. With past experiences I was able to talk to others and feel comfortable around them but everyone was either too young or too old to hang out with.

Bay

Years
    Back when I was working part time in my university, many of my co-workers are friends since I hang out with them sometimes outside of the workplace and we share some of the classes. At the current place I'm working my co-workers are very friendly and I still consider them between friends/close acquaintances. The problem, though, is they're much older and they have family and other real life obligations so hanging out outside workplace is much harder to come by.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Not really. I go to work, do what needs to be done and then leave. I could probably see sharing some gaming information with them and play a match or two of something here and there but that's probably the full extent that our interactions would go outside of work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A couple jobs in the past I made acquaintances that I hung out with once or twice outside of work. One of my jobs now I've made a few friends at, but I've only hung out with one of them outside of work so far. And then at my other job right now I've hung out with one of the people because they're a friend of my cousin, but I wouldn't say we're good friends yet or anything.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Unfortunately, I do. Which proves to be a problem at my current job, because I'm in a management position and it becomes pretty hard for me to manage them when they think I'm buddies with them all the time. A lot of the time it leads to a lot of things not being done unless I stress it enough that it needs to be done. It's extremely frustrating at times. In the past, I've always made friends with my coworkers and since I was never in this position, it never became a problem.

Back